Had various BB device on Verizon, 8130, 8830, 8330, 9630 and then we switched to AT&T. I of course, opted for the iPhone4. Sold it within a month. Tried Windows Mobile. Not bad, but not what I wanted. Then the 9800 Torch fell into my hands, and I liked it. Not what I was hoping for though with OS6.

Yesterday, the clouds parted, and the sun blasted me in the face as I picked up a mint condition 9700 from Craigslist. I got super lucky, and got a great deal on it. The hour drive was worth it once I took one look at the phone. Not a scratch on it, and it honestly looks brand new. I smiled ear to ear the entire drive home with my new toy.

Got home, and put the SIM card in, loaded my backup, and all was good. This is what I was missing. Reminiscent of my Tour, but sooooo much better. Perfect build quality, great feel in hand, and size of this thing just amazes me.

I don't know why I thought that leaving BB would be a good idea. I should have just picked this up when we switched to AT&T, and I would have saved some money and some heartache.

I am back, and I am still smiling.
    12-11-10 09:14 AM
    Hey!! Heavy!! Glad to see you around these parts old friend.

The 9700 is a great device to make your comeback with. Enjoy
    12-11-10 09:20 AM
    welcome back
    12-11-10 09:26 AM
    Good to see you back HF!!
    12-11-10 09:32 AM
    Welcome back to the fold, Heavy! Sounds like you made a decent deal and stopped trying to shove a square peg into a nicely rounded hole.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 09:51 AM
    Lol I always knew you would return
    12-11-10 11:40 AM
    Welcome back!

12-11-10 12:18 PM
    Thanks for the welcome everyone. I am really liking this phone so far. It is everything I wanted and needed. Now, for a theme.
    12-11-10 03:20 PM
    Hey, Heavy! I have missed you. I wondered where you went to. Thanks and welcome home. I have ran you a hot steamy bath. Your slippers are beside the tub along with a fluffy soft robe. The candles are glowing brightly. I have a sixpack of slightly chilled Boston lager awaiting your request. Jose Cuervo is also there for you. Welcome home "BIG DADDY". You are the man. Once you go black, you don't go back. I meant "BlackBerry".

12-11-10 03:40 PM
    Welcome back, love the signature
    12-11-10 04:07 PM
    Sorry I no this may sound wrong bit I mean it genuine not rudely or out but can I just ask y your happy too be. Back only I'm thinkin of makin the switch bold 9700 to iphone 4 and askin someone with experience of both devices can give the best honest reasons if u don't mind many thanks and really appreciated

12-11-10 06:38 PM
    I am happy because BlackBerry has all the things that I have grown accustomed to using, like Profiles, AutoText, the keypad, all of the cool features that can only be found on a BlackBerry.

The iPhone is great, but it isn't for everyone.
    12-11-10 06:48 PM
    Welcome back bro...don't remember ya, but a 9700 fan is alright in my book!

Loving my 9700 on os6!

12-11-10 07:44 PM
    Welcome back bro...don't remember ya, but a 9700 fan is alright in my book!

Loving my 9700 on os6!

Same here. Welcome back.

12-11-10 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD