What is wrong with blackberry anymore?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 04:51 PM
    Blackberry doesn't make the game...take it up with Rovio.

12-04-10 05:20 PM
    Probably would charge too much for it anyway.

12-04-10 05:25 PM
    I hope it comes out for the storm2
    12-04-10 08:07 PM
    I still don't get the mass appeal of that game. Have it, played it, don't see why so many people want it.
    12-05-10 12:42 PM
    I edited the titled a bit. I think I still captured the spirit the OP was going for, but a tad more family friendly!
    12-05-10 06:43 PM
    With that question you could also ask where are the other 90000 apps in apple's app store that aren't in app world. Hopefully because flash is one of the best known programming languages we will see it once some QNX devices are released although I'm not holding my breath.
    12-05-10 11:29 PM
    I edited the titled a bit. I think I still captured the spirit the OP was going for, but a tad more family friendly!
    Sorry bout that. Got a bit overzealous .

12-06-10 07:08 PM
    No worries, no warning or anything was issued. I understand your frustratuion.
    12-06-10 09:42 PM
    With that question you could also ask where are the other 90000 apps in apple's app store that aren't in app world. Hopefully because flash is one of the best known programming languages we will see it once some QNX devices are released although I'm not holding my breath.
    What does FLASH have to do with not having the Angry Birds game? iPad does not have flash either and that is what the game was built for.
    12-08-10 11:25 AM
    As soon as Angry Birds comes out for the Torch, I will then be able to retire the iPodTouch, as this silly addictive game is the ONLY reason I fire up the Touch these days.
    12-27-10 04:25 PM
    As a BlackBerry developer, I can answer this question.

Don't hold your breath for Angry Birds on the BlackBerry.

BlackBerry devices are not really optimized for gaming since they have to be programmed in Java. Java is clunky and slow, hence why most of the games you have on your BlackBerry tend to be this as well.

Some BlackBerry devices have OpenGL (Storm 2, Curve 8500), which could handle a game like Angry Birds, but RIM is not dedicated to it and a ton of newer devices don't support OpenGL. Heck, the Torch doesn't even support OpenGL.

All GSM devices use an older chip set that is not OpenGL compatible (Bold 9700/9780, Torch 9800, etc), whereas CDMA devices have a newer chipset which is OpenGL compatible. (Storm 2, Curve series)

Even CDMA devices that support OpenGL often get updated with OS' from RIM that break compatibility with it. RIM is simply not dedicated to it at the moment.

If/when RIM releases a QNX based BlackBerry device, it will definitely be possible to bring a game like Angry Birds to the device.

I just finished a BlackBerry PlayBook game and the performance is fantastic, so the future does look bright.

Just don't hold your breath for gaming on any current and immediate BlackBerry devices.
    12-27-10 10:21 PM
    I still don't get the mass appeal of that game. Have it, played it, don't see why so many people want it.
    Basically, people like it for it's quick pick up and play value and because it's somewhat humorous. And physics type games are really popular nowadays.

I personally like playing Angry Birds because the solutions to the levels are not always immediately obvious. It takes some thinking about how the various materials react to the various types of birds.

I have quite a few games on my iPhone that KILL Angry Birds from a technical standpoint, but alot of them require some time to play. AB is a perfect game for waiting in the reception area, those types of situations.
    02-21-11 08:45 AM
    This year may be the year Rovio looks into BlackBerry devices.

At first Rovio told Kevin and I in a tweet that there are no plans at the moment..
    Twitter

Shortly after they say the PlayBook is a definite possibility
    Twitter

I began to talk to them in regards to the leaked roadmap for this year with the devices including OpenGL. They replied telling me OpenGL will making it more appealing for them to look into developing
    Twitter Meant to say BlackBerrys but oh well lol. Point went across

Hang in there. Til then I'll happily fire up my iPod to play Angry Birds.
    02-21-11 03:00 PM
    I agree with you. I played the first chapter on my galaxy tab and it was the last time I played it anymore. The reason why I even finished the first chapter was to see what the kind of birds they have as ammo, but that's about it.
    02-21-11 05:24 PM
    i found "cut the rope" much more fun!
    02-21-11 06:03 PM
    i found "cut the rope" much more fun!
    What's "cut the rope"? Link?

I'm really hoping a game atleast like angry birds comes to the BB Torch at some point. I don't want a different phone but I want that game.
    02-23-11 01:14 PM
    Not likely at all on the T1. It doesn't even support opengl.

Cut the Rope for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
    02-23-11 01:17 PM
    Angry farm was just realeased. Very similar. Graphics are great, but the gameplay is a bit laggy. They say free updates for life, so I'm not too worried. For 5 bucks I'm definitely not disappointed.

02-25-11 09:36 AM
    Angry farm was just realeased. Very similar. Graphics are great, but the gameplay is a bit laggy. They say free updates for life, so I'm not too worried. For 5 bucks I'm definitely not disappointed.

Yes Angry Farm is our solution. Its fun, addictive, but be patient as future updates will iron out the wrinkles.

03-01-11 05:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD