So, WTH is going on with VZW? Are they launching/supporting any new BBs? Or are the phasing out BB altogether? Who has heard anything?? my contract is up at the beginning of January and I love my BB and VZW service but am willing to switch carriers if necessary so I can get the best BB for me. Currently have the Pearl flip but open to suggestions....
    12-06-10 08:52 AM
    So, WTH is going on with VZW? Are they launching/supporting any new BBs? Or are the phasing out BB altogether? Who has heard anything?? my contract is up at the beginning of January and I love my BB and VZW service but am willing to switch carriers if necessary so I can get the best BB for me. Currently have the Pearl flip but open to suggestions....
    Are you looking for a specific type of BB? They just launched the Curve 3G. The Bold is only six months old or so. The Torch will never come to Verizon (as stated many times that AT&T paid for a lot of the development). Maybe a Storm 3 Q1/Q2 with LTE...I can see the Style eventually making its way to Verizon as well.

You said you're willing to switch to any carrier for a BB? Wow...choose service first than the device. Its cool to have the "best" BB...but if you don't have 3G or good coverage it doesn't do you any good. I had an iPhone 4...SWEET phone...no 3G or good coverage where I live (Except for Edge).

But, if you're set on having the coolest BB (which is complete subjective)...I prefer the stylings of the Bold 9780, which is currently on T-Mobile and soon AT&T.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    12-06-10 09:02 AM
    Yea maybe you should try the Bold they have or wait for the style/s3.
    12-06-10 09:15 AM

You said you're willing to switch to any carrier for a BB? Wow...choose service first than the device.
    +1 on this advice. Choose your carrier and then see what they have for you. If having the best looking device with all the bells and whistles is important, then go for the newest one. But can't see you NOT worrying about service where you are. Get the service nailed down first...
    12-06-10 09:30 AM
    I agree with that advice. The network is way more important than the device. The latest whiz bang device isn't going to do you much good if you have no coverage.

Nobody that knows is going to spill the beans right now about devices. Personally, I would be surprised to see something new before mid-2011 from RIM.
    12-06-10 09:37 AM
    You said you're willing to switch to any carrier for a BB? Wow...choose service first than the device.
    +1, I made this mistake. I went to AT&T for the phone, and found out the service sucked. Couldn't wait to get out of that contract and back to real cell service.

"AT&T covers 97% of all Americans" as long they're standing within 6 inches of a cell tower.
    12-06-10 09:46 AM
    sorry, I should have clarified...I live in the NYC metro area so most major carriers work around here! AT&T is ok; my husband has an iphone but I like having a keyboard so that's out! verizon has been good so far as well. totally agree with Mark's comments above as well.

Is the style REALLY coming to VZW or is that a rumor?
    12-06-10 10:07 AM
    Are you looking for a specific type of BB? They just launched the Curve 3G. The Bold is only six months old or so. The Torch will never come to Verizon (as stated many times that AT&T paid for a lot of the development). Maybe a Storm 3 Q1/Q2 with LTE...I can see the Style eventually making its way to Verizon as well.

You said you're willing to switch to any carrier for a BB? Wow...choose service first than the device. Its cool to have the "best" BB...but if you don't have 3G or good coverage it doesn't do you any good. I had an iPhone 4...SWEET phone...no 3G or good coverage where I live (Except for Edge).

But, if you're set on having the coolest BB (which is complete subjective)...I prefer the stylings of the Bold 9780, which is currently on T-Mobile and soon AT&T.
    +1 on this as well, and I'll add a suggestion to research on carrier customer service as well - as example I used to have Sprint years ago and while I had excellent coverage living in a part of the city that was pretty much a bowl with brick buildings for blocks around, their customer service was less than desirable. Every few months or so I'd have to call and inquire what was going on with my bill which took them a couple hours to sort out. And even after switching it still took TWO YEARS to make them understand that my number was ported and they were violating FCC rules by activating new customers with it over and over. And I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from getting Sprint, this was ages past and I know plenty of people with Sprint that have no problems. The moral of the story is do your homework before getting a device for the device itself, as your enjoyment of it will be diminished by poor coverage and shoddy customer service.
    12-06-10 10:16 AM
    sorry, I should have clarified...I live in the NYC metro area so most major carriers work around here! AT&T is ok; my husband has an iphone but I like having a keyboard so that's out! verizon has been good so far as well. totally agree with Mark's comments above as well.

Is the style REALLY coming to VZW or is that a rumor?
    Rumor. It could end up being a Sprint exlusive device...BUT...all of Sprint's BB models...Verizon has the exact same model (Tour, Pearls, Curve series, Bold)...except for some minor cosmetic changes.
    12-06-10 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD