Hello all. Well, you asked for it and I am happy to announce MessageScheduler: a new application for the BlackBerry that allows you to schedule e-mails and PIN messages to sent automatically at a future date and time. Unfortunately, SMS messages will not be supported at this time due to extreme limitations in the BlackBerry API.

MessageScheduler bridges an important gap in the built in email program on your BlackBerry device. Now you will be able to schedule emails and PIN messages to be delivered exactly when you want it to be sent. MessageScheduler will integrate tightly into the existing mail application so as to provide a seamless user experience.

MessageScheduler - $8.95 via Crackberry Store
    Free 7 day trial available.

Option to schedule a message.

Set any date or time in the future.

Scheduled messages show the clock icon indicating they are awaiting delivery.

-Zaventh
    Last edited by zaventh; 07-29-08 at 09:37 PM.
    07-27-08 07:44 PM
    I don't have the coding skills but I thought of this too! I did!

Great work man, this sounds aweosme.
    07-29-08 04:30 AM
    This has been working flawlessly for the last 24hrs... Nice piece of software
    07-29-08 05:19 AM
    Nice I cant wait til I get home to try it! If anyone finds any bugs please post.
    07-29-08 07:30 AM
    I am really excited about this one. Glad to see one of my posting idea cames to life
    07-29-08 07:47 AM
    This is so awesome! Now I can schedule a "I'm sick today" message to be delivered in the morning when I'm really just passed out drunk.
    07-29-08 08:11 AM
    Would you like another beta tester for this product? Would be glad to give you feedback on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 08:20 AM
    Please let me know if you'd like another beta tester. I have extensive beta testing experience.

07-29-08 10:40 AM
    This is so awesome! Now I can schedule a "I'm sick today" message to be delivered in the morning when I'm really just passed out drunk.

Way to funny!!! LOL
    07-29-08 10:42 AM
    ;-) If zaventh wrote the application with this intention...?? ;-)
    But: WELL DONE! Great, stable application; keep up the good work!
    07-29-08 10:54 AM
    I wanna test as well!
    07-29-08 10:59 AM
    ;-) If zaventh wrote the application with this intention...?? ;-)
    But: WELL DONE! Great, stable application; keep up the good work!
    Hey, put me on the beta list...I'll let everyone know if I get in sh*t the next day at work

This was SO designed for me.
    07-29-08 12:45 PM
    Hi. I initiated a thread about your product on the BBF site as well. I am very interested in the product when it becomes available.
    07-29-08 01:25 PM
    Hello all,

Thank you all for your interest in MessageScheduler. I regret not all of you could be official beta testers due to the large response I received, but at least the wait is over.

MessageScheduler bridges an important gap in the built in email program on your BlackBerry device. Now you will be able to schedule emails and PIN messages to be delivered exactly when you want it to be sent.
    MessageScheduler - $8.95 via Crackberry Store
    Free 7 day trial available.

Enjoy.

-Z
    Last edited by zaventh; 07-29-08 at 09:34 PM.
    07-29-08 09:22 PM
    The Web blog said there was a beta available. I'd be interested in it if it's still available.

JerryD

07-30-08 06:18 AM
    For anyone interested in purchasing this app, let me be the 1st to say right here that registering AFTER the trial period was a P.I.T.A!

I kept clicking on "Schedule Send" and nothing would happen. I'm thinking wow- all I want to do is register it.

Here's what you have to do to get to the registration window
    • Compose an email, then save it (dont send).
    • Now click menu, then schedule send.
    • Now you will get a small pop up that says trial has expired
    • Now you can enter your registration number.

I was about ready to see who I needed to contact to get my money back.

In the description of MessageScheduler it says:

Using MessageScheduler is easy: simply save your message as a draft and schedule it to be sent directly from your mail menu!

But it doesnt tell you that you must do the same thing to register it.
    08-07-08 10:19 PM
    Hi ScandaLeX,

I can see how that could be confusing. The next update will definitely resolve this issue.

-Z
    08-08-08 06:34 AM
    Hello zaventh,

Is the license of the software transferable? Thank you.

Jono
    08-13-08 10:07 AM
    Hello zaventh,

Is the license of the software transferable? Thank you.

Jono
    Hi Jono,

The license is transferable at any time. All you'd have to do is send an e-mail to support @ zaventh.net with your old and new PIN.
    08-13-08 11:32 AM
    Very nice software. I downloaded it, played with it for a bit then bought it. It was easy to register.

I won't use it daily, maybe not weekly but it is nice to have. I can see using it when I pick up my BB at 3:00am, write an email and don't want to have people asking why I was online at 3:00am. (Probably better than the drunk usage)
    08-13-08 09:41 PM
    I am using the trial. My question is whether it is eating my battery while it is waiting to send. Because it is in the pending mode.
    09-05-08 10:35 AM
    It may use a little bit more but shouldnt use much based on what it has to do to delay the message.
    09-05-08 10:56 AM
    I am using the trial. My question is whether it is eating my battery while it is waiting to send. Because it is in the pending mode.
    Hi,

Thanks for your interest in MessageScheduler. The logic to schedule a message is actually extremely optimized. You could literally scheduling dozens of pending messages and not have any measurable impact on the battery life.

-Zaventh
    09-06-08 11:26 AM
    i cant get it to work on my Storm... I loved this small yet immeasurably useful app. on my Pearl 8130, and would like to be able to use it on my 9530... any advice?
    01-02-09 08:03 AM
    i cant get it to work on my Storm... I loved this small yet immeasurably useful app. on my Pearl 8130, and would like to be able to use it on my 9530... any advice?
    Hi,

An update was just released this morning (v1.0.3) that fixes the Storm. Just redownload it from your account and you should be set.

-Zaventh
    01-02-09 06:25 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD