When I receive an MMS the picture is very low in size and resolution compared to the sent message (38kb received, 223kb sent) why is this and can it be fixed?

I have looked at other forums and they don't answer the problem as to why the received message is so small.....saving and zooming does not help

If I do the same comparison on my iphone then the size you receive is exactly the size you sent so I do not believe it is a carrier problem unless blackberry MMS messages are treated differently

??
    12-15-10 11:51 PM
    Is the person sending you the picture re-sizing it?

I make sure to tell people sending me an MMS to make it the largest possible size, and so far I have had zero issues with receiving pictures either via BBM or MMS.
    12-16-10 01:59 AM
    I dont think that is the problem....I believe it may be an MMSC/User Agent issue where Telstra are truncating the message because they think I have a different device (9780 not offered on Telstra)
    12-16-10 02:20 AM
    I am having the same problem with my new Bold. It was working fine for about a week and now the pictures are received very small. Did you find a resolution to this problem? Thanks!
    01-13-11 02:45 PM
    ive been having this same issue since late last night. i cant find any setting to change or a way to fix it.
    01-13-11 03:28 PM
    If you are using the 9780 on a carrier that does not offer the 9780, their system is not going to recognize it as a BB. Since it does not know what type of phone the picture is being sent to, it will be resized to minimal settings to ensure compatibility with all phones. There is nothing you can do until your carrier programs their system to recognize the 9780.
    01-13-11 06:15 PM
    I'm on Tmobile with my 9780 and up until yesterday all my pics were fine. I've had this phone since the day it came out with no problems with regards to the MMS. Yesterday I received a pic and it was very small. Its like all of a sudden this started happening... Not sure what the problem is considering it worked flawlessly for a month or so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

01-13-11 06:23 PM
    I also have a 9700 on T-Mobile, and as IAMDEEMO stated, starting yesterday, every picture I receive is being resized 160x120.

I had multiple friends on multiple carriers send me pictures, as well as sending myself a HQ picture, and it doesn't matter, every picture I receive is resized to 160x120.

Anyone else having issues, or know of a fix?
    01-13-11 06:34 PM
    Ok, so to update my previous post.

Had a friend on Boost Mobile send me a pic, and I received the full quality version of the picture. But no other carriers seem to be coming through without being resized...
    01-13-11 06:47 PM
    Ok... So I don't know what the deal was, but I'm receiving pictures at full size again. I guess everyone else can update if they're receiving pictures like normal now.

Sorry for all the posts...
    01-13-11 06:51 PM
    Well I might as well update my original post. My pics are back to normal and full size. That was VERY odd what happened for a day...

01-14-11 03:26 PM
    I originally came here to find a resolution to the issue presented in this thread but realized that I can' RECEIVE pics (and they're small) but I can no longer SEND pics out (sometimes). I've tried sending to myself as a test, and I receive them but they don't go out when I send to others.

I have had the phone for about 2 weeks now, I unlocked it myself for Tmo (no, I'm no pro)
    Last edited by onee1222; 01-17-11 at 09:19 PM.
    01-17-11 09:07 PM
    I posted about issues with picture messages. Everyone is telling me it is normal to receive pics as tiny attachments inside texts. The norm for my 8900 with OS 5, was full size pics.
    02-04-11 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD