Hi All.

I just picked up a new 9800 the other day, my first Blackberry... everything is working great, I'm very happy with it overall.

The one problem I'm having though - after I set up my IMAP work email on the phone, it started receiving new messages that arrived AFTER I set up the account. But any new email that was sitting in my account that came in BEFORE I setup IMAP on the phone won't show up (there are several undread messages in my inbox right now).

I assume this is simply because the email service on the phone started after the existing 'new' messages in my inbox, and it won't retreive them because it sees the date as 'old.'

There doesn't seem to be any options on retreiving older messages (I'm used to Windows Mobile where you can set a date range for what messages you want to retreive).

The only solution I found here, was simply moving the Email out of the Inbox, marking as Unread, and the moving back... which is fine, just curious if there is any other way?

Thanks for your help!

Mike.
    12-02-10 12:45 PM
    Doesn't really exist because it's not an inbox "sync" in the traditional sense. BBs try to minimize the amount of data necessary. So it only pushes newer "changes" to and from the device, whereas some other platforms sync the entire inbox for changes every single time (or a date range).

With a BB, it only has to push whatever mail is new or changed, which uses less data.
    12-02-10 12:57 PM
    I believe what you are talking about is only possible over BES not BIS.

Only way that I know of to get around that, if you are using a Gmail address, is to install the Gmail app. From the app you can access all emails, including those under labels.
    12-02-10 12:58 PM
    That's what I figured was happening. I appreciate the help guys... not syncing the entire inbox (or date range there of) is a much better idea, it chewed up a huge amount of data on WinMobile to sync a week of headers several times a day.

Mike.
    12-02-10 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD