Hi, I have searched for this in the forums - and maybe i have typed something in wrong but cant find how to do this - the nearest I got was to go to phone options - general options and hide my number but this does not exist on my 8310 ...

Can anyone help and let me know how I hide my number on the 8310 so that when I dial out the receiving party cannot see my telephone number?

Thanks millions in advance

Clive
    07-28-08 02:12 AM
    Hi all again,

Since everywhere I read about this GENERAL OPTIONS setting I have performed a battery pull and it is still not there -- the only options I have are from the main Menu and in the TODAY theme they come up as Settings - going into settings I have the following list

About
    Advanced Options
    Auto On/Off
    Autotext
    Bluetooth
    Date/Time
    MMS
    Mobile Network
    Owner
    Screen/Keyboard
    security Options
    SMS
    Spell Check
    Status
    Theme
    Voice Dialling

There is no general settings??

Under Advanced options I have

Applications
    Browser
    Browser Push
    Call Broadcast
    Default Services
    Enterprise Activation
    GPS
    Host Routing Table
    Service Book
    SIM Card
    TCP

Again no general settings ....

Please can someone point me in the direction of where the phone sdettings are? Tried to look under the profile as could not find it anywhere else and nothing about hiding my number there either .. is the phone borken it is only a few weeks old ...

Thanks again
    Clive
    07-28-08 02:43 AM
    go to "options" then click "general options" and turn on "restrict my identity"

good luck.
    07-28-08 02:44 AM
    LOL you posted your reply right before i did.

open up your call log,from there click on "options" and then that will open up a screen titled "phone "options"
    07-28-08 02:47 AM
    go to "options" then click "general options" and turn on "restrict my identity"

good luck.
    But where is GENERAL options? as you can see from the above there are no general options (unless I am going mad) on my phone ... where are the general options?

Thanks
    Clive
    07-28-08 02:48 AM
    LOL you posted your reply right before i did.

open up your call log,from there click on "options" and then that will open up a screen titled "phone "options"
    Ah Ha! you are a life saver ...... I would never have got that in a million years .... all sorted now it has been explained to me ... you have set my dasy right hehe ...

Again many many thanks

Clive
    07-28-08 02:51 AM
    step 1. open call log
    step 2. press application button
    step 3. scroll down "options" - new window opens titled "phone options"
    step 4. click on "general options"
    step 5. scroll down to "restrict my identity"
    step 6. click yes "always"
    07-28-08 02:53 AM
    hahaha again my slow response time has foiled me.
    07-28-08 02:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD