First off, Case-Mate ROCKS. I ordered this on 12/1/2010 and received it at 5 pm 12/3/2010. I paid 0.00 for shipping and it was 25% off because of an extended cyber monday deal! Total, I paid $22.49.

I decided to get this case versus an extended battery because it was such a great deal and swapping batteries annoys me.

The first thing I noticed was that this case is THICK.

It's bulky, but it feels good in my hand and the soft touch plastic is nice. People might stare at you if you have this thing in your pocket though ... just sayin'. I know I won't keep this on all the time, but it will be perfect when I know I'll be out and about and not toting a charger with me. (I don't own a car charger because it messes up the aesthetic of my interior. Don't judge me.) The bottom portion of the case houses a battery with a capacity up to 1020 mA

It offers protection for the whole phone, and allows access to all ports and convenience keys. With a lot of other reviews, I've noticed that people have complained that the case is someone loose, but I didn't experience that. Mine fits very snug.

Charging the case is easy. Just plug it in using your micro USB. You can charge the phone through the case also, but you just have to make sure that the case is turned on and partially charged itself.

One interesting tidbit : When the phone is in the case, and the case (and subsequently the phone) is charging, the phone automatically answers in speakerphone mode. I thought that was cool!

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. I would definitely recommend this to another power user such as myself.

(EDIT 12/14/10) Yeah, Don't buy this case. Mine stopped working after carefully using it 3 times over 2 weeks. Case-mate wants me to pay for return shipping and will take about 2-3 weeks to do a warranty claim and send out another one. I'm blown.
    Last edited by crownr0yal; 12-14-10 at 03:02 PM. Reason: case-mate sucks.
    12-04-10 01:22 AM
    Don't buy this case. Not reliable.
    12-14-10 03:03 PM
    I agree! Mine worked for one day and died!
    02-12-11 11:32 AM
    I got this case for $10 from Best Buy on clearance. If feels nice in the hand but makes typing very difficult because the hard case is very close to the keyboard edge. The 2 pieces don't lock together so it slides apart quite easily. I've noticed that my phone doesn't fit quite snug in it because it lifts up off the charging contacts and stops charging even though the case is fully close. I've stopped using it on my 9780.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-11 11:53 PM
    Don't buy this case. Not reliable.
    Just got one for my 9650 a week ago for 10 bucks. Noticed that when the case is attached but in OFF mode, my batt seems to drain much faster. Wondering if it has something to do with the cas always touching the contacts on the back of my phone. Oh well, only blew 10 bucks I guess.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-11 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD