I have a 2008 Acura MDX and now a new BB Bold 9650....it won't pair. I've been on the phone with BB, Verizon and Acura....Nobody seems to know the answer My Curve worked flawlessly...too bad it died on me. Can anyone help?
    12-08-10 10:56 AM
    have you created a name for your MDX within its menus? I had an issue with my Toyota (yeah I know its a different company), and my BB wouldn't pair with it because the device (in this case your vehicle) had no name. Once I named my Toyota's BT "Highlander" it worked like it was supposed to. Not sure if this will help you or not, but it's worth a shot. let me know if it works!
    12-08-10 02:18 PM
    Thanks, gthoffman....I'm not sure how to do that exactly, but I'll see what I can figure out. I'll let you know if it works.
    12-08-10 06:35 PM
    We just purchased a 2011 MDX. My BlackBerry Bold 9650 paired fine (using the menu, NOT the voice pairing), but the entire system froze when I tried to transfer the phone book. I had to shut the car off, lock the car, walk away, and try an hour later.

When I tried to delete/re-add the device (before doing the above), nothing would work. The Bluetooth chipset (in the car) appeared to be frozen.

Do you have another phone paired? This causes issues on newer Acuras.

I generally have standard settings on my BB, and have been able to pair all of my BlackBerry devices with my Acuras (2004 TL, 2005 RL, 2008 RDX, and 2011 MDX).
    12-08-10 09:29 PM
    Hi lindros2....yes, I do have my original phone paired....I will try to delete that one to see if it helps. Also....can you elaborate what you mean by pairing "using the menu, NOT the voice pairing"...where do I go for that? Your help is much appreciated Thanks!
    12-09-10 12:09 PM
    I know it may be a pain but the easiest thing to do is just to take it to the acura dealer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    BR527 likes this.
    12-09-10 12:28 PM
    wow, you can pair BB's with cars now? what does "pairing" do?
    12-09-10 06:35 PM
    Pairing utilizes the cars audio system and a microphone to talk hands-free on your BB via bluetooth.
    12-09-10 10:21 PM
    Stupid question: the bluetooth settings in the Bold 9650, Discoverable has three options, NO, 2 Minutes and YES. I just had a new stereo (Alpine) installed in my car that has bluetooth capabilities and it paired up okay, but the next day I had to pair it up again when I got in the car. I changed this Discoverable to YES and my battery is draining much faster. I would presume that Discoverable means it will either allow or not allow the bluetooth to automatically be detected? Is there any other way to have the bluetooth enabled and not have to pair it up each day? When I go out for lunch and leave work the stereo has no problem finding the bluetooth (even when Discoverable was set up as NO), but when I use the car first thing in the morning, I have to pair it up again. I do not change any settings, but I do have a soft reset programmed every night at midnight on my phone. Could this be why I gave to pair it up each morning and not at lunch or when I leave work?
    01-04-11 01:55 PM
    Stupid question: the bluetooth settings in the Bold 9650, Discoverable has three options, NO, 2 Minutes and YES. I just had a new stereo (Alpine) installed in my car that has bluetooth capabilities and it paired up okay, but the next day I had to pair it up again when I got in the car. I changed this Discoverable to YES and my battery is draining much faster. I would presume that Discoverable means it will either allow or not allow the bluetooth to automatically be detected? Is there any other way to have the bluetooth enabled and not have to pair it up each day? When I go out for lunch and leave work the stereo has no problem finding the bluetooth (even when Discoverable was set up as NO), but when I use the car first thing in the morning, I have to pair it up again. I do not change any settings, but I do have a soft reset programmed every night at midnight on my phone. Could this be why I gave to pair it up each morning and not at lunch or when I leave work?
    The soft reset should have no impact on the pairing. Do you have the Alpine saved in your bluetooth settings?
    01-04-11 09:12 PM
    That's what I'm saying lol.
    I prefer cars that were made before this kind of tech (and EPA standards ).
    I would see if you can remove all the previous bluetooth settings from the car and see if that does it.
    01-05-11 12:20 AM
    The soft reset should have no impact on the pairing. Do you have the Alpine saved in your bluetooth settings?
    Yes.

My battery was draining like mad yesterday and the only change I did was that Discoverable setting in the phone's bluetooth set up. Today it seems better...I did not have to pair up the phone this morning when I got into my car and I had changed the Discoverable option to NO. My battery appears to be back to normal today. I've never seen my battery drain like that before. I must have had to recharge it at least 4 times! I charged it up when I got home from work and took it off the charger when I went to bed (it was at 100%) and by midnight I woke up to the cell phone notification that the battery life was at 5%. Very weird!

Do you know what the Discoverable option is for in the bluetooth setting on the cell phone?
    01-05-11 08:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD