Well, I just did the S2 OTA update, and everything is actually running pretty well, but app world is saying that some of my apps are 'uninstalled' like BBM for instance, even though my BBM is installed and working perfectly.

Its not really a problem, I guess just more of an annoyance.

But does anyone know why that happened? Do I need to 're-install' these apps on App World so that I can get future updates, or will app world somehow learn that they are in fact installed, and put the apps on my installed list?

Thanks
    12-14-10 02:32 AM
    Well, I just did the S2 OTA update, and everything is actually running pretty well, but app world is saying that some of my apps are 'uninstalled' like BBM for instance, even though my BBM is installed and working perfectly.

But does anyone know why that happened? Do I need to 're-install' these apps on App World so that I can get future updates, or will app world somehow learn that they are in fact installed, and put the apps on my installed list?

Thanks
    AppWorld is buggy?
    I quit using AppWorld ages ago, you can still get apps by going to the website and install via browser with your device plugged in.
    12-14-10 03:53 AM
    Ya... App world is definitely pretty buggy.
    It's probably app world and not the software update.

But it's fine, everything is working, lol.
    12-14-10 09:20 AM

Thanks
    Same here.

Good Luck
    12-14-10 08:58 PM
    Its possible that you have a different version than the one you DL'd from Appworld. For instance I have FB from app world not the Core Add-In, so in the app center it shows as not installed.
    12-15-10 03:01 PM
    Its possible that you have a different version than the one you DL'd from Appworld. For instance I have FB from app world not the Core Add-In, so in the app center it shows as not installed.
    FB from Appworld is the core add-in. Check Applications -> Core Add-ins.
    12-15-10 03:07 PM
    FB from Appworld is the core add-in. Check Applications -> Core Add-ins.
    Then y would I have a diff vers. than the one in App Center. There is a download link that comes with the OS (Core) and I don't recall that link going to app world, then there is one that can be downloaded from App World. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    12-15-10 04:20 PM

Thanks
    its just app world. if you want the apps to show as installed again you will need to "reinstall" them.
    12-15-10 04:29 PM
    Then y would I have a diff vers. than the one in App Center. There is a download link that comes with the OS (Core) and I don't recall that link going to app world, then there is one that can be downloaded from App World. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    That link would be a direct download, so you wouldn't have to go through Appworld to get it. They both come from RIM so they should be identical. What version do you have?
    12-15-10 04:35 PM
    That link would be a direct download, so you wouldn't have to go through Appworld to get it. They both come from RIM so they should be identical. What version do you have?
    I have 1.9.0.20. What I'm saying is that the version that comes with the OS isn't the one he has installed is the possibility.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-10 08:03 PM
    Yah, I see what you guys mean.

Actually, one or two were like that, I had an app that needed an update before I updated my software, so app world showed the un-updated app as uninstalled... but some of them were up to date (and the same version) but showed as uninstalled, like BBM. Its all fixed now though

Except... weatherbug is messed up
    Not really in context with my original problem... but I did the re-install of WB after my software update, and it worked for a day (if I'm remembering correctly) and then it just stopped opening... i click it, but nothing happens. And app world says it is installed, and its on my Applications list... but it doesn't open.

I also uninstalled and reinstalled through app world, but no fix, it still won't open.
    Its really weird, especially because of the full delete, reinstall, reboot routine didn't work at all...

Anyone have any ideas what to do from here? Or is anyone else with an S2 experiencing this problem?
    12-15-10 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD