From BBLeaks.com:
    Leaked: BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.1049 � BBLEAKS.COM

It was rumored that OS 5.0.0.1049 had become ‘gold candidates’ for the 9000, 8900, and even 8520. Now, this OS build has dropped for the BlackBerry Bold 9000. No word on this builds performance, but we’re sure it has to be better than OS 5.0.0.1036, that leaked not long ago.

Download Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.1049 from:

* RapidShare
    * MegaUpload
    * DespositFiles
    * HotFile
    * zShare
    * Uploading
    Last edited by jeffreii; 12-16-10 at 10:48 AM.
    cl8baller likes this.
    12-16-10 10:46 AM
    Updating from Rogers .900 build

Before shrunk 93.49mb
    After shrunk 56.15mb
    Starting memory 24.1 mb

Battery life at 85%

Theme: Reverie DW
    Applications installed:

Brickbreaker
    Wordmole
    Sudoku
    Memopad
    Blackberry Maps
    Foursquare
    MemoryBooster
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Pageonce Personal Assistant Premium
    Pandora
    Poynt
    Superstore
    Viigo for Blackberry
    Wordpress for Blackberry
    Blackberry App World
    Blackberry Podcasts

All applications are up-to-date and seem to work perfectly, will try to report back findings on battery life and signal after a few hours or so.

If anything 3G sucks in my area as usual which isnt new, and EDGE seems to be about average if not better, seems more stable at about 4 bars (-77dBm to -80 dBm)

Volume adjustment bug from .1036 has been fixed, something seems different about that I just cant point out at the moment, I mean that in a good way

Will soon re-install Google Maps, and Dropbox.

Will report more later.
    12-16-10 05:22 PM
    Unless I missed it I think CB forgot to post this to their front page.

I rarely use my 9000 anymore but hopefully I can upgrade it to this from .681 which had been perfect for me before I got my Torch.
    12-16-10 08:26 PM
    Just installed it and so far everything works ok
    Can confirm that the volume adjutment bug is gone.

Installed apps:
    Facebook
    Dropbox
    Tunein Radio
    Appworld
    Keepass
    AnyRemote
    Google Maps

34.7 MB on startup.

Feels like a keeper so far.

/Gustav
    12-17-10 09:23 AM
    thanks keep us updated
    12-17-10 05:32 PM
    So far ok.

Did notice something weird this morning. My 9000 charges in a dock. I check my bb and the icon shows 5 emails. I go into my messages folder i don't see any new emails. I exit the folder and go back in I see 3 of the new emails, indicator still says 5. I go out and back in and now I can se all 5. Also, before I picked up the bb off the dock, the face was blank, no clock. I take it off the dock and put it back on and bedside mode comes back on.
    12-18-10 11:00 AM
    all links dead
    12-18-10 11:21 AM
    all links dead
    Other link are out there..you just have a look a bit harder.

Anways, battery life so far isn't that good compared to previous leak.

Stock theme with only MSN, Facebook, Scanlife, Slingplayer and scoremobile isntalled.

Battery dropped 2 bars from 8:30am to noon with light usage.
    12-18-10 03:42 PM
    Battery life seems bloody poor to me, full at ten this morning and dead now with minimal usage.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-10 03:28 PM
    Andrew: Give it a few days to settle and maybe a few battery pulls wont hurt. Furthermore: did u do a security wipe before/after wiping with bbsak? Cuz this is VERY recommended.

All: Coming from official .900 - Battery life is pretty good - approx 2.0%/hour with moderate usage and a couple of rim apps installed (fb, msn, tw, bbm, etc.)
    Ram seems en par with .900 but with less leakage.
    Browser has undergone a major speed improvement. Renders pages much faster than <=.900
    All apps working as they should. No hourglass seen in the last week.
    Recommend.
    Cheers

12-19-10 10:10 PM
    Andrew: Give it a few days to settle and maybe a few battery pulls wont hurt. Furthermore: did u do a security wipe before/after wiping with bbsak? Cuz this is VERY recommended.

All: Coming from official .900 - Battery life is pretty good - approx 2.0%/hour with moderate usage and a couple of rim apps installed (fb, msn, tw, bbm, etc.)
    Ram seems en par with .900 but with less leakage.
    Browser has undergone a major speed improvement. Renders pages much faster than <=.900
    All apps working as they should. No hourglass seen in the last week.
    Recommend.
    Cheers

I have found that at first it was an improvement over 1036 however my bold has become laggy even with several battery pulls. Therefore downgraded until something better comes along

12-20-10 03:15 PM
    I was questioning myself installing this leak because of this leak came quick after I installed .1036 last month..

So I waited for some reviews here..but there came a little lol

So since I was happy with the .1036, but I didn't like the bug about the volume adjusting icon and I mentioned a memory leak.

So I just installed this OS on my Bold and came out I had more Memory left after I installed my usual apps:

Google Maps and Sync
    BBM, AppWorld, Twitter and Facebook
    BerryWeather and BerryBuzz
    QuickLaunch
    TuneIn Radio

(WhatsApp I didn't installed because it is huge and I don't use it a lot, Maybe I Install it later)

I got now a boot-up memory around 29-30MB (I shrunk my OS from 93 to 51 MB)

I can't say you guys anything about the battery life or memory management, but I found that .1036 was leaking memory and did not well with my battery life..

Keep you updated
    12-21-10 09:18 AM
    @ ammenack.
    Thanks pal but this build isn't going to work for me. One OS will give different results on different users handsets I've learnt over several years.

12-21-10 02:29 PM
    Hi! I like this build.. feels fast, doesn't seem to hog the battery.

The radio signal isn't as bouncy as .1036 was for whatever reason. I didn't think .1036 was a good build, gps felt slower too and of course the distorted volume graphic.

Haven't yet tested with a wifi hotspot login.. .900 and .1036 have a bug where the first time trying to log into one will reboot the phone. They (and .1049 to a lesser degree) have a bug where on some webpages with lots of text they will display blank instead.

I would suggest that one do the apploader install upgrade method which does wipe the device as part of the process and then restores your data and apps.

So I like .1049, .900 and .771 .771 was a quite stable build but I'll be leaving .1049 on.
    12-21-10 05:00 PM
    Afaik a simple upgrade won't wipe anything. Neither through DM nor through the apploader alone.
    Cleanest method described by AE (who knows what he's doin i guess lol):
    backup ur device with desktop manager
    backup ur apps with BBSAK
    wipe ur device with security wipe(go to option-security option-security wipe choseemail and user installed app)
    wipe device with BBSAK or jl cmder
    launch loader.exe
    IF DONE, do security wipe again before restore apps and data.
    restore apps, if done do hard reset

This method will not only completely erase ur databases, it will also low-level wipe the phone for the best and cleanest results.
    Cheers

12-21-10 05:40 PM
    .771 has been the best build i've used. battery life is amazing.no memory leak. i think i will stick with it.i passed on .900 anyways. sometimes its a tedious process when upgrading the os and getting my apps back.so i'll wait for a much better leak then .1049.
    12-21-10 06:37 PM
    i try to download using * RapidShare
    * MegaUpload
    * DespositFiles
    * HotFile
    * zShare
    * Uploading
    it dont work can anyone help me
    12-22-10 05:02 AM
    Afaik a simple upgrade won't wipe anything. Neither through DM nor through the apploader alone.
    Cleanest method described by AE (who knows what he's doin i guess lol):
    backup ur device with desktop manager
    backup ur apps with BBSAK
    wipe ur device with security wipe(go to option-security option-security wipe choseemail and user installed app)
    wipe device with BBSAK or jl cmder
    launch loader.exe
    IF DONE, do security wipe again before restore apps and data.
    restore apps, if done do hard reset

This method will not only completely erase ur databases, it will also low-level wipe the phone for the best and cleanest results.
    Cheers

Ammenack:

This is an unnecessary procedure.

The reason is because the apploader:

-backs up your device (don't need the DM)
    -backs up your applications (don't need BBSAK)
    -wipes your device (if you pay attention during the process, you'll see your device throw up a 507 error code just like BBSAK's wipe right before installing stuff)
    -restores your device AND applications

In addition, the procedure given above asks you to wipe 3 times? It's nonsense because your databases are going to overwrite whatever is there anyway. The BBSAK 'reset to factory' is also a wipe like the BB's security options one but can remove IT policy if it's a BES device the internal device security options wipe cannot. The BBSAK/apploader 'wipe' afaik is likely just a boot block remover, not exactly the same as the other type, there is a benefit to doing the other type, you need to know when though. An example would be if you had been using apps that you no longer use again that have had invisible threads running. Then a factory reset wipe is good.. but if your apps aren't going to change _at all_ between the two versions, then it's not necessary!

I agree with the battery pull, I send the service books again then do 1 more battery pull.

The apploader method is fine.. I would only bother with the slower process of doing a reset to factory default then code 507 wipe if I was moving from a 4.x build to 5.x or whatever.. but if you're already at build 5.0.0.900 for example then you really really don't need to wipe and wipe and wipe and make the process much longer than it needs to be.. what for? It's the same major version, only a minor subversion revision.

I only do apploader upgrades inside a major version.. I got sick of doing the cumbersome slow process.. it's not worth it unless you've been using glitchy apps.. I've been doing installs since 4.6.0.125
    stardotstar likes this.
    12-22-10 07:27 AM
    Well, my experience with this OS so far. First of all, it is very stable, like the last 2 released ones.

Battery life has icreased compared to .1036! Just like memory management. After 24 hours with usage for like 14 hours the boot-up memory form 28mb decreased to 22mb..

Now I installed Whatsapp (2.4mb) I will see what happen with the memory during the day..keep you guys posted
    stardotstar likes this.
    12-23-10 03:41 AM
    Download link for anyone looking for one. Note it usually takes a while to download a file off Deposit Files, so long download times are normal (half hour or so).

Deposit Files
    mrk2010 and DarkestBerry like this.
    12-27-10 08:35 PM
    any1 have the east asian version?

or any method to load chinese on this base?
    12-30-10 09:01 AM
    Well Ive had this on for quite a while and I am pretty satisfied. Occasionally Ill have a bad battery day but that was normally because I kept an app or two open without realizing. Other than that little accident I am satisfied with this build. Cant say much about how long itll last, I have several apps that do schedule auto updates as well as a spare battery so its hard to keep track.
    12-31-10 03:35 AM
    I've been running this build for about a week. I can say that this is the BEST OS 5.0 build I have ever used. I start at 22 MB after a reboot and the memory will drop to about 10 MB and stay there...forever. This would indicate that there is no leak (finally!)

Also, I don't know what RIM did, but battery life is incredible. I use to finish my day at 20-30% remaining. I now (no kidding!) finish at around 60-70%!

.681 was good, .771 was better. .822 had serious sound bugs. .900 leaked like a leaky bucket, .1036 had graphics bugs.... but .1049.... wow. Finally.
    01-01-11 01:51 PM
    OK just installed and will advise!

Thanks
    01-01-11 03:23 PM
    Updated my daughters and all appears well between the 2 units. Charged mine yesterday at 5 pm and its only down one square, granted email and activity has been light today.
    01-02-11 07:45 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD