I recently got the new facebook app (with places check in) and ever since then I have noticed that uploading a picture completely kills my phone.
    I'm not 100% sure that it is the facebook app that is causing it, but I feel it probably is.

After trying to send a picture to facebook the phone bascially freezes, it becomes extremely slow sometimes seeming like it is completely frozen. The only thing that reacts is holding down the menu key to pull up active programs, however clicking on a different app or even the facebook app yields no result.

A few times it has become very slow but still usable, however facebook, email and text messaging wouldn't open. Upon clicking on a "favourite" contact on my homescreen (which is connected to facebook and loads their status on the contact page) the phone froze completely.

Yesterday after a photo upload I got a white screen with "app 30? error" and phone reset.

Also, when uploading to facebook camera and photos becomes very very slow.

This is fixed only by a battery pull.
    The problem usually occurs, but not always.

I am currently in the process of searching for an older version of facebook, but I am wondering if anyone else has this problem or a fix to it?
    l.i.n.t likes this.
    12-12-10 11:16 AM
    Also, i was using FB 1.9 which I deleted but am not able to find 1.8 for download.
    If anyone has a link I would greatly appreciate it.
    12-12-10 11:58 AM
    I recently got the new facebook app (with places check in) and ever since then I have noticed that uploading a picture completely kills my phone.
    I'm not 100% sure that it is the facebook app that is causing it, but I feel it probably is.

After trying to send a picture to facebook the phone bascially freezes, it becomes extremely slow sometimes seeming like it is completely frozen. The only thing that reacts is holding down the menu key to pull up active programs, however clicking on a different app or even the facebook app yields no result.

A few times it has become very slow but still usable, however facebook, email and text messaging wouldn't open. Upon clicking on a "favourite" contact on my homescreen (which is connected to facebook and loads their status on the contact page) the phone froze completely.

Yesterday after a photo upload I got a white screen with "app 30? error" and phone reset.

Also, when uploading to facebook camera and photos becomes very very slow.

This is fixed only by a battery pull.
    The problem usually occurs, but not always.

I am currently in the process of searching for an older version of facebook, but I am wondering if anyone else has this problem or a fix to it?
    I do have the same problems as you. FB drives me crazy when I upload the picture. It totally freeze, and I have to do the battery pull every time.!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-10 01:13 PM
    I've been through 3 Torches, all with the same problem. I've found that it mainly happens more when I tag someone in a photo.

Also, I've experienced with all 3 Torches that the contacts do not sync with facebook, maybe 25 tops synced and the rest have not. Anyone have this happen?
    12-12-10 02:19 PM
    I've been through 3 Torches, all with the same problem. I've found that it mainly happens more when I tag someone in a photo.

Also, I've experienced with all 3 Torches that the contacts do not sync with facebook, maybe 25 tops synced and the rest have not. Anyone have this happen?

OMG! Thats exactly what it is, THANK YOU.
    Like i said it USUALLY happens but not always, now that I think of it ... whenever I put pics up without tagging someone I didn't have the problem!

Are you also using 1.9?
    12-12-10 02:50 PM
    Hmmm no such problem here. Using version 1.9.0.20 of the FB app.

12-12-10 03:38 PM
    FBfBB 1.9 is crap. I would love 1.8 back. Check-ins is pointless. I'll never use it. I already ignore FourSquare.

12-12-10 06:47 PM
    1.9 is great. I would suggest clearing the cache or maybe removing the app and re-installing it and not through appworld either.

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...?code=facebook

Nice and fast here on all counts even when tagging photos, uploading photos or checking in along with tagging.

12-12-10 08:05 PM
    I have the same problem.

12-12-10 09:12 PM
    As I said it is not the app per say as MANY others would be reporting this issue. remove the app and re-install it using the link above not from App World.
    12-12-10 09:14 PM
    I have had the app installed from various websites, the problem existed every time.
    Everything has been deleted including cache and deleting servicebooks that remain.

I do have nearly 1000 facebook friends, could this be the reason it is crashing? Tagging would access your friends list, is it possible that the crash is caused my loading large numbers of contacts?
    12-12-10 10:43 PM
    I have ~500 so I don't think so. Do they load fast when you list your friends?
    12-12-10 10:52 PM
    yea i have no issues with FB 1.9. as stated, make sure the people you are tagging are linked. i would say to delete the app and reinstall it if all else fails.
    12-13-10 01:16 AM
    App has been deleted and reinstalled close to 10 times in the last few weeks.

I retract my previous statement about tagging. Uploaded a pic this morning with NO tag, white screen error crash and reboot.
    Pic did upload as it always does but the phone crashed as usual
    12-13-10 11:43 AM
    Same problem here, except using a 9300. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling a number of times from both the blackberry site as well as App World. Sometimes I can get one photo upload off after a reinstall, but the next upload freezes/crashes the phone and requires a battery pull or multiple Alt-RtShift-Del reboots. An "uncaught exception" appears in bb_messenger after the first Alt-RtShift-Del reboot attempt. It's pretty sad that no update/fix has been made available when I've seen a number of reports of this same problem.
    12-18-10 02:13 PM
    Yep. I got the same issue, and i'm not on a Torch. I'm on the 9650 Verizon Bold. I already reinstalled the app not from AppWorld (instead from blackberry.com/facebook). Doesnt seem to matter.

Funny thing is everything worked perfectly until last week. Then it all of a sudden started crashing. Not sure I installed anything new either. Very odd.
    12-24-10 12:11 PM
    When I get the perpetual upload screen freeze, I found that if I press and hold the menu button, and then get to the Home screen, I can reload FB, and it seems to behave.

Give it a try.

I just with they'd truly fix it so it didn't occur.
    01-28-11 03:06 PM
    Yep. I have the same problem. It has only happened since the last facebook update. Other apps have no trouble uploading photos. I will note that the photo does successfully load to my album despite the crash, but it seems like the phone is unable to overcome all the errors it encounters while working with the app, so I usually have to just turn it off. When I turn the phone back on again, it tells me that my camera is not responding and shuts it down. Hope they update again soon and fix this, because it's just annoying.
    02-18-11 12:30 PM
    Odd... I've queued up 20 images uploading back to back and never had this problem...
    02-18-11 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD