Hey everyone!

It's been a while since we last spoke on the Crackberry forums and I thought this would be a perfect time to start an official thread. Feel free to ask any questions, post up your Ping ID and/or enjoy a pleasant conversation about the app.

We are currently in the midst of launching our new discovery feature w/ a ton of bug fixes and emoticons for all.

Don't hesitate to post criticism/concerns because as a company/app we can only grow and improve.

-Enflick inc.
    @Darlington

--------------------------------------------------PingChat! Info--------------------------------------------------------------
    PingChat! lets you send and receive instant messages, pictures, video, locations and voice notes with your data plan or wifi connection. Best of all, it's completely FREE and available on iPhone/Android/Blackberry.

Works on all Devices
    PingChat! makes it easy for friends to stay connected! We are currently available on the Android, Blackberry and iOS platforms. This means that PingChat! can be installed on hundreds of different devices! Seamless integration allows users to chat smoothly across all platforms.

Always Online
    There is no concept of signing in or signing out in PingChat!, unlike other instant messaging platforms. Once you install PingChat! and register your PingChat! ID, you will be always be online. This is great because you don't have to wait for your contacts to sign in to be able to chat with them.

Push Notifications
    We use our own private push servers to send you push notifications whenever a new message is received! Whether it be a vibrate or a beep you will always know when you have a new message! Best of all, you are always connected!
    Full Media Support
    PingChat! supports the sending of videos, pictures, and voice notes! Also new, send your location to any of your friends and family!

Group Chat
    PingChat! is the only cross platform messaging application to offer flawless group chat integration. Chat with one friend or chat with ten! You can even send media in group chats and there is no limitation to what devices can join in!
    Last edited by Enflick; 12-02-10 at 01:29 PM.
    Barljo likes this.
    11-30-10 11:22 AM
    here's my question: why no support for Storm 2
    11-30-10 11:28 AM
    wish you all the luck in the world the basics are all good and as you
    say its only going to improve
    11-30-10 11:33 AM
    here's my question: why no support for Storm 2
    We only have 1 Blackberry developer who is swamped as it is. We will launch a Storm update once we get a chance or hire new devs!
    11-30-10 11:38 AM
    So: the "S" means delivered? "R" means it has been read correct?
    One comment I do have is the file read system. It locks up my phone trying to select a pic to send to a friend. Any way to improve that? I only have about 1,000 pics.

Thanks.
    11-30-10 11:43 AM
    So: the "S" means delivered? "R" means it has been read correct?
    One comment I do have is the file read system. It locks up my phone trying to select a pic to send to a friend. Any way to improve that? I only have about 1,000 pics.

Thanks.
    Yep that's correct! We will be re-working the media system in a future update. 1000 is a lot more than the average user!
    11-30-10 11:53 AM
    ive used cnectd for blackberry and iphone
    ive used kik for blackberry (when available) and iphone

all of those suck compare to pingchat.

ive heard of it for a while but never made a move until a friend of mine was complaining how me and my group of friends have a bbm group (jealous android dude) so we got pingchat and have been loving it ever since.

only beef i have is that, which really isnt a huge problem, is starting a group chat. i have to memorize the id's of my friends then type those in manually whereas on other devices, i believe you just add them from a list? idk

keep up the good work!!
    11-30-10 11:53 AM
    ive used cnectd for blackberry and iphone
    ive used kik for blackberry (when available) and iphone

all of those suck compare to pingchat.

ive heard of it for a while but never made a move until a friend of mine was complaining how me and my group of friends have a bbm group (jealous android dude) so we got pingchat and have been loving it ever since.

only beef i have is that, which really isnt a huge problem, is starting a group chat. i have to memorize the id's of my friends then type those in manually whereas on other devices, i believe you just add them from a list? idk

keep up the good work!!
    We currently have only 1 Blackberry dev, little features like this are a bit delayed behind our other platforms but they will come.
    11-30-10 12:13 PM
    I would like to see the font in pingchat mirror/use the system font. Right now font and the font size are determined by pingchat, I would prefer that it conformed to the system font as I have that set to a size and style that I like and my eyes can't tolerate. The recent increase in size is better than it was but it is still small for me. Additionally, wouldn't letting the system handle fonts remove one area of programming? (I don't know, just asking).

I have noted that way too often messages are not pushed to my phone and I only see them when the app is open (I have push notifications enabled). I could keep the app open but I'm kinda in the habit of using the back key to go back to where I was when I check an app, doing that closes pingchat.

Also, it seems that when pingchat is in the foreground (i.e. open and the app displayed on the screen) and I receive a message, I do not get notification (no LED, no sound). I am not positive about this one as I don't have pingchat in the foreground regularly enough to be definitive at the behavior is consistent.

Thanks for a great app.
    Last edited by RoninKSB; 11-30-10 at 12:41 PM.
    11-30-10 12:38 PM
    I know ping chat is id based but one thing I really liked about other clients is how it scanned my address book and let me know who is using that client.

Its one less headache for me to have to go through and find out who is on ping chat and add them manually.

Would there be any plan to do something like this in the future? I figure if their # is in my address book I can text them anyways.
    12-01-10 10:01 AM
    I would like to see the font in pingchat mirror/use the system font. Right now font and the font size are determined by pingchat, I would prefer that it conformed to the system font as I have that set to a size and style that I like and my eyes can't tolerate. The recent increase in size is better than it was but it is still small for me. Additionally, wouldn't letting the system handle fonts remove one area of programming? (I don't know, just asking).

I have noted that way too often messages are not pushed to my phone and I only see them when the app is open (I have push notifications enabled). I could keep the app open but I'm kinda in the habit of using the back key to go back to where I was when I check an app, doing that closes pingchat.

Also, it seems that when pingchat is in the foreground (i.e. open and the app displayed on the screen) and I receive a message, I do not get notification (no LED, no sound). I am not positive about this one as I don't have pingchat in the foreground regularly enough to be definitive at the behavior is consistent.

Thanks for a great app.
    Will talk to the devs about the possibility of using the system fonts. Mhrmm these are quite odd cases. My best advice would be to attempt a complete re-install. Surprisingly this fixes the majority of bugs most users have.
    12-01-10 10:04 AM
    I know ping chat is id based but one thing I really liked about other clients is how it scanned my address book and let me know who is using that client.

Its one less headache for me to have to go through and find out who is on ping chat and add them manually.

Would there be any plan to do something like this in the future? I figure if their # is in my address book I can text them anyways.
    We will be taking discovery to the NEXT LEVEL in our next update
    12-01-10 10:05 AM
    I like this app - it's really helped me keep in touch with one of my friends who doesn't have a texting plan. Layout is cool (although system font would be favourite!) and it just seems to work.

Look forward to any updates that may or may not happen.

barljo
    12-01-10 11:13 AM
    why is message delivery so slow, its pointless to use over sms if it takes longer to deliver the message in pingchat
    12-01-10 11:26 AM
    why is message delivery so slow, its pointless to use over sms if it takes longer to deliver the message in pingchat
    We generally do not receive complaints about message send speed. What exactly are you referring to? The time it takes to show the S or the time it takes to arrive at the other person's phone?
    12-01-10 11:33 AM
    both, i used kik for a while until it was pulled from appworld and support was stopped, i decided to use ping, i think visually it looks great, but when i tried to message the person i was testing it with it would be sent right away but the d would not be show until minutes later, ive googled this and have seen that people have the same problem with slow delivery on blackberries especially

update: did another test, sent message at 1:10, got the s right away, still only an s at 1:25

as an aside, i also cant verify my phone number, it wont find it and then it never sends the text when i enter it, this program needs major updates
    Last edited by alupo790; 12-01-10 at 01:31 PM.
    12-01-10 12:11 PM
    both, i used kik for a while until it was pulled from appworld and support was stopped, i decided to use ping, i think visually it looks great, but when i tried to message the person i was testing it with it would be sent right away but the d would not be show until minutes later, ive googled this and have seen that people have the same problem with slow delivery on blackberries especially

update: did another test, sent message at 1:10, got the s right away, still only an s at 1:25

as an aside, i also cant verify my phone number, it wont find it and then it never sends the text when i enter it, this program needs major updates
    Oh! Now I see the issue...We haven't enabled the "D" yet so it's more like the S=D. Your messages actually did send immediately...

The verification phone number is still a bit wonky and is always due to the carrier blocking the text.
    12-01-10 03:13 PM
    i dont think so, ive seen the d before after a while... why would you not have the d activated? and my messages may have been sent right away but they were not delivered bc i was sitting right next to the person i was doing the test with and they didnt get the message for quite a while
    12-01-10 03:24 PM
    i dont think so, ive seen the d before after a while... why would you not have the d activated? and my messages may have been sent right away but they were not delivered bc i was sitting right next to the person i was doing the test with and they didnt get the message for quite a while
    I can assure you there is no "D"(Delivered status) yet enabled in PingChat! If your partner is not receiving messages instantly it may be a case of a weak data connection.
    12-01-10 03:50 PM
    I'm seeing S (sent) and R (read). Great app! Thanks for your work on it
    12-01-10 03:57 PM

I have experienced this as well. I have tested it with the contact in the same room and it appears that sometimes it is fast and other times not. And it seems to be inconsistent. I can not say if this solely on the BB client because all my tests have involved a BB user.
    12-01-10 03:59 PM
    I quite love PC and have been using it for a while but it doesn't seem extra friendly with 5.00.1036... When I redownloaded it and went to log in, I just kept clicking the 'Start PingChat' button to no avail! Sad panda...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-10 04:28 PM
    I can't seem to verify my phone number it won't send the text

12-01-10 06:30 PM
    How do we remove our profile pics so that its blank??

12-02-10 10:31 AM
    Oh! Now I see the issue...We haven't enabled the "D" yet so it's more like the S=D. Your messages actually did send immediately...

The verification phone number is still a bit wonky and is always due to the carrier blocking the text.
    Why does the red exclamation mark happen? (network hiccup?)

I got it a few times while talking to the same person actively. I did a resend and that did work.
    12-02-10 11:05 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD