As always everyone is trying to make a quick buck whenever and whatever they can. The ability to launch more than 1 short cut on torch should be mandatory but I guess I'm gonna have to live with this.

So is there a tool like six tools that will do this? I don't want to pay for it. The phone cost too much already.
    12-01-10 07:17 PM
    Im trying to make a quick buck? I put a lot of work into SixTools.

Why not spend the time to learn BB programming, write it, then release it for free for everyone?
    12-01-10 07:31 PM
    Im trying to make a quick buck? I put a lot of work into SixTools.

Why not spend the time to learn BB programming, write it, then release it for free for everyone?
    +1
    just buy it, its cheap and well worth it
    12-01-10 07:36 PM
    As always everyone is trying to make a quick buck whenever and whatever they can. The ability to launch more than 1 short cut on torch should be mandatory but I guess I'm gonna have to live with this.

So is there a tool like six tools that will do this? I don't want to pay for it. The phone cost too much already.
    nothing in this world is free my friend.......this so happen to be one of the most popular and best tools APP for any BB today............if u dont like it, then simply dont use it, and develope your own. this guy work very hard o this app for months.....so relax!!!!!!!!!!
    12-01-10 07:38 PM
    James,

With the right approach, Shao, probably would have hooked you up with a copy, BUT, his app development is FAR from "making a quick buck"! Many hours go in to developing a BB app, and not JUST on his part, he also has many members of the CB community who help him by beta testing the application. As I recall SixTools took several months to get released and probably STILL is being worked on (it will be updated I'm sure). Besides his paid apps, Shao has also provided the CB community (the BB community) with some free apps too, his FlashON app for example come right to mind. Also he gives away plenty of copies of his paid apps too. He gives copies to those who test for him and provide good feedback, and he also has contests and giveaways that appear on the CB Front page.

OK I will get off of the soapbox, but I just HAD to say something!
    12-01-10 07:45 PM
    The app is very well worth the cost. I admit it might be a bit misleading for me to say that since I got the app free for beta testing, but the Sixtools is well worth the cost which isn't unreasonable at all. The amount of time he put into it along with the functionality makes it a good use of a few dollars. I don't buy apps often and when I do I sometimes regret it, but if I had to pay for sixtools I wouldn't hesitate to pay a bit more than what it's selling it for.
    12-01-10 07:59 PM
    Honestly with those choice of words I would say maybe its time for you to switch phone platforms since the Torch 9800 is already "costing you too much"
    12-01-10 08:03 PM
    Hey if u look around I'm sure there is what ur looking for. There's almost an app for everything these days

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-10 08:05 PM
    Also he gives away plenty of copies of his paid apps too. He gives copies to those who test for him and provide good feedback, and he also has contests and giveaways that appear on the CB Front page.
    Yes he did!!
    Won myself one and it's the sweeeeeeetest thing ever for the torch!!

would have paid for it newez if i dint win it.
    12-01-10 08:38 PM
    Six tools is worth twice what is being charged for it. beta tested it, got it for free, and I personally have bought and installed it on 3 of my friends torch's.

I recommend it to anyone that I see using a torch these days. It really is that good and well worth the price.

Anyone that wants something like an app for free, just doesn't understand the process of r&d and the time and effort it takes to bring something like this to the masses.
    12-01-10 09:12 PM
    My apologies. I didn't mean to offend any developers out there. The only useful feature in sixtools for me is the ability to assign app launch to volume up/down buttons. I have bought quicklaunch which i use heavily but because you can't bring up virtual keyboard at home screen I'd have to slide the phone open and use spacebar. With sixtools it allows me to bring up quicklaunch with one of the volume buttons. But since I only use this one feature I'm still deciding whether it's worth it for me.

Thanks
    12-01-10 10:59 PM
    I released an app ExtraKeys which is just the shortcut feature from Sixtools, and that's only $2.
    12-01-10 11:09 PM
    I have bought quicklaunch which i use heavily but because you can't bring up virtual keyboard at home screen I'd have to slide the phone open and use spacebar. With sixtools it allows me to bring up quicklaunch with one of the volume buttons.
    Assign QL to the convenience key perhaps, and just stick the camera launch through QL itself??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-10 12:06 AM
    +1, SixTools is worth every cent. I also only use the additional convenience keys (and the slider sounds for jux), but still I don't feel like I have been ripped off.
    12-02-10 12:19 AM
    +1
    just buy it, its cheap and well worth it
    I second this.

I had the trial version and at first I thought it was just a lite version then it stopped working, so I transferred money to my paypal and just bought it yesterday. I love it!
    12-02-10 06:56 AM
    NO PUBLICITY IS BAD PUBLICITY!

Because of all this ranting - i just bought the app last night simply because i wanted to assign an app to my mute button at the top!!

$2.99. Serious? People are worried about spending $3 on app? The amount of time you waste looking for a free app, downloading two or three of them, installing, running them, not liking them, uninstalling and hoping you haven't messed your phone up... is it really worth avoiding spending the $3?

If you bought a Starbucks latte, you'd be speding more. Pretend you're buying you're old friend 'Torch' a coffee!
    pkcable and Shao128 like this.
    12-02-10 07:36 AM
    6tools ftw.
    12-02-10 06:05 PM
    NO PUBLICITY IS BAD PUBLICITY!

Because of all this ranting - i just bought the app last night simply because i wanted to assign an app to my mute button at the top!!

$2.99. Serious? People are worried about spending $3 on app? The amount of time you waste looking for a free app, downloading two or three of them, installing, running them, not liking them, uninstalling and hoping you haven't messed your phone up... is it really worth avoiding spending the $3?

If you bought a Starbucks latte, you'd be speding more. Pretend you're buying you're old friend 'Torch' a coffee!
    Good on you.
    12-02-10 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD