Okay so sprint wimax n now worst of all vzw LTE is out how the heck can att still say they are the fastest? Pls someone explain.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by drew_berry; 12-10-10 at 01:45 AM.
    12-10-10 01:30 AM
    Okay so sprint wimax n now worst of all vzw LTE is out how the heck can att still say they are the fastest? Pls someone explain.

You really just have to look at the statistic in regards with the speed. Basically any major carrier can make a claim that they have the fastest, most reliable, etc...etc...etc It's just a selling point in their part IMO.
    12-10-10 02:05 AM
    Maybe because actual throughput still matters.

So far, few claiming "4G speeds" is really running at the established definition of real 4G. Why the FCC or FTC haven't come down on these guys for false advertising, I don't know. But they are making the most of it, marketing-wise, right now.

12-10-10 12:29 PM

Does anybody have to have backup to claim they are the #1 provider of anything? Not really.

Do both VZ and Sprint commit the same kind of misleading information? Guaranteed.
    12-10-10 02:08 PM
    I think its all in the wording.

(This is all mostly from memory so dont kill me if I am wrong) I think ATT claims they are the fastest 3G provider - which may be true. However Sprint, VZW and T-Mo all have faster "4G" networks. Its all in the fine print...
    12-10-10 08:20 PM
    I think its all in the wording.

(This is all mostly from memory so dont kill me if I am wrong) I think ATT claims they are the fastest 3G provider - which may be true. However Sprint, VZW and T-Mo all have faster "4G" networks. Its all in the fine print...
    But Sprint, VZW, and T-Mo do not have true 4G. I have not seen any speed tests to show that any of these claimed 4G networks are faster than 3G.
    12-11-10 12:59 AM
    Can you browse the web while downloading a file and talking on the phone using any other carrier?

Anyway, true, no US carrier has 4G service, and none WILL for several years. It's just that everyone BUT AT&T is calling LTE 4G. Hmph. Also, everyone else's "4G" coverage is less than T-Mobile's 3G coverage. Verizon's only LTE devices are modems, and Sprint's EVO has a mandatory higher data rate, regardless of whether you live in a "4G" coverage area or not.
    pjmacklin likes this.
    12-11-10 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD