So I decided in an effort to economize (in my own way lol) I would purchase a Galaxy Tab and go back to a regular phone (I would be saving about $30 a month by doing this between phone plan, no insurance and the additional lines only being 10 instead of 20) but I was so wrong. The Galaxy Tab is a nice device and I thought I would be fine with it because I usually take a purse but I have been surprised with how many times I've gone out with a bag too small or just to run to the store or to dinner or something with no bag and I have missed being able to do stuff on my phone at those times. The Tab also while it's not super large it actually is very uncomfortable for me to try and hold in one hand. The final thing was I sold my Evo 2 days ago and was really sad the next day lol so I knew then I had to go back. Luckily I have a line that I can upgrade so I'm going to return my tab and buy another Evo but this time I'm getting the white one My thread is a little pointless but I guess for people thinking the same thing I was I hope it works better for you than me.
    lssanjose likes this.
    11-30-10 09:57 AM
    I personally see no use for a Tablet. Not when I can get a 100 times more powerful netbook for less than half the cost then use the mobile hotspot to get online.

The few tab's that I have seen below $200 are cheap pieces of crap. I'm happy you have a way to get a new Evo!
    11-30-10 10:50 AM
    My thread is a little pointless but I guess for people thinking the same thing I was I hope it works better for you than me.
    That's fine..hot girls posting ANYTHING on this site should be encouraged..so I say "more please"
    11-30-10 11:24 AM
    After reading your post, I think I am avoiding tabs. I know they have many points, but my big bad x just doesn't make it wise for me to buy one. When they get powerful enough to do what my laptop and home computers do, I may consider then. Glad you had that upgrade. I almost went to sprint for that evo, and If 4g was in my area, I may have jumped! Glad it worked out, thanks for sharing that
    11-30-10 12:30 PM
    I still do like tabs a lot and i'm sure some people could do it but I can't not have a phone that does everything. I know a lot of people have been saying the 7 inch is the "sweet spot" but for me personally since I have to use both hands to use it anyway I think I will sit tight till there is a quality 10 inch android or look into buying an ipad and just use it on wifi. I personally hate netbooks, they are bulky and while you do get more power with them you still can't do a lot with them and for the price I'd rather buy a smaller screen notebook that has a disk drive and things like that. I know I will wind up buying a new tablet or ipad probably after there are a few more high end choices but for now my phone and my Vaio will have to do
    11-30-10 01:31 PM
    That's fine..hot girls posting ANYTHING on this site should be encouraged..so I say "more please"
    I agree your next thread should be how my white evo gets dirty too fast.
    U know when I got my tab I thought I could do without my smartphone. But nah because there are situations I am not going to want to carry my tablet.
    Quick runs errands,no. Dr's office yes, mechanic yes any waiting room scenario.
    Glad u were able to get another one.........
    I wanna say something sooooo smarta$$.....
    Last edited by TrendyProfessional1; 11-30-10 at 02:04 PM.
    11-30-10 01:54 PM
    Are there things a tablet will do that a smartphone won't, besides have a slightly bigger screen? I guess I do not understand the purpose of them at all. I mean especially if the tablet is just going to run a smartphone OS and use the same apps smartphones use. I think a tablet would be the ish if they made one that ran a real computer OS and allowed that functionality with the convenience of a touch screen.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear you've got a way to get back into an Evo. Thanks for sharing your experience with the tablet...
    11-30-10 01:55 PM
    The only difference I have really noticed is that it doesnt make phone calls. I think it's a nice option for somebody that has a blackberry or something that they don't want to leave but want something to have fun on or for somebody that doesn't like netbooks and wants something larger than a phone to entertain them while on the go. Like I said I still like it and I didnt have any of the issues people were talking about with the galaxy tab but I just miss my evo too much and I can't justfiy paying another 30 a month for it if im going back to the evo and in MY opinion I think it's worth $350-$400 it is def. not worth the $600 it cost off contract.
    11-30-10 03:37 PM
    Are there things a tablet will do that a smartphone won't, besides have a slightly bigger screen?
    As of right now, no. Android is suppose to be optimized for tablets once Gingerbread releases. US SGS tabs can't make phone calls without some tweaks I believe. Otherwise, everything should be exactly the same just on a bigger screen.

I will not buy a tablet as of right no for this reason. My 4.3 inch screen is plenty enough and until the hardware and software far surpasses their smartphone counterparts, I have absolutely no need for a tablet. Especially when I have a MacBook Pro at my house (only place I would even use a tablet) that will run circles around it.
    11-30-10 04:44 PM
    Good points in here...as much as I like the idea of tabs, I don't see the point of them....until they make phone calls....

Bring back the old school meeting the new school of boomboxes up on the shoulder to the ear, haha!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-10 07:09 PM
    Good points in here...as much as I like the idea of tabs, I don't see the point of them....until they make phone calls....

Bring back the old school meeting the new school of boomboxes up on the shoulder to the ear, haha!

Like this?

11-30-10 10:13 PM
    Yes, just like that.

11-30-10 11:59 PM
    To bad that chump don't know blue tooth roflmao!
    12-01-10 01:03 AM
    Like this?

Now that would just mess up my coolness....
    12-01-10 11:37 AM
    LOL, I'd seriously feel like such an @$$ holding a tablet up to my ear. On a positive note after going to 3 freaking sprint stores I am now the proud owner again of an Evo... I am loving the shiny white back. I'll be sure to post about it if it gets dirty so you can get some more of my hotness lol jk
    12-01-10 04:11 PM
    To bad that chump don't know blue tooth roflmao!
    lol. That is Dieter Bohn, he runs Smartphone Experts (CB and all the sister sites).
    12-01-10 04:36 PM
    lol. That is Dieter Bohn, he runs Smartphone Experts (CB and all the sister sites).
    I have seen him over at android central, he really isn't a chump at all
    12-01-10 04:53 PM
    LOL, I'd seriously feel like such an @$$ holding a tablet up to my ear. On a positive note after going to 3 freaking sprint stores I am now the proud owner again of an Evo... I am loving the shiny white back. I'll be sure to post about it if it gets dirty so you can get some more of my hotness lol jk
    LOL I needed that to get my morning off to a good start.
    We'll be waiting
    12-02-10 08:12 AM
    Id love a tab but don't have money (I'm a student) but that's ok.

this is what i'd do: keep my G2, get a tablet, and my G2 would be my phone/on the go device. The tab would likely stay at home and be shared between the kicthen, livng room, and bedroom as an entertainment device. Much easier than a laptop.

I wouldn't use it as a replacement for a smartphone, though.

12-02-10 01:34 PM
    Id love a tab but don't have money (I'm a student) but that's ok.

this is what i'd do: keep my G2, get a tablet, and my G2 would be my phone/on the go device. The tab would likely stay at home and be shared between the kicthen, livng room, and bedroom as an entertainment device. Much easier than a laptop.

I wouldn't use it as a replacement for a smartphone, though.

Thats exactly the way I use mine......
    12-02-10 02:44 PM
    I can see a point behind a tablet. Probably can replace a laptop, or netbook. But, I can't deny the flirtation I have of taking sony's sexy netbook, and slapping Linux on it so it'll be uber sexy
    12-02-10 02:54 PM
    I can just imagine all the guys now, wondering when you will get that phone dirty ;-)

12-02-10 03:14 PM
    I can just imagine all the guys now, wondering when you will get that phone dirty ;-)

hahahaha!
    12-02-10 03:19 PM

hahahaha!
    Niiiice................ lol friggin lol
    Actually I am waiting to hear how it accentuates her French tips when she holds it.....
    How guys just stop and pause when she is holding it.
    12-02-10 03:22 PM
    Niiiice................ lol friggin lol
    Actually I am waiting to hear how it accentuates her French tips when she holds it.....
    How guys just stop and pause when she is holding it.
    Maybe we can post some tips on how to get it dirty real quick?
    12-02-10 03:26 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD