Ok so I just bought a used Bold 9700 to use as a backup to my Torch and they are both ATT. Ive read posts that have pieces of the info that I need to swap between devices but im a little cautious to actually do it yet without a step by step. Basically if anyone can tell me how to initially set up this new Bold 9700 to use on my network while still maintaining all of my contacts and email information and also be able to switch between devices. Is that even possible to switch devices like that in Desktop Manager on a regular basis? Thank you very much to replies.
    P.S. I also use Outlook for my calendar and contact synchronization so will that cause any issues?
    12-11-10 05:37 PM
    Launch desktop manager and select the switch device option. Connect the Torch and it will prompt you to click on the selected device. Once it's finished with the Torch it will prompt you to disconnect the Torch and connect the second device. Once you connect the Bold, click on the icon and it will transfer all the data from the Torch to the Bold. Now both devices have the same information. I do not think there will be a problem with Outlook because you're going to need a sim card in the device for it to work. If I provided inaccurate or incomplete information someone please correct me. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 05:46 PM
    Awesome...at what point do I switch the sim cards?
    12-11-10 05:47 PM
    Swap the SIM card after completing the steps outlined above. Are you on BES or BIS? I think once you put the sim in the Bold everything should work.

12-11-10 05:55 PM
    Ok, Im doing the swap right now, I think im BES. I dont have it set up with an enterprise server or anything like that, just my personal email. And thanks for responding so fast!!
    12-11-10 06:00 PM
    BES is BlackBerry Enterprise Server and is typically used on company issued devices where there is an IT person that acts as the BES administrator and activates the device on the BES by providing the end user with an activation password and upon activation on a BES the admin may institute particular IT policies that block specific features on the device. BIS is BlackBerry Internet Service and is the type of service that is used on personally owned devices.

Last edited by DawgMan; 12-11-10 at 06:14 PM.
    12-11-10 06:08 PM
    Oh, then i guess im BIS...man it worked wonders, just got the device powered up and everything seems tip top, i just need to go through and arrange the icons how i like them. I appreciate it and thanks again.
    12-11-10 06:10 PM
    Anytime, glad I could help.

12-11-10 06:15 PM
    The only thing I notice not working correctly is BerryBuzz, im wondering if theres a compatibility issue with the OS 6 and the OS 5
    12-11-10 06:24 PM
    I believe it is OS 6 compatible. You may need to reset the permissions to ALLOW in order for it to work. But if you switch from OS 6 touchscreen to OS 6 non touchscreen there may be some issues.

Last edited by DawgMan; 12-11-10 at 06:39 PM.
    12-11-10 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD