I am wondering, hope you guys can help me find out:

I have running OS 5.0.0.1036 on my Bold 9000!

Start up memory (after I installed my apps)is around 25MB, after lets say 4 or 5 hours (without using the apps/Bold heavily) it drops to 14MB and then it drains to 10MB during a day..

The apps I have installed:

Google Maps (use it maybe 1 time a day)
    Google Sync
    TuneIn Radio (use it 3 times a week)
    WhatsApp (use it 5 times a day or so, depends)
    Facebook (open it 4 or 5 times a day)
    Twitter (open it 6 times a day, no posting or so)
    BerryBuzz
    BerryWeather
    Quicklaunch
    BBM (using it a lot during the day)

And the BBT Design Black Theme (The creator says the theme won't use any memory, so it must be one of the apps I have installed he told me)

Can anyone tell me which app, by his own experience, is leaking memory?

Thanks in advance
    12-10-10 04:51 AM
    If only the memory drain would stay around the 10mb mark!!
    I'm running the same version. I have Berryweather, BBM, SmrtAlerts, SmrtGuard and SmrtTweak all running and after rebooting I have about 15mb free After 15 minutes I have 8mb free.

Even if I remove a couple of those, the memory drain issues remain.

Not sure what the answer is. I just get used to rebooting daily to recoup some memory.

In the 10 minutes that I spent typing this reply on the PC, I have lost another 1mb......
    12-10-10 05:51 AM
    OS 5 is huge. I would suggest running Shrink-A-OS to free up memory by removing parts of the OS that you do not need.

I always shrank my OS when I had my 9000.
    12-11-10 09:00 PM
    I'm not sure which one may be the 'leaker' but I finally found out after a lot of trial and error. By that I mean I would add apps and then one by one delete and watch memory. I found that BB apps seemed to be a 'leaker' so deleted and after each use delete until the next time I want to use it.
    HOWEVER..please note: I did am running same OS 1036 and I installed Memory Up Pro (the only app I have bought and use) and it is unreal how well it works. One important step in using it is to go to basic settings and set to auto boost 10 minutes and then 'HIDE' the app so it keeps running. Do not close it out. It keeps me at 22-30 most of the entire day. You may want to try it. Myself....I am pretty sure I will finally retire the great 9000 when and if ATT gets the Dakota.
    01-16-11 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD