Is there any hope for my phone? I was only gone a few seconds. Usually I put my phone on the counter but this time I forgot and by the time I got back in from taking the dogs out it was in her mouth. Initially it wouldn't do anything-it was a plain white screen. While waiting at Verizon it actually came back on, then they pulled the battery to check the water indicators (which shockingly are fine) and back to white screen. The screen comes and goes, it will ring sometimes and my alerts for Facebook, email, etc. go off. I just have a blank white or black screen. When it comes up, the trackpad will move left, right, up and down you just can't click anything. It's like they keyboard is dead.

I have plugged it into the PC to try to back it up and the desktop software isn't recognizing it. I am almost desperate to get the pics and video of the baby that weren't backed up to the card off there. My replacement won't be here until Monday. Hubby works for the government and gets government discount and they won't FedEx to government employees-has to be Priority Mail from USPS.

I don't know if anyone can help or not I'm just bummed. I think I will put it to bed with some Uncle Ben's rice and see if that helps at all. All I need is long enough to get the pics off!
    12-09-10 02:20 AM
    This reminds me of the time my woman lost her phone. The next day she found it at work. Drowning in pickle juice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 03:19 AM
    was it still turned on when u got it from your baby?
    12-09-10 09:16 AM
    Yes it was on, just on a white screen. I did fool with it a little bit because I had it locked and thought maybe if I unlocked it would help. After that didn't work I pulled the battery and my memory card and didn't try it again until we got to Verizon. They tried it several times.
    12-09-10 11:01 AM
    Okay I did finally just get it to back up-my contacts, texts, etc. but no pics/video. I'm sure I'm not necessarily helping it by not leaving it alone but I need my stuff off there.
    12-09-10 11:08 AM
    So, your pics were on your phone memory? Did you tell the phone to do this, as it will default to putting them on the memory card. If so, you're clear.

12-09-10 03:54 PM
    also lookout is a security program that will back up your contacts and pics at times you preset to an online server and its all free just for future reference i have mine update my back up every 3 days . so worse case i lose 3 days worth not everything . on another cool thing lookout has a find my phone feature .
    12-09-10 07:07 PM
    So, your pics were on your phone memory? Did you tell the phone to do this, as it will default to putting them on the memory card. If so, you're clear.

Most were on my card, I just had some that had saved to phone memory and the videos were also on there. I have the replacement now and am restoring, so I'm hoping it's all there when it finishes.

also lookout is a security program that will back up your contacts and pics at times you preset to an online server and its all free just for future reference i have mine update my back up every 3 days . so worse case i lose 3 days worth not everything . on another cool thing lookout has a find my phone feature .
    Good idea. I will check into that. Hubby and I have both learned a very valuable lesson. Well, two. No phones for baby and back up, back up, back up!

Thanks for the help. I thought I was going to go into shock without the bb over the weekend.
    12-13-10 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD