Hello all,

Looking to see if anyone can or has figured out a way to "zoom out" a little when using the calendar on "day mode".
    I loved the calendar view on my Curve 8330 - I could see most of the day in one shot, and could customize when the day started and ended.

Although i've customized the start/end times for the calendar on the 9780, it still shows the entire day - midnight to midnight - but just "grey's" them out. The other thing is that I can only see a couple hours at a time, not 5-6 hours at a time. This daily view but "zoomed out" about 30% would be perfect. I like using the daily view the best, as I can see how my day shapes up for appointments in one quick view without having to scroll up and down. I know this is a small thing - but it's driving me crazy compared to my curve calendar.

Thanks...
    12-09-10 10:38 AM
    Not seeing anything. Have you tried the agenda view?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 12:18 PM
    I also can't find a way to get a weekly snapshot fit to the screen. OS5 had no problem -- the entire work week could be seen at a glance. OS6 seems to love to waste screen space needlessly.

Another example of wasted screen space is the email view. I could get 12 email headers on-screen with OS5, and only eight with OS6 despite using a *smaller* font!

Same goes for the home screen. Half of it is taken up by the poor, spread out, layout of the clock, battery, volume, etc.

I can't find a theme that maximizes the "data density" on the screen so I'm going to see if I can figure out the Blackberry Theme Studio (V6 beta 2) and create my own theme. Thanks, RIM, for the POS OS upgrade!

Mike
    03-17-11 09:47 PM
    I also find this changes in OS.7.1 calendar and all the wasted screen space incredibly annoying. It was a perfectly usable and visible week view an a much smaller screen. I really don't need fonts and icons to be 2x bigger than before. Did anyone contact RIM to try to get to an solution/software upgrade? Scaling the week view or just keeping it as it was on OS.5 should be one normal option in the calendar (BB Bold 9900, OS.7.1.0.714)?!
    11-30-13 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD