Well, we all know that the original 9570 was scrapped, and, at least I don't think that the Storm3 will be called the 9570... shouldn't this section be removed, or replaced.

We have a bunch of speculation and some leaks on an S3, plus the Bold Touch, Torch2 etc etc... shouldn't we make a section for future/rumored QNX-OS devices, or a section specific to the upcoming Storm3?

Just a thought...
    12-05-10 04:19 PM
    I've been wondering the same thing ever since the 9570 was scrapped. This section should be collapsed into the general rumored devices section.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-10 07:19 PM
    I was thinking the same thing when I woke up this morning and checking the forums as I usually do while my girlfriend yelled at me for checking something "I just looked at."
    12-05-10 08:40 PM
    We need to keep the hope alive, that RIM brings it back as a Cheap midrange device.
    12-05-10 11:54 PM
    We don't. Delete!

12-06-10 04:37 AM
    Agreed - i'm tired of checking this section and seeing nothing....
    12-06-10 08:24 AM
    Burn it down
    12-06-10 08:57 AM
    Just change the title to Blackberry Storm 3.
    12-06-10 12:43 PM
    There is no BlackBerry Storm 3 either.

12-07-10 04:54 AM
    There is no BlackBerry Storm 3 either.

Storm3 is still a rumored device - what this section is for.

12-07-10 05:26 AM
    Well make it for Storm 5 then. We have as much info on that!

12-07-10 10:45 AM
    I would say this forum still being here is a sign. My guess you will see a blackberry released as a 9570, certain moderators on CB are tied to NDA, but doesn't mean they don't still know that the device is on the way. My guess is a version of the storm 3 got canned. maybe the version with the same form factor as the storm 2. does not mean they will not release the storm 3 still as the 9570 esp with the availability in the numbering scheme.
    12-07-10 02:54 PM
    I would say this forum still being here is a sign. My guess you will see a blackberry released as a 9570, certain moderators on CB are tied to NDA, but doesn't mean they don't still know that the device is on the way. My guess is a version of the storm 3 got canned. maybe the version with the same form factor as the storm 2. does not mean they will not release the storm 3 still as the 9570 esp with the availability in the numbering scheme.
    To me that doesn't make sense, as the LTE storm is radically different than the 9530 or the 9550.
    Not to mention that 8xxx devices were EDGE and 9xxx devices are HSPA, leading to the conclusion that LTE devices will also have a different numbering system, possibly using an alphanumeric designation (eg, Rxxx)

Oh god I watched too much big bang theory.
    12-07-10 11:32 PM
    To me that doesn't make sense, as the LTE storm is radically different than the 9530 or the 9550.
    Not to mention that 8xxx devices were EDGE and 9xxx devices are HSPA, leading to the conclusion that LTE devices will also have a different numbering system, possibly using an alphanumeric designation (eg, Rxxx)

Oh god I watched too much big bang theory.
    You can NEVER watch too much Big Bang; that show rocks! Isn't the word out that 9570 was recently seen in Best Buy's system? And a rumor that a "refresh" model may still come out because QNX is not near ready?? Maybe that's why they are keeping it? I hope not, but maybe?
    12-08-10 12:16 PM
    You can NEVER watch too much Big Bang; that show rocks!

Isn't the word out that 9570 was recently seen in Best Buy's system? And a rumor that a "refresh" model may still come out because QNX is not near ready?? Maybe that's why they are keeping it? I hope not, but maybe?
    You can when you read back what you typed in Sheldon's voice.

Apparently the 9570 has been in BB's system for a while; it just never got removed. As for the refresh, I have no idea. It could possibly be that a couple more OS 6 devices come out; but when QNX comes out those devices will become low-end devices (as I'm 87% positive OS6 devices will not be upgraded to QNX, due to OS6 being incompatible with OMAP 4 and RIM not wanting to port QNX to marvell)
    12-08-10 12:24 PM
    From what Mike said at the latest playbook demo, qnx has to be run on a dual core device. so the storm 3 should release with os6 with no possibility of being upgraded to QNX; unless blackberry drops the storm 3 as the first multi core processor phone...... I seriously doubt this, my best case hope is a 1g proc single core at best. and deal with os6 until dual core is available.
    12-08-10 03:35 PM
    It could be called The Next Storm, that would be safe enough, because there HAS been some evidence of the Storm 9570's possible return from death! lol

This way whatEVER it is, 9570, Storm3, etc, it's The Next Storm!
    12-08-10 03:42 PM
    From what Mike said at the latest playbook demo, qnx has to be run on a dual core device. so the storm 3 should release with os6 with no possibility of being upgraded to QNX; unless blackberry drops the storm 3 as the first multi core processor phone...... I seriously doubt this, my best case hope is a 1g proc single core at best. and deal with os6 until dual core is available.
    We aren't expecting a new Storm until Q2 (april/may) which will be dual core, QNX ready (or with QNX OS already).

I guess we have to wait for CES to see what new BBs will be dropping soon, or if we just have to wait for any new BB until Q2.

I heard somewhere the playbook will be dropping WITH a new device (just rumor), but I'm assuming they wouldn't give u the playbook and then some OS6 BB... it would probably be a QNX device.
    Stides likes this.
    12-09-10 01:15 PM
    I heard somewhere the playbook will be dropping WITH a new device (just rumor), but I'm assuming they wouldn't give u the playbook and then some OS6 BB... it would probably be a QNX device.
    Unfortunately, I think that is exactly what they are going to do. Everyone here, myself included, is so excited about QNX that we are writing off os6. I think RIM has other plans. They are investing in keeping os6 around for the next year. Lazaridis indicated at the D: Dive into Mobile conference where he was showing off the playbook that he expects there to be two oses, one for phones and one for tablets, for quite a while. He will wait for dual and quad core smart phones before they put QNX on a blackberry. While there may be some early dual core phones releasing Q1 2011, I think he was referring to when dual and quad cores are the standard. I also think he means he sees a powerful os, like QNX, working better on the playbook and the phones will remain with the more simple os6 for now.

This makes sense as releasing a QNX storm with the playbook could eat into playbook sales as buyers would opt for one or another. I would not be surprised if the next storm has 1 ghz processor with a 5 megapixel camera and os6 launching in early 2011. I am not thrilled with that as I really want a completely new os, but it wouldn't surprise me if the next storm is just a torch with a better processor, mobile hot spot and without a physical keyboard.
    12-09-10 08:01 PM
    Bump. Why is this still a rumored device? There are no rumors from any legitimate source.

01-08-11 04:22 AM
    Still hope for CES announcement today. Maybe?

01-08-11 05:20 AM
    The 9570 is done. End of story. The next low/mid-range touchscreen will be the Malibu/Curve Touch...
    02-01-11 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD