I'm having an issue I have never seen on a phone's screen. Key points:

• Every time the screen goes black and I push a button to light it up it looks perfect.

• After doing the above, and then continuing to use the phone most of the time it acts all screwy, showing crazy colors, flipping the screen orientation, going white etc... at least until i let it go black again

• Sometimes the phone will act like normal and looks perfect for up to 20-30 mins, but it's rare and most the time will start acting crazy again.

UPDATE: 12-12-10 Problem solved, swapped screen out.
    Last edited by dudemaaan; 12-12-10 at 05:13 PM.
    12-06-10 11:52 AM
    Did your BB fall and hit hard against the floor? Maybe the screen contact got loose. I would disassembly it, and assemble it back. If not, the screen might have been damaged, and need replacement.
    1st do the disassembly by following this steps:
    if that doesnt work, the replace the screen. Just buy it on ebay and replace.
    Good luck
    12-06-10 02:12 PM
    It has fallen hard before but that was months ago. I have taken it apart several times to see what I could see but it all looked normal. I figured the next step was a screen, but since it looks perfect sometimes I wasnt sure If it was definitely the screen. Or something else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

12-07-10 05:44 PM
    Since it seems perfect sometimes and other time it goes all screwy, it may just be that the little gold/copper/bronze square connector (in the upper right hand corner of the phone when it's opened up) somehow became a little loose, though I'd think this would be more likely to cause a white screen rather than all those funky screens you have. If I were you I'd open the phone up again and specifically look at that tiny gold square connector. Ground yourself before touching it, though, or you'll risk frying your LCD (I learned this the hard way), which isn't fixable and will cause you to have to buy a new LCD.

Also, I wouldn't recommend ebay unless you happen to find a cheap one on there. The screens I saw on there were between $50-70. I got mine from Ecrater for $30.38, shipping included.

And if it turns out not to be hardware-related, I'd then try loading a new OS on it, perhaps...
    12-07-10 09:08 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I put os 5 on the phone in an attempt to fix it but it didn't unfortunately. I went ahead and ordered a new screen on ebay for $20 shipped. We'll see if that fixes it.

12-07-10 09:54 PM
    Okay, sounds good. And great price from ebay!
    One thing, though, are you ordering the correct version of the screen you need? Just want to make sure you're aware - there are three different versions, and if you order the wrong one, it won't work for your phone if you try to put it in. Mine was 003/004, but there's also 001/004 and 002/004.
    12-07-10 10:06 PM
    Okay, sounds good. And great price from ebay!
    One thing, though, are you ordering the correct version of the screen you need? Just want to make sure you're aware - there are three different versions, and if you order the wrong one, it won't work for your phone if you try to put it in. Mine was 003/004, but there's also 001/004 and 002/004.
    Yeah I checked before and mine is the 002/004

12-09-10 06:02 PM
    Update: Changing the screen fixed it, thanks to all that posted.

Thread Resolved
    12-12-10 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD