So I have had my 9700 for a year now and I do use it as my work phone on a daily basis...I have OS6 running since its leaked release.

Now onto my observation...I woke up this morning to find all sorts of weird apps that were never on my phone before, like ATT factory apps that were never there just all of a sudden seemed to appear like Mobile Banking...Linkeldn...ATT To Go...

I'm just wondering did this happen to anyone, or does anyone know what is going on here???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 11:49 AM
    I have some new stuff being pushed to my device as well. This could be a sign that maybe ATT is about to officially release OS6??
    12-09-10 11:57 AM
    nothing new yet but then again I haven't rebooted in a while either
    12-09-10 12:01 PM
    nothing new yet but then again I haven't rebooted in a while either
    I didn't reboot either, it just seems like the apps were pushed to my phone overnight :S

12-09-10 12:09 PM
    I'm in the same boat. They were also pushed to me overnight. I havrnt reboot the phone yet either. Att code scanner was pushed too.

12-09-10 01:30 PM
    Not sure if it's the same thing, but I get these situations occasionally with OS5 v.979. Once in awhile while the phone charges overnight, apps that were closed AND exited and NOT in the open apps list are suddenly running. This AM, while listening to Slacker the phone cuts out on the train and a LOUD "RED LIGHT CAMERA" comes screeching out of the speaker. oops, Trapster was triggered on- along with UberTwitter. I put it down to some weird thing with the service books that get updated overnight. I usually check all that every morning, but not today.
    12-09-10 02:02 PM
    Not the same thing. All of those apps are included in the service books. Some of those apps (like the scanner and linkedin) are not in the current service books. Its entirely possible that ATT is just updating their service books, hence new stuff getting pushed to your phone.

12-09-10 02:11 PM
    My guess is AT&T has added OS6 support for the 9700. So maybe a carrier certified os6 release coming?

12-09-10 02:32 PM
    My guess is AT&T has added OS6 support for the 9700. So maybe a carrier certified os6 release coming?

Lets hope so. haha.
    12-09-10 03:15 PM
    Noted the same thing earlier this afternoon.
    12-09-10 03:32 PM
    I have a 9700 running OS6 as well and got the same thing today. This is what was pushed to mine: AllSport GPS, City ID Free Trial, LinkedIn, Get Mobile Banking, MobiTVvLingo VPL, Web Video Search, WHERE, YPmobile, AT&T App Center, AT&T Maps + Nav, AT&T Music, Bejeweled, The Sims 3, Bloomberg Mobile and AT&T Code Scanner. I'm surprised we haven't heard from more people about it too.
    12-09-10 04:23 PM
    I have a Weather Channel app and I noticed that one of the pushed apps was also a Weather Channel one too in addition to the one I already have. Any of them you click on it takes you to a BlackBerry Virtual Preload Agreement from RIM. Weird
    12-09-10 04:33 PM
    Same thing just happened to me. I didn't notice it this morning until now. Maybe AT&T really is getting closer to releasing OS6. Well, at least I got Telenav again.

Last edited by theitfactor; 12-09-10 at 04:57 PM.
    12-09-10 04:51 PM
    Just did a battery pull and they all showed up>
    12-09-10 05:29 PM
    What it means is AT&T is getting ready to "go live" with an official release for the 9700!!
    12-09-10 05:42 PM
    So I have had my 9700 for a year now and I do use it as my work phone on a daily basis...
    Is your BB on a BES? THe administrator can block the carrier apps from showing up on the phone. I LOVE that feature. When I get a new phone, its full of bloatware but once I activate it on the BES, all that junk disappears...
    12-09-10 05:47 PM
    I would put those junk icons in a junk folder on the home screen, then hide the folder and be done with it.

12-09-10 06:16 PM
    FYI those icons are servicebooks. If u wanna delete them go into the servicebooks and delete entries wirh VPL extension. If u reboot they return but yea.

12-10-10 04:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD