My reason is that my bis is FREE. Emails,browsing,BBM,using apps that require internet connect for FREE. And of course I love my Bold 9650. What's your reason for staying with your blackberry?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-10 05:22 PM
    I am still with a BlackBerry because I use my phone for communication, and BBs are the best at communication devices!
    12-06-10 05:46 PM
    Several reasons for me...I haven't found anything else I like better, BBs are amazing communication devices, love the BlackBerry keyboards, I'm addicted to BBM,and finally I don't feel like learning a new type of OS for some other device such as android or iOS
    12-06-10 05:49 PM
    Blackberry "chose" Me.. after experimenting with so many phones..
    12-06-10 05:50 PM
    How did you manage free BIS?

There are a handful of reasons I didn't stay but that's not what this thread is about.

There are a number of things that I think will come together in the near future that could lure me back.

12-06-10 05:59 PM
    I still can't believe I can afford to keep one on in the first place!
    After lossing my laptop a while back I was searching for a way to stay connected with my friends online. I never really knew anything about these bb phones except that people didn't think they were as good as iphones(for gaming at least). Since the last few phones I had were from VM I went to them to see if they had any no-contract phones with a iphone type of web browser(fast and full web pages). Well the empolyee at RS really sold me on the 8530 curve and with the low monthy service charge I use it as my everything device now. I know you guys consider this a starters bb. but with WIFI it feels completely professional.

I hope VMusa decides to come out with another bb so I'll be able to upgrade mines before the warranty expires.
    12-06-10 06:06 PM
    Nothing better, ridiculously brand loyal, and apple products are for sheep.

12-06-10 06:37 PM
    if you're ridiculously brand loyal, doesn't that make you a sheep, too? I'm just saying
    12-06-10 06:41 PM
    Well I guess it depends...I can't recall the last time I felt the need to stand in line for an indefinite period of time just to have the privilege of carrying a particular product. I order from home, it arrives at my home, and it works the way I expect it to work. Good, bad, or indifferent.

12-06-10 06:48 PM
    mainly keyboard, the minimalist OS, BBM, the form factor! heck, even Blackberry's name hehehe
    12-06-10 07:11 PM
    Form and functionality suit my needs better than anything else out there these days.

12-06-10 07:15 PM
    Because it's still the best.
    12-06-10 07:47 PM
    The best at?
    12-06-10 08:02 PM
    Life... Duh... Just kidding.

No I'm loyal to the brand... Love the look of the phones. Love the features. And last but not least... They are sexy looking :P

12-06-10 08:38 PM
    For me it's the customization, the ease of backing up, syncing with my computer and BBM. I'm also really like OS6 and the features that the torch has... touch screen.... keyboard... optimized search. Sure it would be nice to have some features/apps that the iPhone/Droids have like Streaming Netflix, an app for my Hava Media player etc... I'm on AT&T, which is best for me, discount from work, coverage is iffy in some spots but overall worth staying, and I'd say from the phones I have to choose from on the AT&T network, IMHO I have the best one...
    kidtchr3 likes this.
    12-06-10 08:56 PM
    It was my first smartphone. I didn't know of any other type of smart phone back in 07 besides BB and the iphone and since I was with sprint then the iphone wasn't an option. Now I stay with them because I love instant notification on emails and facebook, I love the LED that lets me know I have a message.

I also love the minimalist OS, the keyboard and I'm just comfortable with them. Can't wait to switch my 8530 for a 9650 as a christmas present to myself.
    12-06-10 09:02 PM
    in no particular order
    security
    reliability
    customization
    ease of use
    every other phone i have had I have had problems or complaints. now im not saying the bb is perfect, but if i dont like something, thus far, i could fix/change it ir rim has changed it. BB4Life
    12-06-10 09:11 PM
    I'm curious about the free BIS too!
    12-06-10 09:13 PM
    I'm a prepaid user. And when I registered to BIS for the first time...I did something(which is a secret) then my BIS became permanent.. From jan.19 to present. No payment for anything except prepaid credits for call and text.

12-07-10 12:08 AM
    I love the feel of a BlackBerry keyboard, they way it is laid out and implemented. The screen could be bigger, yes, but it works for me. It performs all of the functions I've needed internet for, and when I need to get going, slip it in a pocket and go. No packing crap up, disconnecting wires or pulling a broadband card which could Be lost or forgotten. No extra payment for BIS, no extra charges, and Turn-by-turn navigation. I could go on, but it just works.

12-07-10 12:38 AM
    BBM
    Customization
    Canadian heritage (lol)

12-07-10 02:08 AM
    Man i had a storm > storm 2 dx> 9650 > back to dx..

Now i'm starting to get the itch to come back back to 9650 and try out bb6 my only complaint i ever had with bb was the browser speeds i didn't care about battery pulls or anything else just the browsing speed because i'm rarely ever home the dx browsing speed is f'n nice i'll admit but my heart is and always will be with blackberry so can anyone answer this question HOW IS THE BROWSING SPEED ON BLACKBERRY 6??
    12-07-10 03:26 AM
    I love the keyboard and the messaging. I don't really use my phone for anything else other than email, txt, and BBM. its perfect for messaging.

12-07-10 05:26 AM
    Like most BlackBerry users it excels at what it is good at: email and physical keyboard.

12-07-10 06:47 AM
    I stay with mine because there is nothing else better, and I'll be keeping my Torch for as long as possible, even if some newer version of the torch comes out. Unless im eligible for an upgrade, I'm just keeping it because there is absolutely nothing wrong with mine. I love the UI of BB's too, I've played on friends iPhones before I had my torch and I just hate the UI of them. No point switching to something else if I can't find anything wrong with BB's.
    12-07-10 07:00 AM
99 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD