Just got my style yesterday and I love it, just curious if anyone has found a good aftermarket case for it yet. I would love to get an otterbox but I don't think they will make one for this phone. Thanks
    12-03-10 08:56 PM
    Just got my style yesterday and I love it, just curious if anyone has found a good aftermarket case for it yet. I would love to get an otterbox but I don't think they will make one for this phone. Thanks
    as of right now no, i have been looking for a decent case for a while now. all thats out there are them snap on plastic covers or pouches. i would love a good case or even better a holster.
    12-03-10 09:44 PM
    Same here. Would love an actual Blackberry pouch. Didn't like the pouch the sprint store had. It was fugly.
    12-03-10 10:05 PM
    Ditto here too, I'm using the BB pouch I bought for my Tour, fits real nice but the magnet isn't in the right place for the sleep function. BB has a Style pouch in the works on their website, says coming soon!! If anyone finds a decent one, please post a link....TIA.
    P.S. Otterbox would be great!!!
    12-03-10 10:36 PM
    Maybe since it was just launched on another carrier they might start making different ones. Also has anybody seen the charging pod?
    12-04-10 04:31 AM
    They are really draggig their feet about making accessories for the Style. No good cases that I know of, I'm using one of the snap on covers for now, as I hate to get even the slightest scratch on my devices! The pouches that came with my Bold,s work but I'd like a fitted leather or Otter case for mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 08:01 AM
    I've bought several of the snap-on cases from Amazon.com and am quite happy with them. I just ordered the BlackBerry charging cradle for the Style last night from the BB website. They now have them in stock - cost is $29.99.
    12-04-10 08:36 AM
    I too have been looking for decent holster for my Style. Figured ones with the sleeper function will EVENTUALLY come out, but in the mean time, got a "Nite Ize Universal Clip Case Sideways (Medium)" for $7 on Amazon. That will do for now. It is alright. Not a perfect fit, but seems secure on my belt.

Also, just placed an order for a Charging pod from Shopblackberry.com. No one else has them in stock yet. Thought as I was going through the order process at shopbb, I would get a "not in stock" yet. That didn't happen! Hopefully I will have it next week!
    12-04-10 04:29 PM
    I've gotten the charging pod and it works really well. Love being able to just put it in the cradle to charge instead of pluging it in. As far as a holster goes, right now using my old 8330 holster.

12-04-10 08:27 PM
    Its weird that they haven't come out with official accessories for the Style.
    12-05-10 10:39 PM
    Not terribly weird, it is still fairly new on the market, after all. Looks like I'll probably be picking a Style up, myself.

12-06-10 01:29 AM
    Not terribly weird, it is still fairly new on the market, after all. Looks like I'll probably be picking a Style up, myself.

Hasn't it been out for a month?
    12-06-10 02:46 AM
    They are really draggig their feet about making accessories for the Style. No good cases that I know of, I'm using one of the snap on covers for now, as I hate to get even the slightest scratch on my devices! The pouches that came with my Bold,s work but I'd like a fitted leather or Otter case for mine.

Yeah, I got an invisible shield for mine. Hopefully  and Otterbox get on the ball with cases!

12-06-10 12:26 PM
    the black leather case with orange trimming sold at sprint stores or sprint.com works very nicely. It's a little stiff at first but after a few uses it loosens up for ease of access.
    12-06-10 04:45 PM
    Yea but I'd hate to shell out $20 or $30 for a "pouch" when the one that comes with the Bold works fine. But thats assuming a lot of us had the Bold before we got the Style. I would love an Otter or Body Glove for Christmas!! I do have a 2 toned black fade to silver snap on case on it right now, but it has no clip. Its been nearly 2 months, seems like they'd have a bigger selection by now...

12-20-10 09:43 AM
    OtterBox just posted the Commuter case for the Style. I called and they have no word on when release but in line with same price as all commuter cases. $34.95

BlackBerry Style Cases, BlackBerry Style Commuter Series Case // OtterBox.com

12-20-10 10:25 PM
    I sent a email to otter box yesterday here's their response. BlackBerry Style Cases, BlackBerry Style Commuter Series Case // OtterBox.com hope this helps
    12-20-10 10:41 PM
    I had a few cases until I found one on the Sprint website,$ 34.99. You can probably find it somewhere a little cheaper. I like the case, magnet holds good, no sleeper fuction though oh well...low profile case, close to the hip. Excellent case for my Style .
    Leather Pouch BlackBerry Style 9670 - Item # CFB1230R

The pouch is crafted of fine genuine leather and will protect your Blackberry Style 9670 device securely. Equipped with a low profile belt clip and magnetic closure. Black.
    12-22-10 08:27 AM
    I hope somebody can help me.

I'll be upgrading to a Sprint BB Style in the near future, and I'd like to find a good case for it.

But I do NOT want a hard case or a sleeve.

This is the case I'm using on my current phone, an LG Lotus:

So far, this is the closest I've found to that form for the Blackberry Style:

Does anyone know if there's something closer to the former than the latter... or even if (with a little surgery) I might be able to use my existing case?

The whole reason I'm planning to get the Style is that it's the ONLY smartphone that has the clamshell form. I can't stand the slider or candy bar format, else I'd be getting a Palm Pre...
    01-10-11 02:43 AM
    If you don't mind me asking----Where did you find that one case you have shown in your foto
    01-10-11 10:47 AM
    I found the LG one at Amazon and the second one at discountcell.com
    01-10-11 01:31 PM
    I use the pouch for the Curve. It fits well and the sleep function works if you put it in the pouch face out. Have seen major battery improvement since using it.
    01-10-11 08:28 PM
    Curve = Candy Bar
    Style = Clamshell

Apples and Oranges.

A Candy Bar form phone is best suited to a pouch. A Clamshell phone isn't.

My opinion, of course. Your mileage may vary.
    Last edited by AdmiralSirJohn; 01-10-11 at 08:35 PM.
    01-10-11 08:33 PM
    I use the pouch for the Curve. It fits well and the sleep function works if you put it in the pouch face out. Have seen major battery improvement since using it.
    How long of a difference in battery life have you seen with the sleep holster? Does it also automatically open messages when you pull it out of the case? I just picked up a Style for my wife and I 3 days ago and the battery life has been pretty bad. I've heard that it should get better after a week of charging (I leave it on the charger all night). I ordered a cheap plastic holster that I'm still waiting to get from Amazon. I plan to attempt to rig a sleep magnet to it from a broken holster I have from my Tour. I'm hoping that can help the battery as I assumed the external display has to use at least some battery life, especially if it pops on every time you bump the volume rocker! I originally got my wife a Sprint Curve 3G but she didn't like it. My wife works in a poor service area and with the Curve off of the charger at 7am, she got home at 4pm and had 15% battery with literally no use! I wish there was a way to force roam because that cant cut it. She only worked a half day today and still got home at the same time and the Style had 55% though the last 3hrs were in good service areas. I can imagine similar to the Curve had she been at work all day. I have done everything I can to increase battery life (50% screen brightness, Facebook refresh @ 3hrs, etc). I understand this phone has a small battery but I'm still hopeful the battery comes to life after a few more chargers... my Tour would normally be anywhere from 60-70% after 16hrs of decent use. I would be happy if the Style would even be at 20% after this amount of time as opposed to having to charge during the day. Sorry to rant haha.
    AdmiralSirJohn likes this.
    01-11-11 01:10 AM
    Almost thinkin' about going Commando with mine, hate to cover that bad boy up, or bulk it up since i carry it in my front pocket...may go with the Zagg thing for external scratches etc...that should tacky it up a little too so I wont be prone to dropping it as much...I hope
    01-11-11 12:32 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD