Hi All,

Having an issue. I am sending back my torch and have performed a security wipe, but my gmail account is still on my bb and am receiving emails.

Can somebody please help?
    12-13-10 01:43 PM
    Thats because the account info is not held on the device, its part of your BIS. So you need to login to the BIS and delete the account from there. Then it will push a servicebook to delete it off the phone. Right now everytime you clear it, when the phone restarts, the Service book from the BIS puts the account back on the phone.

Dixit
    12-13-10 01:46 PM
    Thanks!

One more thing, can you point me to the BIS site or do you know of a guide?
    Im kinda new to the BB world lol.
    12-13-10 01:48 PM
    12-13-10 01:50 PM
    Easiest way is go to your phone and go to SETUP icon and then go to the Email Account. Then go to Internet accounts. You will have to possibly enter your BIS login info (when you first created the account) and then go in there and then choose the Gmail and I think there is an option to delete it, not in front of my device at the moment.
    Thanks!

One more thing, can you point me to the BIS site or do you know of a guide?
    Im kinda new to the BB world lol.
    BlackBerry - Smartphone and Email Account Setup
    ive never logged into bis. how do i find a username and password?
    12-13-10 02:28 PM
    Create one from the email setup on your phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 02:30 PM
    ive never logged into bis. how do i find a username and password?
    Did you try going to the website as the one post suggested and using the FORGOT PASSWORD link and entering your PIN? See if you get an email from RIM.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

Dixit
    12-13-10 02:36 PM
    If you ge an email stating there is no username or password, do as I first suggested, by going to SETUP icon straight from the device, Choose internet accounts, it should let you straight in with no username/password. Then just choose the GMAIL (hold it down) and select the delete option. I just tested this on mine (with the exception I didnt want to delete mine)

Dixit
    12-13-10 02:39 PM
    it sends an email to my bb stating username/password does not exist.
    im lost here, lol.
    all i want to do is delete my gmail account so the next person that gets it doesnt start receiving my emails lol.
    12-13-10 02:41 PM
    If you ge an email stating there is no username or password, do as I first suggested, by going to SETUP icon straight from the device, Choose internet accounts, it should let you straight in with no username/password. Then just choose the GMAIL (hold it down) and select the delete option. I just tested this on mine (with the exception I didnt want to delete mine)

Dixit
    thanks. the only thing im worried about is once the security wipe is performed, will the email address show up again?
    12-13-10 02:42 PM
    thanks. the only thing im worried about is once the security wipe is performed, will the email address show up again?
    No it wont. As stated before, the security wipe only wipes the device itself. What you are doing in these steps (which is what we are all here trying to help you with) is logging into the BIS server (which is RIMs server) that is holding your gmail account info and what PIN it is attached to. If you delete it from there, it will no longer send emails to that PIN.

Dixit
    12-13-10 02:44 PM
    ok, maybe thats where im getting confused.
    some people are telling me i need to log in to a site to delete it from the bis.
    are you saying just deleting it from the setup menu is the same thing?
    12-13-10 02:52 PM
    When you go to SETUP, then Email Accounts, then Internet Accounts, you are basically logging into the BIS. It is another way to log directly into the BIS. The other folks gave you a direct link from a computer to login to the BIS and manage accounts. But since you never created a login you dont have the ability to login there. So thats why I said just go to the BIS directly from your phone. They are both the same thing.

Once its deleted, its gone from the BIS. That means its gone from the server and the server will no longer foward any GMAIL emails to your BB.

Dixit
    12-13-10 02:54 PM
    ok, thanks alot!
    12-13-10 02:58 PM
    Go ahead delete it (if you havent already) once you get into the BIS from the phone. You should see the GMAIL icon go away from your home screen (if you havent hid it previously). Then you can verify it by sending some test emails to your gmail account to prove its gone.

And if you really paranoid, go ahead run a Security wipe again and test it (but I dont feel you need to as security wipe has nothing to do with the BIS accounts). But do what makes you feel comfortable after deleting it to test and proof its gone and as you said the next person wont be getting your emails.

Dixit
    12-13-10 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD