Hello,
    I'm trying to upgrade my sister's Blackberry 8520 curve from 4.6 OS to 5.0.0.900, I downloaded and installed the new firmware, deleted vendor.xml and started app loader, i get this error "The Blackberry Desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to the computer"
    I tried another to upgrade another blackberry 8520 from .681 to .900 and things worked fine. But it's just not working with my sister's. Any ideas?
    12-13-10 08:22 AM
    No help???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 07:47 PM
    Are you using Desktop manager or App Loader? App loader is much better, and I recommend using that instead. Also, try a battery pull, most issues can be cleared with this. Then, if still no success, try a different OS. If all else fails, go to a local store of the carrier your sister uses. They should be able to update for free!
    12-14-10 01:10 PM
    Are you using Desktop manager or App Loader? App loader is much better, and I recommend using that instead. Also, try a battery pull, most issues can be cleared with this. Then, if still no success, try a different OS. If all else fails, go to a local store of the carrier your sister uses. They should be able to update for free!
    I'm using app loader and it's not working, I'll try now to download and install another version of the update and I'll see if it works...
    12-15-10 12:08 PM
    Do a search on the computer for "vendor.xml". Sometimes on some versions of Windows, it slips another one onto the machine in a different location than the apploader folder that we normally have to delete and that hampers the installation.
    12-17-10 03:37 AM
    That is sound. Vendor.xml can be a rather resilient file...

If that doesn't work thou, try this:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

PS: Say thanks with the !
    Last edited by diegonei; 12-19-10 at 04:54 PM.
    12-17-10 08:32 AM
    also try OS .681
    12-17-10 10:46 AM
    Thanks all!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-10 09:03 AM
    That' is sound. Vendor.xml can be a rather resilient file...

If that doesn't work thou, try this:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    this one worked for me like magic! thanks alot
    12-19-10 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD