I have searched and found a few people posting on this problem with no solution.

I have tried the torch with a Vega V-tune Helmet with built in bluetooth which worked fine with a number of older Blackberry's.
    I have also tried with a brand new Cardo Scala FM.

In both instances the torch is happy to pair and utilise the BT as a hands free device, but will not play media on it.

This is pretty irritating as I used to use my phone as a media player while on my bike. Now all I can do is use the phone, but no music.

I just can't seem to figure out if this is a known issue which will be fixed in future.
    12-08-10 05:42 AM
    I have a Jabra BT3030 headset that works great for both phone and media playback. What kind of issues are you having with yours?
    12-08-10 06:53 AM
    I have searched and found a few people posting on this problem with no solution.

I have tried the torch with a Vega V-tune Helmet with built in bluetooth which worked fine with a number of older Blackberry's.
    I have also tried with a brand new Cardo Scala FM.

In both instances the torch is happy to pair and utilise the BT as a hands free device, but will not play media on it.

This is pretty irritating as I used to use my phone as a media player while on my bike. Now all I can do is use the phone, but no music.

I just can't seem to figure out if this is a known issue which will be fixed in future.
    Have you deleted the profile and re added it?

Does the profile say headset?

If not you need to re pair it and make it a headset. The instructions might be needed for this.
    Johann likes this.
    12-08-10 06:58 AM
    Does your headset have A2DP?
    Also you need the stereo headset profile. My jawbone icon works flawlessly to stream music from my torch, if you go to:

manage connections > bluetooth setup

Look at your device listing, you should have 3 profiles listed(or more) Headset, handsfree, and stereo Headset Audio. If the last profile is missing you will never stream anything from the device to the headset. This is not the torch's problem but the BT headset your using.
    Johann likes this.
    12-08-10 06:59 AM
    Only A2DP headsets work. Some Jabras should work, Jawbone ICON works, as does the Plantronics Voyager Pro+ (note the +). Also, Slacker, along with one or two other apps will redirect audio to BT, even without A2DP.
    Johann likes this.
    12-08-10 05:25 PM
    Yeah if your headset isn't A2DP it's not going to work.
    Johann likes this.
    12-08-10 05:33 PM
    it's not only on torch, I had a 8900 and I wanted to listen to music in my car using a cheap fm bluetooth plugin that fit in my car lighter, it said that it support A2DP and all that, but I had hard time making it to work, I had to start the tune first, then call my voice mail (which will use the bluetooth) and then hang up the call, after that I was able to listen to the music but with a very low quality. I'm still wondering if it work, but I did see a lot of post with success story in it, using more expensive item. I'm thinking of going to a store and ask them to try all the headset that they have to see if I could find one that work.
    12-08-10 05:33 PM
    Hi All

Sorry for the delay, I had to take a trip and was unable to check the forum.

To the best of my knowledge the Cardo scala-rider FM does have A2DP but I have requested confirmation from Cardo.

In the mean time I will try the suggestions made and update.
    12-23-10 12:40 AM
    Only the Scala-Rider Q4 is A2DP. My Torch is streaming music nicely to my Jabra Stone and audio comes through the BT during videos
    12-23-10 12:46 AM
    Bad news, the very expensive Cardo scala-rider FM headset does not have A2DP.

Am I now up a creek with no paddle or is there some work around I can do?
    12-23-10 12:53 AM
    No work around on that BT the best way is return it or sell it and use the money to buy another one
    12-23-10 12:55 AM
    Bad news, the very expensive Cardo scala-rider FM headset does not have A2DP.

Am I now up a creek with no paddle or is there some work around I can do?
    Unfortunately you will need to purchase a BT headset that supports A2DP. http://www.usatoday.com/tech/columnist/kimkomando/2008-01-31-bluetooth-earphones_N.htm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-10 01:01 AM
    No no work around Must be A2DP

Now I KNOW I've seen a A2DP Motorcycle headset that was cheap... I'm going through my search records now, will post back

or not... sigh... cheapest is still 300$s... courtesy of crap tastic J&M...

Sorry man. Do you wear a half, open, or a flip/full face helmet?
    With my flip up, I got a sticky of velcro right in the chin where I stick the microphone portion of my headset at (it has velcro too, its tricky, can be done.) I also get some of that anti wind foam you can find on motorcycle mics and stick it to it, and it works. People can hear me, and I can hear them through the buds in my ears.

You could try the "throat mic" trick to see if that works.

Not really "awesome" ideas, but in the most part it works, tricky part is answering the call...........
    Last edited by JohnMidnight; 12-23-10 at 02:41 AM.
    12-23-10 02:28 AM
    No no work around Must be A2DP

Now I KNOW I've seen a A2DP Motorcycle headset that was cheap... I'm going through my search records now, will post back

or not... sigh... cheapest is still 300$s... courtesy of crap tastic J&M...

Sorry man. Do you wear a half, open, or a flip/full face helmet?
    With my flip up, I got a sticky of velcro right in the chin where I stick the microphone portion of my headset at (it has velcro too, its tricky, can be done.) I also get some of that anti wind foam you can find on motorcycle mics and stick it to it, and it works. People can hear me, and I can hear them through the buds in my ears.

You could try the "throat mic" trick to see if that works.

Not really "awesome" ideas, but in the most part it works, tricky part is answering the call...........
    I have a Marushin 779 full face helmet which is incredibly quiet. Phone calls possible at any speed.

Luckily the Scala has FM and MP3 support so I will just use my Ipod for music.
    12-23-10 03:38 AM
    Try this :
    1-Go to manage connections > Bluetooh connections
    2- press menus and choose options
    3- under devices services make sure to check also the "headset" , not only the "handsfree "
    4- save and try it.
    12-23-10 07:35 AM
    Try this :
    1-Go to manage connections > Bluetooh connections
    2- press menus and choose options
    3- under devices services make sure to check also the "headset" , not only the "handsfree "
    4- save and try it.
    You cannot force the device to use the headset profile if the bluetooth device doesn't support that profile. Any supported profile will be shown when you connect the device.
    12-23-10 07:38 AM
    You are right , I just thought he missed activating that profile when installing pairing the HS
    12-23-10 07:42 AM
    I've scoured the internet for an answer to my dilemma and this is the closest thread I could find to addressing my topic. I have a Blackberry Torch 9800 (AT&T) and a Motorola SD-10 HD bluetooth headset. Both manufacturer websites claim they support the A2DP bluetooth profile.

I have been able to sync the devices and place calls through the headset but cannot figure out how to stream music from the phone to the headset. It is being played from the media card. When going to device options, there are a number of profiles listed, but not one that says exactly "stereo Headset Audio" as a previous poster mentioned.

1. Has anyone been able to successfully play music between these two devices. Both are very recently released devices and both support A2DP. Why they won't work together is a mystery to me. Or I am just dense.
    2. Even if they were set up to work, I do not understand how to make the Blackberry switch modes of audio output. With the iphone/ipod touch, it is very clear to select the music output either headphone jack, speakers, or bluetooth. With BB device, I see no such options.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Andrew
    01-27-11 10:37 AM
    I have a Motorola S9-HD Rokr headset that works like a champ with my Torch. Can't think of any reason why yours shouldn't work also.

What profiles are listed in the Bluetooth setup screen for this device? You said you didn't see "stereo audio headset".. So what did you see?

Thanks!

I've scoured the internet for an answer to my dilemma and this is the closest thread I could find to addressing my topic. I have a Blackberry Torch 9800 (AT&T) and a Motorola SD-10 HD bluetooth headset. Both manufacturer websites claim they support the A2DP bluetooth profile.
    01-28-11 06:44 AM
    I have a Motorola H730 which claims to have A2DP but when connected, the Torch only has Handsfree & Headset profiles. Not quite sure if its a BB issue as much as a Motorola issue.
    01-28-11 10:11 AM
    I've been struggling with this problem as well. I have a BlueAnt Q1 and it doesn't play my music or movies through it. One thing that I have noticed is that while using the BBScanner, if you go into the options they have a tab to "select output" and the option for bluetooth is there and it transfers the scanner beautifully for me. Would there be anyway to have such an option in the media player? Or is there a media player that has such an option?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-11 08:31 PM
    make sure that remote control is coming from the actual headset...when u pair it press play from the headset and it should work....
    02-15-11 12:33 PM
    Does your headset have A2DP?
    Also you need the stereo headset profile. My jawbone icon works flawlessly to stream music from my torch, if you go to:

manage connections > bluetooth setup

Look at your device listing, you should have 3 profiles listed(or more) Headset, handsfree, and stereo Headset Audio. If the last profile is missing you will never stream anything from the device to the headset. This is not the torch's problem but the BT headset your using.
    All, I am having the same issue and it is definitely a BB Torch issue as I have tried multiple bluetooth stereo headsets (Motorola and Jabra). Here is the kicker: it worked yesterday before lunch when I first paired it. When I came back after lunch, it would no longer play media content via the headset. However, o the Torch, the device profiles for the headsets show all three profiles, but when I connect (turn on) a headset, it will only show the hands free and A/V remote. I deleted the profiles, recharged the headsets, repaired the devices to no avail. Everything but the headset (stereo or otherwise when playing media content) works. I really need this fixed. Any ideas?
    03-10-11 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD