Ok, I'm running OS 6 (358) on my 9700. I used to have only one email address linked to my phone (gmail). That account was hacked and I added a second address (yahoo) to my phone so it could be used while I regained control of my gmail account. When I added the yahoo address my contact list became tied to the yahoo account.

I can now use my gmail account again, and it is back to being my default address. I would like to have my contact list tied to the gmail account instead of the yahoo account.

When I go to default services to change the contact list sync my only two options are the yahoo address and AT&T Address Book. I was able to change the default calendar and messaging addresses to gmail.

Any ideas?
    12-08-10 06:15 AM
    I'm bumping this thread because I have the exact same problem ....google search brought me right to this thread
    12-23-10 09:18 PM
    same problem happened to me. was on the phone with verizon and BB for over 3 hours and they had no clue how to fix this.
    01-04-11 02:54 AM
    Google brought me here to... how do you change your contact list address book name?
    01-18-11 11:13 AM
    Fellows, I had the same problem and found an answer in yahoo answers. I followed the suggestion and it worked for me.
    I was able to change it from yahoo address book to gmail. Or you may choose to cancel wireless sync completely (by not using any email at all) so you can just sync it later on with the BB desktop software.

I hope it will help you as well. Please see:

Where are my blackberry contacts going-it's synching to yahoo-how do i access them and stop them from synching? - Yahoo! Answers
    01-23-11 07:41 PM
    there an email address wherein it is not active anymore but still shows in the email sync, any idea how to remove it?
    04-28-12 05:14 PM
    there an email address wherein it is not active anymore but still shows in the email sync, any idea how to remove it?
    bro you can try security wipe.. just goto options > security > security wipe.

check email, contacs, etc.. then type the confirmation word then press wipe.

note: do backup just in case
    04-28-12 09:49 PM
    05-08-12 02:45 AM
    Ok, I'm running OS 6 (358) on my 9700. I used to have only one email address linked to my phone (gmail). That account was hacked and I added a second address (yahoo) to my phone so it could be used while I regained control of my gmail account. When I added the yahoo address my contact list became tied to the yahoo account.

I can now use my gmail account again, and it is back to being my default address. I would like to have my contact list tied to the gmail account instead of the yahoo account.

When I go to default services to change the contact list sync my only two options are the yahoo address and AT&T Address Book. I was able to change the default calendar and messaging addresses to gmail.

Any ideas?
    you can download a free app called "Advance OS and LED" that will allow you to move contacts to the default contact list.
    08-12-12 10:10 AM
    I used these steps to access advanced settings and am unable to change the email address. The SYNC email address that is being used is not even on my phone anymore. How do I change this?
    03-28-13 09:39 AM
    bro you can try security wipe.. just goto options > security > security wipe.

check email, contacs, etc.. then type the confirmation word then press wipe.

note: do backup just in case
    That's a bad idea if you have multiple email addresses, it will wipe everything!
    03-28-13 09:41 AM
    Stayzer

This app is superb
    Thank you dor your help and discovery
    11-05-13 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD