Last week I downloaded and installed the Verizon update for my Storm 2, 5.0.0.1015

Since DM manager does not back up and save 3rd apps, I used Blackberry Swiss Army knife to back those up and reinstall

Now when ever the phone needs to be reset/reboot/battery pull the following error message is displayed:

Uncaught exception:
    java.lang.NuIIPointerException

The only other minor fault I find with the phone is that the clock no longer displays when the phone is charging as it did previously. Yes, I do have that option selected.

Other than that I don't notice any other quirks with the phone but would like to track down the source of the exception error.

Thanks
    12-01-10 11:23 AM
    I would do a back up in DM
    wipe the device and re install the OS... and reload all apps manually after that.

The error you are getting means bad data/syncronization

this could be the reason the clock doesnt come on when charging.
    12-01-10 11:26 AM
    Last week I downloaded and installed the Verizon update for my Storm 2, 5.0.0.1015

Since DM manager does not back up and save 3rd apps, I used Blackberry Swiss Army knife to back those up and reinstall

Now when ever the phone needs to be reset/reboot/battery pull the following error message is displayed:

Uncaught exception:
    java.lang.NuIIPointerException

The only other minor fault I find with the phone is that the clock no longer displays when the phone is charging as it did previously. Yes, I do have that option selected.

Other than that I don't notice any other quirks with the phone but would like to track down the source of the exception error.

Thanks
    Reinstall the OS and the clock is known and already been addressed. Here is a recent post. Good luck.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/just-updated-os-clock-won-t-show-558918/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-10 11:44 AM
    Try a battery pull as well before you go and reinstall the OS. I have gotten that error after using QuickPull and a battery pull gets rid of it.
    12-01-10 12:53 PM
    I got the same exact error. So far the only issue I have is with quicklaunch. It doesn't add anything to the menu. Battery pull just fixed this but I too don't get the clock when inserting the charger. Is there any other way other than wiping the device. This update seriously screwed my phone up. For the first time ever in my life I had to get a replacement. I'm seriously considering jumping ship. I know verizon doesn't care about the storm2 but seriously, don't screw your customers because of it. Oh wait, never mind it's verizon they're supposed to do that.
    12-04-10 11:14 AM
    I am no expert but I will share the steps I did to get rid of the exception error. It turned out to be an issue with my address book. There were some contacts that could not be manually deleted on the handset. This also caused an issue when syncing with Outlook, and Verizon's Back up Assistant no longer worked.

I spent a couple of days installing/deleting software - the weather is cold and yucky and I am on vacation so what the heck.

Everything is fixed except for a minor issue I will live with - when plugging the hand set into the AC adapter, the clock does not display. When I plug the USB cable into the handset for backup, sync etc, the clock DOES come on. Weird.

1) Perform a full back up of the handset

2) Perform a security wipe and choose the option to only wipe contacts, calendar, tasks - Do not wipe 3rd party apps.

3) After the phone reboots turn on the connections/radio to receive data.

4) From your BIS server send the phone the service books

5) On your handset set Default Services ==> OPTIONS ==> ADVANCED OPTIONS ==> (if you don't do this you will have problems syncing with Outlook if you are a user

6) Turn on Mass Storage Mode and turn off MTP. You might want to enable MASS STORAGE MODE WHEN CONNECTED OPTIONS==>MEMORY

7) Perform a sync from your computer to handheld of address book, tasks, memo pad etc

8) Use DM to restore email, sms, MMS if you desire

The above steps assume there is no corrupt data in your Outlook (or other source) information.

You will have to manually reset all your personal options & time zone.

Of course once your satisfied everything is fixed, back it up.

Verizon's back up assistant is once again working on my phone.

One other tip for Storm 2 users - if you have not purchased the 2600mA extended battery and cover set. You might want to consider this. I can now make it thru a long day without haviing to get a quick recharge somewhere. I purchased mine from blackberrysource.com

I also purchased a holster from Verizon #RIM9550HOL for $20.00 The phone snaps in face first so the fatter battery is not an issue, and the holster puts the phone in sleep mode when its installed.

Good Luck
    12-04-10 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD