Is there a way to transfer all my contacts at once from my phone to my sim card? I tend to move my sim around between phones often and like to always have an updated list. I know u can do it individually but that would take forever, and seeing how BB's are all about productivity there must be a way to do this that I'm just not seeing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-10 02:05 PM
    No, one at a time is the only way. You should also know that the SIM only holds a limited subset of the data in each contact. It would be more efficient to make a backup of your contacts database and restore that backup on the phone you want to switch to. That way you keep all your data, and you have a backup as well.
    12-08-10 03:28 PM
    What if I'm switching to a non rim handsrt though. My other phone won't be able to read that contact backup will it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-10 02:03 AM
    Correct, a non-BlackBerry device won't be able to restore the backup, at least not directly. You still have at least two options that preserve your data. If you can sync your BlackBerry to Outlook, and your replacement device also has the ability to sync to Outlook, you can move all your contact info to the new phone that way, and have the benefit of having it backed up in Outlook. Another option is to read the backup using ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor, extract the info you want, and import that into your replacement device using the tools on your replacement device. If you are going to swap back and forth frequently, this option is probably too much trouble.
    12-10-10 06:22 AM
    You can also sync your Blackberry to OutLook. Many devices, including iPhone will have an application that will sync with OutLook and then you can keep all your info. SIM cards are very limited as to what information is stored.

Even though I back up my Blackberry with the DeskTop Manager, I prefer to also keep my contacts synced with OutLook.
    12-10-10 06:31 AM
    You can also install Upvise on your BlackBerry and another smartphone. You can export your contacts to Upvise on the BlackBerry and import them to any other device that can handle Upvise.
    12-10-10 07:10 AM
    thanks for the suggestions!
    12-12-10 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD