Hello everyone.

I have a BB Storm 2 and i have tried to connect it with a Microsoft Exchange Server. I was not able to do it. However, some of my co-workers did with Bold 9700 and Torch. Is there difference between Storm 2 and those phones with Exchange Server?. Bold has OS5 and Torch OS6. A third co-worker has a Torch too and he cannot connect as well.

Could it be a difference with phones, OS or email accounts?

I work for HP so you guys may know what HP has Palm so BB is not allowed to check emails but i don't understand why some people can and some other don't.

Best regards,

E!
    12-14-10 11:29 AM
    Nope, ALL Blackberries use the same email setup which is not dependant upon the model or OS. The connections are made from the BIS servers themselves.

The only possible explanation for just two of you having this issue (as long as the setup for everyone is BIS only), is the fact that you two might have differences between your username and email address. If your email address (before the @ symbol) is different then the login name you use to log into the domain/Exchange server, then that's your problem. The email setup wizard uses the part before the @ symbol as the username in the auto-setup process for all email accounts. If for some reason the login name is different, you just need to answer yes to provide the advanced settings after the initial email wizard fails to authenticate your account. Feed it the proper username, mailbox name, and email address and you'll be good to go.

Of course, this is all just an educated guess based on the info you've provided.
    12-14-10 01:42 PM
    JRSCCivic98

Thanks for your response. I've tried to configure my email including the tips you gave me but I was not able to do it. For some reason I can't check my email. I'm guessing there must be something different between my email account settings and two other friends that can connect to the servers.

Thanks any way!!!
    12-15-10 05:36 PM
    What plan do you have with your carrier? To connect to the enterprise server, you need to have the roughly $45 dollar a month plan from your carrier AND you need to have your tech people set up a profile for you on the BES before you can connect. Without either one of those or both, you will get very frustrated.
    12-16-10 10:01 AM
    I have tried to contact Exchange Administrator. Looks like the reason is because my email account does not have IMAP service activated. The question is... IMAP is for my email account or for Server? Some of my mates that can check email thru BB are in different servers than me. Could that be the reason?
    01-06-11 02:48 PM
    If you are on BIS you will need Astrasync to synch with your exchange server. Just go to AstraSync - BlackBerry ActiveSync Compatibility - Sync BlackBerry with Exchange ActiveSync Server and download the program. Caveat... it's $49/yr but well worth it if you want to keep your BB and they are not supported by your co.
    01-07-11 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD