Had my storm2 replaced due to a blown speaker. When I got the replacement phone I've noticed that the texting is extremely laggy. It takes about 2-3 seconds for the letter to appear on my screen when writing a text message, or in any text field for that matter. Everything else, like navigating through menus, or using the key pad when dialing a call are very responsive.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this issue?
    12-06-10 08:29 PM
    Update:

I actually have been texting in BBM and also inputting text on the web browser and in other messengers and there is no delay at all. So it only seems to be while typing in a sms or mms field.
    12-06-10 08:55 PM
    its a problem with the newest OS Verizon released as well as 983. If it bugs you that much downgrade to a lower OS than 983.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-10 09:23 PM
    When it gets slow like that, flip to horizontal and then back to vertical and it should be speedy again. I think it has to do with the auto correct logic getting a bit hung up. I have a feeling it's a left over bug which was part of the bug that would cause the auto complete/auto correct setting to change after using the phone app once in previous builds.

A lot of people who use SureType wouldn't have noticed this, but people who use Portrait QWERTY and auto correct instead of auto complete would immediately notice the bug.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-10 11:07 PM
    try hard restarting your device.
    12-07-10 01:10 PM
    If you want 0 lag input for the keyboard, load up the hybrid in my signature. There is NO lag input whatsoever. There is, however, a little delay in the word being put up if you're typing really fast. Doesn't affect me though. This is also SMS I'm talking about, anything else has literally flawless typing. Definitely recommend .517 base with lyricidal .580 hybrid.
    12-07-10 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD