I noticed that folks would ask about the camera autofocus function and barcode scanner..both work as they should. the green autofocus box comes up when you use the dedicated camera button on the side and the barcode scanner works just fine..no need to install any patch/cods using bbsak

enjoy the hybrid and please leave some feedback accordingly

Version 2- Changelog/ Improvements over BTHM .358 V1 :

-sms/mms forwarding works
    -added .357 cods
    -slight overall improvements

Entire Java Folder:
    -Delete existing base java folder
    -replace with hybrid java folder

Bugs:
    -still no visible cursor in sms, or bbm

: Please leave feedback as this is the first version of this hybrid series and it would definitely help for future versions.

Instructions:
    -backup phone

-follow these instructions:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f224/lo...-first-543077/

-delete/uninstall existing os folder
    -have base OS6 .358 for 9700 installed on pc
    -download BTHM OS6 (.344/.357/.358/.359) Version 2 changed cods
    -copy contents of hybrid folder and replace the cods in the base java folder(C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9700M_v6.0.0.358_P6.6.0.63\**)
    -go to apploader(C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader), make sure vendor file is deleted
    -run loader
    -highlight the apps etc you would like to install on the phone then run the program.

**** It is very important that you follow the instructions exactly to get the best results. Especially in the restoration part of the files etc****

-do a couple battery pulls(how ever u feel necessary) and allow a couple or hours to settle in (12hrs) and that should be it..
    -enjoy and leave feedback

Someone suggested that I create a paypal account for anyone who would like to donate out of appreciation and I thought it wasn't a bad idea so i created an account. This is just donation if you choose.. I am not asking anyone for money and I never will...I maintain that feedback is all i will ever ask for, thank you.

[CENTER]P.S You do not need a Pay-Pal Account to donate..

Donations (Optional):

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

full java hybrid folder:Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

This Link contains all the removed files for those trying to recover the backgrounds,ringtones etc:removed files(1).rar
    Last edited by Lkyleobrien; 12-01-10 at 09:45 AM. Reason: uploaded full java folder
    12-01-10 06:57 AM
    Can I just side-load these cods with BBSAK instead of doing an entire install again?
    12-01-10 07:47 AM
    Thanks Kyle! Will load this tonight!
    12-01-10 07:56 AM
    So far so good, but then we all know better than to judge without a few battery pulls and a few days to have passed...
    12-01-10 08:47 AM
    Can I just side-load these cods with BBSAK instead of doing an entire install again?
    I tried this once and to be honest it didn't turn out well

I ended up wiping the phone and restarting anyway. If you find a way of doing it fine but I would recommend that you just add the files to the Java Folder and click Accept All when you get the duplicate item pop up. Then double click the install.exe.

Mine is already done and dusted, just have to tap in the Reg. codes for the apps and I am good to go.
    12-01-10 08:49 AM
    Would you upload the entire java folder that you shrunk? That would be great.
    12-01-10 08:56 AM
    Thanks again Kyle.. Will load now..!
    12-01-10 09:07 AM
    If anyone would like me to upload the entire java folder, which is shrunk and optimized for installation then let me know..but here is just the changed cods that are to be applied to the base java folder ONLY
    Hey brien, would you mind doing that? Thanks for this new version too anyways
    12-01-10 09:36 AM
    i recommend doing it fully..if u load up just the changed cods its not goin to run right and plus some files got changed back to 358...i recommend doin it the right, full way
    12-01-10 09:37 AM
    i uploaded the full java folder...
    12-01-10 09:39 AM
    Thanks Kyle! Will load this tonight!
    no prob man.. hope its better than v1
    12-01-10 09:40 AM
    THANKS KYLE!!! re-installing again now with this java folder... i noticed that i have 118mbs with just live msn
    12-01-10 10:13 AM
    Everything Works Now! Excellent! And the browser! OMG! It's really fast! What did you do!

I'll let it sit for a few hours to monitor the battery and the memory!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-10 10:36 AM
    Forwarding sms/mms now works.. Browsing to engadget.com is fast..
    Great work Kyle..!
    Thanks..
    12-01-10 11:18 AM
    thanks mann.. great job once again!!
    12-01-10 11:21 AM
    I tried this once and to be honest it didn't turn out well

I ended up wiping the phone and restarting anyway. If you find a way of doing it fine but I would recommend that you just add the files to the Java Folder and click Accept All when you get the duplicate item pop up. Then double click the install.exe.

Mine is already done and dusted, just have to tap in the Reg. codes for the apps and I am good to go.
    Can you PM me some Reg.Codes ...
    12-01-10 11:35 AM
    Everything Works Now! Excellent! And the browser! OMG! It's really fast! What did you do!

I'll let it sit for a few hours to monitor the battery and the memory!

lol wow thats some kinda feedback...

i built on something that was already great..if it aint broke dont fix it..

this hybrid is a slight modification over the previous to iron out certain issues and improve on everything overall..

after all i cannot let my loyal followers down. hope everyone has a pleasant experience using this hybrid
    12-01-10 01:21 PM
    So Far:

- Boot-up time is the fastest yet, I'm shocked every time I use Quickpull how fast it starts up
    - Memory Stable
    - Overall navigation has no issues

I'll report back on battery life, memory changes etc. but so far I'm very impressed

Thanks Kyle
    12-01-10 02:06 PM
    mann jst now successfully recoverin all my contacts,groups etc and the greatest thing bout v2 is when I'm opening picts in recent updates its not killin my memory 'simple word is no leaks memory at all'
    dangg this is great braderr!!OVERALL more sleekly thn before.this is actually improved all perform in v1 & ussualy we called it 'the truly UPGRADE'

12-01-10 02:16 PM
    has anyone tried this hybrid on the curve 9300 yet? i dont have a tester for that but if the changed files are applied over the base .358, which is the same number as 9700 then it just might work..anyone gonna take the plunge?
    12-01-10 04:48 PM
    Kyle,

ill give this a go right now, but last hybrid i was finding that the options menu/messages menu was scrolling very choppy and seemed un-polished. Any issues with that in this hybrid and did you notice it before? Not saying the hybrid was anything but fab but this is how we make an ever better hybrid next round
    12-01-10 05:44 PM
    Upon running loader, This is showing up as a downgrade for me. Can someone confirm that this is correct? Thanks!

edit: I forgot to add, I was originally running Version 1 of this hybrid.
    Last edited by a93hunt; 12-01-10 at 06:48 PM.
    12-01-10 06:23 PM
    Upon running loader, This is showing up as a downgrade for me. Can someone confirm that this is correct? Thanks!

edit: I forgot to add, I was originally running Version 1 of this hybrid.
    Yes it was also a "downgrade" for me when I ran the LOADER coming from the V1 version.
    A93hunt likes this.
    12-01-10 06:50 PM
    Its always gonna show as a downgrade because of the addition of 344 and 357 files where 358 cods used to be. That's ok though

12-01-10 07:06 PM
    **Subscribed**
    12-01-10 07:45 PM
182 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD