I feel as if I cheated, I am a long time BB user and fell for all the Droid X hype. It was a terrific phone for everything...........except email. So, back to my 9650 after 5 days of experimenting.
    12-06-10 10:15 AM
    Well welcome back.
    12-06-10 10:23 AM
    Welcome back! I had the Evo for 3 days before I came crawling back to my Bold 9650. I could not access my work email with the Evo. I'm never leaving Blackberry again! Those phones are all bells and whistles with no substance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-10 10:47 AM
    I feel as if I cheated, I am a long time BB user and fell for all the Droid X hype. It was a terrific phone for everything...........except email. So, back to my 9650 after 5 days of experimenting.
    I also *almost* fell for the X hype. I spent Oct & Nov looking into the android software, how it works, rooting, etc. I spent time in Vzw for hours messing with the Sammi Fascinate & the X a little. Was soooooo close to pulling the trigger to get one. BUT I further messed around with my Uncles one day, and thats when I decided. This is not the device for me. I'm sticking with bb (i'll be getting a Bold 9650 soon)
    Droids are nice devices and all, but not what i prefer or need
    Welcome back!
    12-06-10 11:43 AM
    5 days? Wow. Must be more tolerant then me. I lasted 4 hours with the DX. I like it but not as simple as the bb when I want to call from phone book I just start typing unlike unlocking, tap, tap, swipe, tap, tap, tap to make a call from phone book.

12-06-10 11:49 AM
    it doesn't take that much effort to make a phone call on a Droid.
    12-06-10 11:56 AM
    it doesn't take that much effort to make a phone call on a Droid.
    I agree, although I do prefer Blackberry over droid it is very simple to make a call on a droid. I also went from a BB to android for a short period of time and went running back to my BB but to say it is difficult to make a call on a droid is a little absurd.
    12-06-10 12:35 PM
    I find it difficult to even touch a drooid, much less have to make a call, send an email or anything else on it.
    12-06-10 12:42 PM
    does all that customization scare you?
    12-06-10 01:04 PM
    ^yes, very much so^
    12-06-10 01:21 PM
    Same boat here. Had Droid Incredible for a few months, now back on old trusty 8330. No more leaving BB for me. The customization was nice, the camera was fantastic, and the screen resolution was out of this world. Unfortunately I needed the email and the Droid Incredible just didn't provide that for me. I still have it (if my work gets me a BB I'll probably activate my Incredible for personal phone). If you don't really rely on email Android is fabulous, not to mention that stupid fast browser (it was hard to leave that).
    12-06-10 02:41 PM
    I'm back as well lol. I went from the Blackberry Curve 8330, to the Droid Pro for about 2 weeks, didn't like it so I returned it for the Bold 9650 & I'm glad I did
    12-06-10 04:09 PM
    I currently have a Droid X, and just recently bought a Droid Pro (which I received today). I have been thinking of switching to Blackberry for a while now because all I do is text, email and make calls on my phone so naturally Blackberry seemed like the way to go. However, I went with Verizon for the Droids, and email on these thing sucks so does battery life.

I got the Droid Pro today and immediately on my first call I noticed that call quality was mediocre and the phone got hot after just a few instances of use. I am going to give it until Thursday and if I still don't like this phone then I am going to sell it and pick up a Bold 9650.

How is the 9650? How is the call quality? Battery life? How customizable is it when compared to Android?
    12-06-10 04:55 PM
    I currently have a Droid X, and just recently bought a Droid Pro (which I received today). I have been thinking of switching to Blackberry for a while now because all I do is text, email and make calls on my phone so naturally Blackberry seemed like the way to go. However, I went with Verizon for the Droids, and email on these thing sucks so does battery life.

I got the Droid Pro today and immediately on my first call I noticed that call quality was mediocre and the phone got hot after just a few instances of use. I am going to give it until Thursday and if I still don't like this phone then I am going to sell it and pick up a Bold 9650.

How is the 9650? How is the call quality? Battery life? How customizable is it when compared to Android?
    How much would you sell for?

12-06-10 05:34 PM
    How much would you sell for?

Sell what? The Droid Pro or the Droid X?
    12-06-10 05:37 PM
    It's been noted, there are programs like K9, or Touchdown to take care of your email needs. I understand if you need something more robust, like BES however.
    12-06-10 05:41 PM
    I have zero issues using android with K9
    12-06-10 06:41 PM
    Been on the X for about 3 months now. If Verizon would have ever released OS6 for my Bold, I might not have made the switch. Now that I'm used to the browser, I'm not sure I could switch back to BB. I have no issues with the email on here either, besides that when I delete my Hotmail it doesn't delete on my computer as well. I understand if you can't get something like BES, but my normal everyday email that I don't use for work suits me just fine. Don't get me wrong, I still miss my BB in one way or the other, so I'm by no means trashing BlackBerries.
    12-06-10 09:12 PM
    I have a Droid incredible and email is fine for me but its only personal, I do miss bbm though.

12-06-10 09:43 PM
    There is no perfect phone, I dunno why blackberry can't make a good browser just like I can't understand why droids can't direct push email besides gmail. Everybody has different needs which is why you can't say one phones is definately better than the other.

12-06-10 10:46 PM
    fail...blackberry sucks
    12-07-10 01:55 AM
    I loved my Tour and now my 9650 Bold- It does everything I need and great battery life- I don't need the bells and whisltes of a Droid and I have a life outside of being tethered to my Phone like some-

Everyone has different needs and as a result - no phone is perfect for everyone- BB certainly does not "suck" they serve their users quite well and will for a long time
    12-07-10 05:20 PM
    Where do you get your contacts for bbm? Personal friends, etc.? I know there are forums here but it seems to be the same ppl in every one.

12-07-10 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD