so my blackberrys brand new, no water damage, never dropped it
    and i'm in the library right now and i'm not going home any time soon so i cant see for myself if it needs to be charged
    i looked up everywhere and nowhere just tells me what happens when a blackberry runs out of power
    i'm just trying to find out, if theres a solid red LED and wont power up does it just need to be charged? or is there a serious problem with my phone?

i remember last night plugging my phone into my charger, but then i remember the charging icon going away, so i think my charger came out of the socket and i didn't end up charging it after all.

i just don't want something to be wrong! help?
    12-10-10 04:30 PM
    its bricked and its a serious issue. if you're under warranty and neither of the below work, exchange it asap.

here's one link. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

and instructions on how to reload here:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry
    12-10-10 05:03 PM
    Is it getting warm also? Happened to me with my first 9700. Took it home from the store and it was working, got it home, started setting it up and bam! Battery suddenly drained, did a battery pull, and it just sat there, screen wouldn't turn on, the LED was solid red, and everything was way too hot. Returned it the next morning and this one's been great since.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-10 05:28 PM
    Or, before doing anything really time consuming, like returning it or reinstalling its os, you could try charging next time you get home, and try to avoid the above 2 comments.

12-10-10 05:30 PM
    so my blackberrys brand new, no water damage, never dropped it
    and i'm in the library right now and i'm not going home any time soon so i cant see for myself if it needs to be charged
    i looked up everywhere and nowhere just tells me what happens when a blackberry runs out of power
    i'm just trying to find out, if theres a solid red LED and wont power up does it just need to be charged? or is there a serious problem with my phone?

i remember last night plugging my phone into my charger, but then i remember the charging icon going away, so i think my charger came out of the socket and i didn't end up charging it after all.

i just don't want something to be wrong! help?
    Just put it back on charge and leave it till the lightening bolt has gone and all battery bars are full.

This happened to my wife's 9700 the other night. She was on FB and suddenly declared that "my phones just died". The LED was solid red with what looked like a totally blank phone.

Put it on charge and after a few minutes it booted back up. No further problems.

I would disregard the first two posts if I were you.

Post back with your results.
    12-10-10 07:52 PM
    its bricked and its a serious issue. if you're under warranty and neither of the below work, exchange it asap.

here's one link. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

and instructions on how to reload here:

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    Jeez talk about jumping to conclusions. It could be, yes, but chances are the battery is dead and just needs to be charged up. OP, did you see your battery getting low before this happened? When you get a chance to get home just plug it in and leave it for awhile, if you can see the screen until the battery is fully charged and if not a minimum of a few hours. Battery pull if necessary, see what comes up. If nothing then it may be bricked, let us know

And I just finished finals, know what it's like being in the library with no escape . If you're studying for finals good luck lol
    12-10-10 09:11 PM
    It really depends. try to charge it first and see it that works. if it still doesn't change it, then send the phone back since it is still on warranty.
    12-10-10 11:35 PM
    I would plug it in to charge and wait, if it doesn't charge at all, reloading the OS won't do much at all, it might, not saying it won't since it's a possibility, but if that doesn't so shat, then tell the carrier the battery will not charge at all if it doesn't after plugging it in for a few hours.

Download BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife and install it
    Download the device software from your carrier, install it.
    Run BBSAK, choose Load OS. Choose an OS from the drop down menu, click Load OS.
    Follow all instructions and just uncheck the option to keep e-mails and proceed from there.
    Your apps and data will be backed up, device will be wiped/reloaded, apps and data will be restored.

12-11-10 06:04 AM
    It really depends. try to charge it first and see it that works. if it still doesn't change it, then send the phone back since it is still on warranty.
    I agree with reginald. If charging doesn't solve the problem, I would be heading back to the seller. A new phone should not need the OS reinstalled by the customer. I'm a firm believer in getting what I pay for.

12-11-10 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD