I had .1015 on my phone. Didn't like it, downgraded back to .713. And glad I did. I turned my phone on this morning and there's a icon on my home screen. It just says "WIRELESS UPGRADE". It won't go away. I've hidden it in my tools folder. My husband just got a replacement BB storm2. His was made in Mexico, April of 2010. He has .1015. Its working flawlessly!!! My BB storm2 is from Canada and from 2009. Does it make a difference? Does .1015 work better on the 2010 models? Or is it just he got lucky! I'm kinda jealous..his BB is perfect! Screen isn't sunken in corners..and the seams match. Its like he got a BRAND NEW phone, not some thrown back together in a hurry refurbished BB. I was also wondering if anybody else has had this icon on there phone? It is from Verizon isn't it? Rim wouldn't worry about sending out "updates" would they? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-10 06:02 PM
    That's how the Wireless Update push notification works.

Changes are good some of your apps or PIM data being restored is what's causing your issues. There are some smaller % remote chance that the branding version could be causing your issues, but if it's like that, update to the new OS and then call Verizon and complain that it's causing you problems. They'll send you another which I would suggest you test for a couple of days before you return your old one.
    12-07-10 06:39 PM
    Mine's a 2009 model and .1015 worked fine on it, I just didn't like the laggy keyboard for SMS. I recommend the hybrid I'm running if you want a really, really smooth OS.
    12-07-10 07:06 PM
    Mine's a 2009 model and .1015 worked fine on it, I just didn't like the laggy keyboard for SMS. I recommend the hybrid I'm running if you want a really, really smooth OS.
    What hybrid are you running ?

12-07-10 09:06 PM
    I can't believe that Verizon is pushing this to phones. I tried for two days to figure out what was the problem with my contacts that caused the address book to crash without success and downgraded back to 713.
    12-08-10 04:34 AM
    its an official release, if you havent downloaded it already you will get the "nag" to upgrade to the worst OS yet lmao
    12-08-10 04:41 AM
    I had .1015 on my phone. Didn't like it, downgraded back to .713. And glad I did. I turned my phone on this morning and there's a icon on my home screen. It just says "WIRELESS UPGRADE". It won't go away. I've hidden it in my tools folder. My husband just got a replacement BB storm2. His was made in Mexico, April of 2010. He has .1015. Its working flawlessly!!! My BB storm2 is from Canada and from 2009. Does it make a difference? Does .1015 work better on the 2010 models? Or is it just he got lucky! I'm kinda jealous..his BB is perfect! Screen isn't sunken in corners..and the seams match. Its like he got a BRAND NEW phone, not some thrown back together in a hurry refurbished BB. I was also wondering if anybody else has had this icon on there phone? It is from Verizon isn't it? Rim wouldn't worry about sending out "updates" would they? Thanks

DON'T UPGRADE!!! This OS is awful. It is unbelievable that Verizon/RIM would push this out to its customers. Shameful. Truly no pride in their product. :-(
    12-08-10 09:53 AM
    I recommend SaskTel's 517 if you want a really, really smooth OS. Verizon officials are for noobs!
    12-08-10 09:56 AM
    The only way to get rid of the update icon is to hide it? Just checking. I was thinking of upgrading but then I checked and heard all the problems (especially the OpenGL one) and decided against it. I'm sure there are benefits but the problems it introduces bother me
    12-08-10 11:37 AM
    Funny thing is, I have never even received notification of this new OS?? Why would some get it and others aren't??
    12-08-10 11:42 AM
    what OS you running?
    12-08-10 11:46 AM
    DON'T UPGRADE!!! This OS is awful. It is unbelievable that Verizon/RIM would push this out to its customers. Shameful. Truly no pride in their product. :-(
    +1 on your comment.

That's how the Wireless Update push notification works.

Changes are good some of your apps or PIM data being restored is what's causing your issues. There are some smaller % remote chance that the branding version could be causing your issues, but if it's like that, update to the new OS and then call Verizon and complain that it's causing you problems. They'll send you another which I would suggest you test for a couple of days before you return your old one.
    Funny thing is that my wife went into the store because after trying to update her 9550 it has many, MANY errors and 1/2 the things no longer work. Long story...but after a couple attempts at wiping the phone and starting from scratch and STILL no luck I figured I would have her bring into the store to get them to fix, since it is their (Verizon's fault for pushing out this crap) problem. Apparently the people in the store don't see it that way. They told my wife the push was from RIM and Verizon had nothing to do with it. They also said they can not wipe a phone and restore with an older OS. However, when asking them to fix the phone and get it working on the current OS they told her she was not under contract. Funny thing is that they needed to give her a replacement phone less then a month ago after other issues.

The best comment of all was they told their they would upgrade her to a Droid phone if she wanted for $150 since Droid's don't have any issues like this.

So, good luck in getting anyone to help you from Verizon's side either.
    12-08-10 11:47 AM
    Funny thing is, I have never even received notification of this new OS?? Why would some get it and others aren't??
    Are you on a BES? If so, you will sometimes NOT get the notification. Also Hybrid installs can prevent you from getting the notifications too.
    12-08-10 11:49 AM
    My daughter rec'd a push notification also to her S2 about 2wks ago to upgrade the software. While we've been busy on the go etc., i just havent had a chance to upgrade her yet, BUT after reading all the issues with 713 &1015, I'm leaving it be on .607 I'll just tuck away the "update folder notification" somewhere on her ph so its not on her main screen. I really cant believe all of the issues everyone is having with their S2's on these OS's. Its terrible. For what my daughter uses her bb for, .607 seems to be working ok for her. Of course no ph is perfect and it does freeze on her on occassion, but she's happy the way it is. I'm sorry to hear about everyones prob with the os's. I hope your able to resolve the issues somehow.
    12-09-10 08:38 AM
    More like no talent left to manage and update the 9550 code base. Long gone, on to OS6 presumably, before they ever got a real working version of OS5 on the 9550. Pitiful indeed.

I am holding out hope that Verizon will get the iPhone. I am pretty convinced that I have owned my last RIM product.
    12-09-10 12:44 PM
    More like no talent left to manage and update the 9550 code base. Long gone, on to OS6 presumably, before they ever got a real working version of OS5 on the 9550. Pitiful indeed.

I am holding out hope that Verizon will get the iPhone. I am pretty convinced that I have owned my last RIM product.
    I couldn't agree more with your last two sentences. Its tragic that RIM would have two Storm models fail so epically. RIM has lost all pride in its work. fortunately there are some great alternatives. I can't imagine how bad RIM is going to torture its customers with the playbook. :- (

12-09-10 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD