I'm having some major issues with my calendar syncing option in the new BIS. I've searched a great deal, tried all the suggestions I found, and still have no luck. Here is my story:

I was excited to try the new calendar and contacts sync for gmail, which was new to BIS. I did my research, and signed out of Google Sync (which erased all my gmail entries in the calendar), enabled the calendar and contact sync in the email account manager, then patiently waited for everything to sync. I did that at about noon. I got no syncing all day. As I placed my phone in the dock before going to bed, still nothing. When I woke up the next morning, still nothing!

At around noon the next day, still with no syncing of any contacts or calendar entries, I decided to stop waiting, as I needed my calendar entries for work. I went back to email options, unchecked calendar and contact syncing for my gmail account, then saved. Just to make sure, I went back in and double checked that those options were unchecked. At that point, I logged back into Google Sync, and re-synced my calendar and contacts. Everything was back and I was a happy camper.

Around 5 PM that night, I opened up the calendar again to check on a meeting for the next day, and to my horror, all of my calendar entries had been duplicated. I went back to the email settings and contacts and calendar syncing options were enabled (even though I double checked that they were disabled earlier in the day). I unchecked them again, saved, and double checked my options again. I resigned to the fact that I would have to go into my Google Calendar later to delete all the doubled entries.

About an hour later, when I opened my BB calendar again, I was greeted with yet another surprise. Now, all my entries were tripled!!! I went back to email settings again, and sure enough, the calendar and contacts sync options were checked again. Like the first two times, I unchecked the options, saved, and double checked the options again to make sure.

This happened two more times before I decided to try something else. With 5 duplicates of every entry in my calendar, I logged out of Google Sync, deleted the app, and did a battery pull. This removed one of the six copies of every calendar entry. Five still remain. This leads me to believe that for some reason, the calendar sync over BIS with gmail somehow synced my entries 5 times.

The curious thing is that my contacts are fine. They synced perfectly, and update over BIS when I make changes on my phone or when logged into Gmail rather quickly. Only the calendar is affected.

My question to you all is before log back into Gmail on my computer to clean up my now mess of a calendar, is there something that I did wrong? I don't want to spend the time deleting all the duplicate entries only to have BIS Google Calendar sync do this all over again. Has anyone else experienced something like this? As a side note, the BIS sync also turned all my recurring appointments into individual entries (also very annoying).

I'm running the first leak of OS6 on my 9700.

Thanks in advanced for all your help.

PS, I'm not sure if this is in the right forum. Mods, if I created this thread in the wrong one, could you please move it to the appropriate one with my sincerest apologies? Thanks!
    12-13-10 01:27 PM
    What is your default calendar set to?
    12-13-10 07:44 PM
    What is your default calendar set to?
    My gmail account.
    12-14-10 09:39 AM
    I ran into this same problem. Connect to DM via USB and under Advanced, you are going to need to delete the calendar. Make sure that the calendar in your Google Sync is still right. After that, sync with Google Calendar via Sync, and you should be good to go.
    12-14-10 09:55 AM
    I ran into this same problem. Connect to DM via USB and under Advanced, you are going to need to delete the calendar. Make sure that the calendar in your Google Sync is still right. After that, sync with Google Calendar via Sync, and you should be good to go.
    I'm having the same problem (on my 9780). I'm not sure I fully understand the instructions you've given. When you say "sync with Google Calendar via Sync" do you mean use the email setup app on the BB?
    12-14-10 12:18 PM
    Hmmm... Actually, I'm not having the same problem. BIS is not syncing my BB calendar with Google Calendar at all. It syncs contacts, but that's all. I tried deleting the gmail account and re-creating it, and re-sending service books, but it's not happening. I don't know how long it has been since it worked. Possibly it's since I installed 6.0.0.359, but I'm not sure.
    12-14-10 05:12 PM
    This is where I ran into my issue. I didn't know that BIS did a sync, so I downloaded and installed Google Sync. Not realizing, I synced, and had 10 duplicate calendar entries, and 48 of each contact. Not sure what happened, but I logged into the BIS site, unchecked the sync, and then hooked up to DM, and deleted contacts and calendar.

After that, I synced with Google Calendar and contacts via Google Sync.
    12-14-10 06:42 PM
    I am still having a similar problem. Specifically, I'm seeing double calendar events on my Torch that I recently set up.

I have three email addresses in BIS and only one of them I use for contacts and calendar. (syncing is turned off)

I've gone to the Service book in my BB and removed the CICAL for two of them so I no longer see those as calendars. Now I just have Default and my other account showing.

I don't have the same problem in contacts though; only default is showing.

What am I missing?

Any and all help is appreciated.
    Last edited by moondavinci; 12-19-10 at 03:00 PM.
    12-19-10 01:27 PM
    Still having issues. Wondering what would happen if I remove the CICAL from my main email account leaving the default in place, assuming that they're two different setups.

Anybody have any ideas on how to go about keeping just one calendar to avoid duplication?
    12-21-10 12:43 AM
    You need to go into the advanced part of Desktop Manager and delete the calendar entries and then resync. Deleting the CICAL is just part of the service books, and when you do a battery pull, I believe that those will be back.
    12-21-10 08:51 AM
    Thanks for replying, Heavy Fluid. Unfortunately, it looks like I may have to take another approach to this.

As you suggested I went to the DM but didn't see an "advanced" option to delete the duplicate entries. I clicked everywhere. I should point out that I have not backed up my data on this device with the DM, so perhaps you were suggesting that direction?

In any case, I only sync with my Google Calendar. The duplicate events are not on my online calendar however. They only exist on my phone: one "default" calendar and the other one for my email account.

Any other ideas you or others may have are welcome. I appreciate your assistance.
    12-21-10 09:32 PM
    Look at these screen shots, that is how you get to the advanced section.

How To: Backup And Restore Your BlackBerry | BlackBerryRocks.com
    12-21-10 10:08 PM
    Thanks again!

I'm using DM v6. Compared to pre-v6 (which those instructions refer to), it isn't quite the same. But no worries though because I finally found something that worked. It took some digging (a lot of people have complained about this thing happening to them), but I found a thread here that did the trick.

Unfortunately, I haven't made enough posts to allow me to include the link to it, so I'll just say that the name of the thread is "SOLVED CALENDAR ISSUE!!! maybe..." and it was post #33 that had the solution.

Whew, I'm glad I don't have to see double any more.
    12-22-10 12:48 AM
    Were you able to get into the Advanced section? I know that the link that I posted was old, but it was the only thing that showed where you could get into Advanced screen.
    12-22-10 02:25 PM
    I may have misinterpreted the directions on the website you provided, but from what I could tell, there is no Advanced section in this new version of the DM.
    12-24-10 01:36 AM
    OK, here are the directions. I just plugged my BB into the laptop.

Plug your phone in, and then go to Backup/Restore. Open that. There should be an advanced tab you can click on. It will then show your databases. Delete the calendar. Then sync with Google Sync.
    12-24-10 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD