My girlfriend's T-mo 8520 has developed some very strange problems this evening. So far:

1. The "o" key no longer works
    2. The phone only recognizes 1 button at a time. eg., holding alt and pressing v results in nothing, but pressing alt then pressing v gets you a question mark. Same for both shift keys
    3. When the phone's backlight goes off, the only thing that will light it back up is pressing the end/power button for 1 second.

The phone has not been dropped or exposed to liquids or anything. It was sitting in the living room. Did a battery pull, no improvement. Anybody have any ideas?
    12-02-10 09:10 PM
    Update: Ok, getting better maybe... button combos and the o key are working... but not from the home screen. Did another battery pull, no improvement.

Can a Blackberry get a virus?
    12-02-10 09:23 PM
    The "holding down two buttons NOT working" I don't know about BUT SEND-MENU(BBBUTON)-OPTIONS-GENERAL OPTIONS-DIAL FROM HOME SCREEN-YES will allow you to dial O (+). IF the theme you use has "hot keys" the O will work ONLY if you select NO for "dial from home screen"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mcaples; 12-02-10 at 09:42 PM.
    12-02-10 09:40 PM
    Have you upgraded the OS or added any new apps?
    12-02-10 10:02 PM
    "Dial from home screen" is set to yes, and works with every other letter. Additionally, when using that feature, I can add an O, I just can't start with an O.

So I know it's not a hardware issue (bad keyboard, etc), as it's very consistent.
    12-02-10 10:03 PM
    No recent updates or new apps, not in at least 2 weeks.
    12-02-10 10:10 PM
    It sounds like the keys have been reconfigured somehow. I know on my Torch if I have Empower enabled on my email the menu key will not work in an open message. It works fine in the message list.
    12-02-10 10:26 PM
    I'm having this very same issue and it has only started yesterday.

1. When I'm typing and I press 'del', it either does nothing or erases the entire line.
    2. When I'm typing, the letter 'o' doesn't always show.
    3. When the backlight goes out, I have to hold down the end-call key for it to reappear.
    4. Sometimes I can't even get to the menu because the keys aren't allowing me to.

Does anyone else have this issue? Does anyone have a solution?
    Last edited by ediago; 12-03-10 at 11:10 AM.
    12-03-10 11:07 AM
    Probably a stupid question but my volume up button doesn't work anymore, is there a way turn it up without using the button? I swear I've done it before I just can't remember

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 10:58 AM
    This problem now occurs with practically my entire keypad. My 8520 is almost like a touchscreen now... I don't even need to press the keys for it to begin typing... If i slightly run my finger over most keys now, they type instantly.
    05-16-11 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD