My new 9300 is being shipped! Replacing my 8520, which I love, but which has also been malfunctioning.

This will be my first ever BlackBerry switch. Does anyone have tips for me?

What should I know before my 9300 arrives? What differences should I expect to see between my 8520 and my 9300?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
    12-14-10 12:03 PM
    You won't notice too many differences in the 8520 and the 9300. Maybe a little snappier! The great thing about the 9300 is 6.0.
    MamaBee likes this.
    12-14-10 02:42 PM
    You won't notice too many differences in the 8520 and the 9300. Maybe a little snappier! The great thing about the 9300 is 6.0.
    Great! I'm not always a fan of change.

I'm wondering too if my Innocase will fit. When I look at the Crackberry store, it says that the Seidio Innocase will work on 8520, 8530 and the 9300. Anyone experience that?

Also, can anyone tell me how to do a device switch? I wish I had done one before, but I didn't have both 8520s in my possession at the same time. This time I will have both the 8520 and the 9300.

I am really excited to experience 6.0. Are there any write-ups on the differences/changes between 5 and 6? I'd like to educate myself as much as possible before the new phone gets here.
    12-14-10 03:21 PM
    Great! I'm not always a fan of change.

I'm wondering too if my Innocase will fit. When I look at the Crackberry store, it says that the Seidio Innocase will work on 8520, 8530 and the 9300. Anyone experience that?

Also, can anyone tell me how to do a device switch? I wish I had done one before, but I didn't have both 8520s in my possession at the same time. This time I will have both the 8520 and the 9300.

I am really excited to experience 6.0. Are there any write-ups on the differences/changes between 5 and 6? I'd like to educate myself as much as possible before the new phone gets here.
    I'm not sure about the case, since I don't have one, but it should, since Crackberry is selling it under same category for both devices.

Device switch--well, you just have to have Desktop Manager installed and then just back up your current blackberry, then connect the new one and restore the file to the new blackberry. That's it.

About OS6 vs. OS5, well, there are a bunch of threads on this site, try searching and I'm sure you'll find a couple of good threads. Also, you can go under Leaked OS subforum and read the ones on 9300, they have some good info on OS differences.
    MamaBee likes this.
    12-14-10 05:07 PM
    I'm not sure about the case, since I don't have one, but it should, since Crackberry is selling it under same category for both devices.

Device switch--well, you just have to have Desktop Manager installed and then just back up your current blackberry, then connect the new one and restore the file to the new blackberry. That's it.

About OS6 vs. OS5, well, there are a bunch of threads on this site, try searching and I'm sure you'll find a couple of good threads. Also, you can go under Leaked OS subforum and read the ones on 9300, they have some good info on OS differences.
    Thank you. I wasn't sure about the case either. When looking at the specs, I seem to recall that there is a little size difference. Hope it doesn't make my case not fit.

Device switch sounds easy! I'm excited to try it.

I have been browsing the threads on OS6. I'm really excited to try it. Glad I'm comfortable with loading OSs.
    12-15-10 06:54 AM
    The cases and other accessories totally fit the new 9300 series. I have an old case from a 8530 and it fits just fine on my 9330. It is a fited case.
    MamaBee likes this.
    12-15-10 09:25 AM
    Thank you! I'm really getting excited now! I have to admit that I was really ready to jump off the BlackBerry wagon after the past few weeks. Not sure I still won't when my upgrade comes up in October, but it's nice to be excited about BlackBerry again.
    12-15-10 09:30 AM
    My new 9300 is being shipped! Replacing my 8520, which I love, but which has also been malfunctioning.

This will be my first ever BlackBerry switch. Does anyone have tips for me?

What should I know before my 9300 arrives? What differences should I expect to see between my 8520 and my 9300?
    Yes there are a couple of differences, 3G and GPS. The addition of GPS is huge for me, I use Google Maps all the time,it's indispensable for me.
    Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

MamaBee likes this.
    12-15-10 11:53 PM
    There a few things that are faster and better with the 9300. 3G will be a nice increase (especially if you're on AT&T) and the processor is better. Other than that, the housing is pretty much exactly the same as the 8520, so any accessories should fit exactly as they did before.
    MamaBee likes this.
    12-16-10 08:24 AM
    It is here! Thrilled with it so far. Can't wait to get 6.0 on it tonight!
    Couple of things I've noticed:
    *the touchpad seems much more responsive
    *websites load significantly faster
    *it just feels more sturdy
    *it has a rubberized battery door. Might have to leave the case off for a bit to enjoy the pretty smoky violet color. Lol!

12-16-10 07:00 PM
    Websites will load even faster once you install os6, at least they are for me.
    MamaBee likes this.
    12-16-10 07:36 PM
    Websites will load even faster once you install os6, at least they are for me.
    So far I LOVE OS6! I didn't think I'd like it quite this much.
    12-17-10 10:27 AM
    Glad you like it. Did you find it easy to install a leaked version of os6?

12-17-10 02:49 PM
    Absolutely. It was faster than a lot of the OS 5 installs I've done.

12-17-10 08:39 PM
    i have the 3g and love it
    12-18-10 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD