Does anyone have any idea when Alltel will lower the price of the Curve? They've had it for a while now and I don't know how long it usually takes them to discount their phones. Any guesses would be appreciated
    07-29-08 05:28 PM
    Does anyone have any idea when Alltel will lower the price of the Curve? They've had it for a while now and I don't know how long it usually takes them to discount their phones. Any guesses would be appreciated
    Didn't it come out in May...?
    07-29-08 08:53 PM
    hwo nows when it will drop it seems like when and if they set a date it chages or doesnt happen
    07-29-08 09:04 PM
    As long as it stays as popular as it is, personally I don't see it coming down in price anytime soon.
    07-29-08 10:21 PM
    The only way it will drop b4 the merger is if AllTel gets the bold. I don't think AllTel is to concerned with much anymore since the annoucement of the merger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-08 01:03 AM
    Alltel's web site this morning shows a $20 INCREASE in the price of their Curve....up to $249.....how can they do this???????
    08-01-08 06:30 AM
    The carrier can set whatever pricing they wish. They usually keep the pricing in line with their competition but if they can sell at 249 no reason for them not to raise it.

08-01-08 07:03 AM
    True, whatever the market will bear.

VZW in MT has been advertising in the local paper $99 for a curve versus alltel's retail store price of $229.

Don't know how BB plan prices compare between vzw and alltel, but when folks shop for around to save one buck, makes me wonder how competitive alltel's curve price point is. Then again, big red's buying 'em out, so now maybe no diff to the bean counters in Little Rock...
    08-04-08 03:05 PM
    Name your price for the 8330 Curve w Alltel service.

Alltel $249

Best Buy $149

Wirefly $49
    08-23-08 09:34 PM
    I just got my Curve with Alltel service 3 days ago. Cost me $149 up front, with a $100.00 mail in rebate. Feels good to say goodbye to Sprint. I went and got my Alltel service online through third party company, and not directly through Alltel though.
    08-24-08 08:38 AM
    I just got my Curve with Alltel service 3 days ago. Cost me $149 up front, with a $100.00 mail in rebate. Feels good to say goodbye to Sprint. I went and got my Alltel service online through third party company, and not directly through Alltel though.
    If you don't mind me asking jaystekan, why did you leave sprint? Because i'm thinking about going to them.
    08-24-08 08:42 AM
    If you don't mind me asking jaystekan, why did you leave sprint? Because i'm thinking about going to them.
    A few reasons for leaving sprint. Sprint kept hitting me with "extra fees". If I added the data pack, then I got hit with extra fees because it didn't cover something I used like sms. Then I would add sms, but then i would get hit with a fee for something else. it was never-ending. I would have to call monthly when my bill came to ask about fees, then add some other service to the plan. Sprint seems to piece-meal their plans out, so it may look cheap up front, but by the time you are done adding extras to the plan for what you need, it ends up costing a fortune. Sprint also has some website issues when it comes to adjusting your plan online, the features online never seem to work right. The final straw came a few months ago. We are an active duty military family and deployment time came. We wanted to temporarily turn off the second phone on our plan due to deployment, but keep the number and have it turned on after deployment. All cell companies do this for military deployments. Called sprint, they said no-problem in turning off the second phone until after deployment. They did it, then I got hit with a contract violation fee. Our 2 years of our 2 line contract weren't up when the phone was disconnected so it was a breach of contract, therefore a fee. Called sprint, they apologized, refunded the fee(that took 6 weeks). Ok, got the refund, then called them to check on the line status. They said the number had been DELETED from our plan and that when we wanted to re-add the second phone to the plan, we would not be eligible due to the fact that we breached our 2 line contract. AAARRRGGG. To fix this problem, they needed a copy of our deployment orders sent to them. Sent the orders, they reinstated our 2 line plan, but said there was nothing thy could do about us keeping the second phone number because it had been re-assigned. Ok, that was frustrating, because now we would have to re-update all our friends and family with the new number when the deployment was over, but not a deal-killer. by now we were extremely frustrated. I then re-logged onto my account online to check if it was all fixed, and found that they had put a $400.00 fee limit on our account. We have never been close to $400, but to put a limit on our account was a matter of principle. Called them again, took 45 minutes of arguing to fix that. After speaking to other military people, I found out that quite a few sprint people had trouble, while the alltel, at&t and verizon wireless people had no trouble at all. So..... I am done with sprint.
    p.s. I just tried to log onto sprints website to check my account status (I technically still have sprint until next month when my contract is up), and of course, the mysprint account website is temporarily unavailable(AGAIN). Guess I maybe should have put this in the sprint section, but wow, feels good to rant.
    08-24-08 09:27 AM
    Watch for the Curve price to go down within the next 2 weeks. 199.99 2yr after rebate.
    Announcement was made this week, I apologize for not paying closer attention on the date. Will get more info when I return back to work next week.

09-04-08 01:09 AM
    Dude - it's tomorrow.
    09-04-08 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD