Ok, I have an Android device. My wife has a BB Curve 3G.

My wife has a little trouble keeping track of her phone. So far, we've been able to locate it by just calling it. But, that may not last long. Also, if she leaves it somewhere someone is eventually gonna walk away with it without our permission.

What I wanna do is be able to install an app on her phone that runs in the background and will allow us to locate it via gps. Either on another BB, a PC, or preferably my Android device. I realize it won't pinpoint it's exact location within 3 feet, but it would at least tell us if she left it at home, at a friends home, or it's driving down the freeway in someone else's vehicle.

Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so what app would do that?
    11-30-10 12:24 PM
    The answer you seek is Blackberry Protect..
    11-30-10 12:45 PM
    11-30-10 01:28 PM
    Thank you, I will definitely check this out.
    11-30-10 01:30 PM
    Smrtguard isn't bad but tends to decrease battery life by about extra 15% a day
    11-30-10 01:33 PM
    I just use a leash for my g/f............. lol ok the joke was there and someone had to make it :P
    11-30-10 01:39 PM
    LookOut does the same thing. It's for all three major platforms.
    11-30-10 01:45 PM
    There are quite a handful of programs that will do that. Maybe another thing you might wanna try (given that you're worried about her losing it, and not where she is ;-) ) is there is a bluetooth "bracelet" adapter. It will vibrate on your wrist whenever you get a notification and will also vibrate when you're out of range of the bluetooth (generally, about 30 ft) so therefore you wont be able to leave a building without realizing you don't have it.
    Last edited by breakmedown; 11-30-10 at 02:26 PM. Reason: changed a word
    11-30-10 02:25 PM
    I just use a leash for my g/f............. lol ok the joke was there and someone had to make it :P
    I'll neither deny or confirm the allegation insinuated here.....
    11-30-10 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD