I just got my new curve in the mail and I am stoked. I was using an Android phone and was appalled with the poor battery life.

None the less, I am very satisfied with my new purchase and I am glad to be using a Blackberry again. But my question is what am I missing? Are there any new apps that are necessary to use?
    12-12-10 02:56 PM
    Nothing I would say is necessary to use on your Blackberry unless you require certain functionalities from your phone. Anyhow congrats and welcome back to the world of blackberry
    12-12-10 03:15 PM
    Welcome back. Enjoy that fine new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-10 04:39 PM
    What Android phone did you have?

I have a pretty good battery life on my Nexus One. I think if you don't browse the web, watch ton of videos, etc., the battery can last for a day on a full charge.
    12-12-10 06:28 PM
    Welcome back. I came back from several Androids and had the same disappoimtnet in battery life. The one smartphone that had a good batter outsude of BlackBerry is the iPhone 4. I could go 2 days. I have had the Droid Incredible, Droid X, and Fascinate. None have had good battery life. The X with the extended lasted all day...but barely. The Incredible lasted all day with the slim 1750 mah extended battery. My Fascinate, on the stock battery, last almost an entire day but I had to watch the usage.

What's nice about a BlackBerry is I don't have to moitor how much power my display is using. The X, Fascinate, and Incredible...the diplay destroys the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-10 08:52 PM
    I originally had a BlackBerry 9700,
    Thought the grass was greener on the other side with the Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant,
    Was wrong, ohhh man, horrible decision, battery life was uber bad, I mean, BAD,
    Now I am so happy to be back with BlackBerry, the 9300 is a good device,
    Works perfectly, with no problems,
    Gonna upgrade to the next best BlackBerry whenever that is next year

Good to be back.
    12-12-10 09:36 PM
    I had the Samsung Moment. My experience was less than stellar. I wasn't even using the web or apps that much and my battery was done by the time I got off of work.

What Android phone did you have?

I have a pretty good battery life on my Nexus One. I think if you don't browse the web, watch ton of videos, etc., the battery can last for a day on a full charge.
    12-23-10 01:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD