I need your help here. I've installed the BlackBerry App World application on my phone(doesn't work in my country though - a real shame). After installing, my BlackBerry restarted itself, and now my computer won't recognize my memory card, so I can't even download things to my PC and then transfer to my phone. I've tried to turn it off and then back on, to restart my PC, but nothing helped. I have mass storage mode enabled, but still no good.

Any solution? Maybe a driver?

TIA
    12-09-10 11:12 PM
    Do you have anything on your memory card? If not, you might want to format it and then see if it recognizes it. Does the memory card show up on your BB?
    12-09-10 11:20 PM
    If the blackberry doesn't recognize the memory card (does it say anything when inserted?), you'll need to use a separate memory card reader. If the other card reader recognizes the card, it's the blackberry's memory card reader that's damaged. Try a battery pull to see if it'll work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 11:28 PM
    You may want to check the contact points on the card and see if there is any corrosion. You could use some contact cleaner and clean the pins. Also, did the charging port get anything in it?

12-09-10 11:59 PM
    My BlackBerry recognizes the memory card and everything on it. My computer doesn't, and therefore I can't transfer anything from it to my memory card.

Again - Maybe a driver?
    12-10-10 12:48 AM
    My BlackBerry recognizes the memory card and everything on it. My computer doesn't, and therefore I can't transfer anything from it to my memory card.

Again - Maybe a driver?
    Have you checked to see if the usb cable itself has gone bad? Does the battery icon change to a lightning bolt?

12-10-10 12:51 AM
    Have you checked to see if the usb cable itself has gone bad? Does the battery icon change to a lightning bolt?

Yes it does change to a lightning bolt.

My computer shows that I have a new drive or something - letter I, when it's supposed to be I/Blackberry(the memory card). I also don't see that little icon on the system tray.
    12-10-10 01:10 AM
    Yes it does change to a lightning bolt.

My computer shows that I have a new drive or something - letter I, when it's supposed to be I/Blackberry(the memory card). I also don't see that little icon on the system tray.
    OK now I'm really confused. Your post title said your 9700 wouldn't recognize the memory card but then is a later post you said it does but the PC doesn't but then what you said here, the PC is recognizing it. I/we would really like to help but I'm not sure with what.

12-10-10 01:34 AM
    OK, I explain myself again.

What I meant was that after installing the App World application, my 9700 restarted itself and now my computer doesn't recognize my memory card when I connect it to my phone with a USB cable, and I can't transfer anything from my computer to my phone.

There is no problem with the 9700 itself or with the memory card. My phone recognizes it and I can browse all the files I have there and use them.

It's something with my computer, I think, because before installing the App World application everything worked just fine. That's why I believe it may be a driver problem of some sort.
    12-10-10 01:49 AM
    A long story short - Before installing the App World application, my PC recognized my memory card. Now, it doesn't.

Anyone?
    12-10-10 02:41 AM
    A long story short - Before installing the App World application, my PC recognized my memory card. Now, it doesn't.

Anyone?
    Quite obvious, remove appworld? (Donno why I didn't recommend that earlier)

12-10-10 02:43 AM
    Quite obvious, remove appworld? (Donno why I didn't recommend that earlier)

I just did, and it doesn't help either.
    12-10-10 02:51 AM
    I just did, and it doesn't help either.
    Can you store photos and videos on it with the native apps?

12-10-10 03:07 AM
    Can you store photos and videos on it with the native apps?

I don't know what native apps are but I just took a picture and it was saved to my memory card without any problem, if that's what you mean.
    12-10-10 03:18 AM
    I don't know what native apps are but I just took a picture and it was saved to my memory card without any problem, if that's what you mean.
    Yeah, that's what I meant. One more thing, does the video app work? Have you removed and reinserted the memory card to see if any errors are described on screen?

If there's no errors and the video app runs and a test capture works, the issue is ruled out and I would advise uninstalling the desktop software, rebooting, downloading and running www.ccleaner.com to clear out any registry references from the desktop software and then reboot the computer, run ccleaner one more time, then reinstall the desktop software.

Connect your blackberry and see if it shows up. I had to do that once because my brother's iphone wouldn't be recognized. It worked.

12-10-10 03:56 AM
    I didn't transfer files to mu phone with the Desktop Software. I just copy/pasted them from my PC to my phone, and everything worked just fine. Sorry I didn't mentioned that earlier.
    Do you think I should uninstall the Desktop Software anyway?
    12-10-10 05:23 AM
    I didn't transfer files to mu phone with the Desktop Software. I just copy/pasted them from my PC to my phone, and everything worked just fine. Sorry I didn't mentioned that earlier.
    Do you think I should uninstall the Desktop Software anyway?
    Yes, that might help solve the problem. Remember to reboot if prompted, then use ccleaner, run that registry cleaning option, then install the desktop software again. That should reinstall the drivers.

rfe777 likes this.
    12-10-10 06:06 AM
    Yes, that might help solve the problem. Remember to reboot if prompted, then use ccleaner, run that registry cleaning option, then install the desktop software again. That should reinstall the drivers.

I just re-installed the Desktop Software and it did solve the problem. Thanks a lot for your help Rootbrian
    12-10-10 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD