Software For BlackBerry� Bold (TM) 9000 smartphone
    BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1682 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 5.0.0.1682
    Consisting of:

Applications: 5.0.0.1036
    Software Platform: 5.2.0.93
    File name: 9000M_PBr5.0.0_rel1682_PL5.2.0.93_A5.0.0.1036_Voda fone_DE.exe
    File size: 129.69MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software
    Matt J likes this.
    12-16-10 10:11 AM
    great! thanks man!
    12-16-10 12:17 PM
    I personally have not found any differences between this OS and 900

For benefit of those who are not familiar with upgrading OS, this is the instruction link:

BlackBerry101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS)
    Last edited by mandony; 12-16-10 at 12:42 PM.
    12-16-10 12:34 PM
    No EastAsian version? :/
    12-16-10 01:17 PM
    Will this ultimately be issued by ATT for their service?
    12-16-10 06:39 PM
    Just installed it, and I can confirm the volume bar is distorted. I'm going to keep running it for a couple days and see how its memory management is. .900 was great for me, but after a few days the memory would dip down to 6-8MB

I doubt it stardotstar, but it doesn't matter which provider you are on. Just follow these steps:

Recommended Upgrading Procedure is as follows:

1. Download the OS and install it on your PC. (Make sure you have already removed any older OSes you have installed on your PC by going to Add / Remove Programs in Control Panel)

2. Delete the vendor.xml file (located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader)

3. Backup your 3rd party applications ( optional recommended step )

4. Connect your Bold 9000 to your PC and right click on a file named Loader (located in the same place where you found the vendor.xml > C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe) and select '' Run As Administrator ''

5. Follow the prompts. The Loader will backup and restore your data by default
    Matt J likes this.
    12-16-10 06:43 PM
    Thanks I have been running this version for several weeks now, the only issue being the split sound bar. Not an issue for me. Waiting to see if the other rumor of another version will come true.

Thanks
    12-16-10 06:47 PM
    For anyone who has installed this, have you had any memory issues?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-10 09:24 PM

Hard to say right now. I've only had it installed for about 12 hours now. I'll report back in a day or so if I notice anything different from .900. That build for me stayed fairly stable for the first couple days, then would slowly dip to around 6Mb and lower.
    12-17-10 06:51 AM
    Please do, thanks a lot. I don't really have much space for memory leaks, and my current OS is eating it away as it is. I'd like something a little more stable.

12-17-10 07:32 PM
    reboot battery issue is still there.
    12-18-10 08:00 AM
    Memory slowly eats away, I'm down to 9.5 MB this morning. Not sure what the battery reboot problem is?

I'm probably going to go back to .771. .900 was great but ate memory over time and this one seems to do the same. Plus the volume bar in the media player annoys me quite a bit (I'm admittedly pretty obsessive compulsive haha). Not only does the graphic bother me, the delay in raising or lowering the volume does too.

I will leave this OS on the rest of the day to see how low the memory goes. I'm suspecting it will continuously leak memory...
    12-18-10 09:13 AM
    I tried .1036 before it became official. The graphic distortion for the volume bar is inexcusable. If someone is playing MP3's and videos regularly, this will become annoying quite quickly. Also, the responsiveness of the volume change is terrible. It's hard to tell where you are... and it takes a long time to change. These are both deal breakers for me.

Also, the memory seems to leak quickly on this build. Even more so than .900. I don't know why RIM releases these builds...there is no change log and this one seems to be worse than the last.

Waiting for the next build.... if there is one.
    12-18-10 09:48 AM
    I tried .1036 before it became official. The graphic distortion for the volume bar is inexcusable. If someone is playing MP3's and videos regularly, this will become annoying quite quickly. Also, the responsiveness of the volume change is terrible. It's hard to tell where you are... and it takes a long time to change. These are both deal breakers for me.

Also, the memory seems to leak quickly on this build. Even more so than .900. I don't know why RIM releases these builds...there is no change log and this one seems to be worse than the last.

Waiting for the next build.... if there is one.
    i thought it only me who's facing this problem..
    yea the graphic is annoying.. hope the next version is better..
    12-18-10 12:29 PM
    for the first time since updating a coupla weeks ago, my phone started to do the low volume three monotone alerts.

had to pull battery
    12-18-10 02:25 PM
    Shouldn't think thread be "stickied" as the latest official release?
    12-21-10 06:50 AM
    The leaked 5.0.0.1049 is better than this build. My advice is to skip .1036
    12-22-10 07:28 AM

I've been running 1036 for a few weeks and I have *never* had memory or battery leak issues!! However, this version cuts my memory down to about 5-7 mb by the end of the day - without any "unusual use" - and I never had to charge the phone during the day. Just charge it at night. With this version, I usually have to charge it around 2pm (with battery already down to 20%) then again around 8 or 9pm!

Two of the most important things have issues! Not good!
    12-22-10 03:43 PM
    Does anyone have a link to 5.0.0.1049 that hasnt been removed? Could someone copy it into their Dropbox and share the link please? If you copy it into Dropbox you most likely wont even have to upload it.
    12-23-10 09:13 AM
    Does anyone have a link to 5.0.0.1049 that hasnt been removed? Could someone copy it into their Dropbox and share the link please? If you copy it into Dropbox you most likely wont even have to upload it.
    This one seems to work:

Deposit Files
    12-23-10 09:17 AM
    Thanks Matt, got it. So far so good.
    12-23-10 11:55 AM
    I used .1049 for a few days. The battery life is a lot shorter, and the BB feels warm all the time.

I rolling back to .1036.
    12-24-10 03:51 AM
    I used .1049 for a few days. The battery life is a lot shorter, and the BB feels warm all the time.
    Are you loading any programs that are doing background streaming? .. The warm battery may be due to programs like you-tube viewers, web-radios, and twitter-apps that are always open/downloading ... make sure they are shut down or delete and test.
    12-26-10 03:56 PM
    hi guys, ive just got my bold a month a go and i upgraded it to .1036 3 days ago. Then last night i noticed that my sms tone could not be changed through the sound profile. Im in the normal mode and usually when you set, like for example BBPro_confirm, as your sms tone every SMS you recieve should alert you with this tone right? but mine always has the tone of sanguine, i think. Then I tried going to my contacts and i noticed that all my contact's sms tone was this sanguine. There was no option "active profile". In short if I would like to change my SMS tone, I should do it manually per contact. Is this same with yours? need your help. thanks!
    12-28-10 08:48 AM
    Please do, thanks a lot. I don't really have much space for memory leaks, and my current OS is eating it away as it is. I'd like something a little more stable.

For me .900 has been great for battery life and memory. I have 15 apps installed and I'll be stable with around 17MB throughout the day. Not a heavy BMMer / texter but use email throughout the day and listen to music on the way to work for a total of 1.5 hours per day.

I've found memory leak depends on the app. For instance, any 3rd party theme I've run eats memory like crazy no matter what OS, so I've switched back to stock. Also, certain apps suck the memory like Blackberry Traffic. Tried it the other day and within hours memory went from 17MB to 6. That one was uninstalled pretty quick.
    12-28-10 11:06 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD