So, I know that there have been quite a few threads on cases, and for those that will yell at me for starting another, I am sorry, but this would get lost in the middle of one of those so I am starting a new one.

I have used a few different cases for the Torch. I had the AGF GRT but found it to be too bulky, so I switched to the Otterbox. First OBX i had broke and the second one caused a significant wobble in the bezzle (which is not there when the case is off).

So my question is this, is there a really GOOD case out there? One that is not too bulky and that is sturdy and works for the Torch - or is it just better to keep it naked and use a holster?

Thanks.
    11-30-10 09:51 AM
    At this point use either zagg or BSE with a OEM holster

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-10 09:59 AM
    A decent screen protector of your choice with an OEM holster is how Ive always rocked my berries. All those cases in my opinion just add unneeded bulk. Anyone pushing "their" favorite screen protector is just that. Personally I hate zagg on the touch screen and it's way to expensive.
    11-30-10 10:02 AM
    Seidio Innocase fits great and is solid!!
    11-30-10 01:38 PM
    help? well unsure what it is you want...

what i can say is that the otterbox is otter garbage for the torch...
    (people who adore it need to simply drop their case or own it for more then a week to notice its issues...)

ive been using the agf case - and love it... 'case' wise and imo its the best case out there for the torch... corrects wobble, doent have cheap peices that simply pop off if dropped and such....

agf with screen protector imo.
    11-30-10 02:22 PM
    I'm using the Seidio, and love it. But the AGF looks great too, thinking of getting one.
    11-30-10 05:08 PM
    Just ordered an AGF GRT case for the Torch. I usually buy Otterbox, but the AGF one looked much better for the Torch.
    11-30-10 05:22 PM
    I also ordered the agf from ebay after reading a lot of positive feedback. Sounds like agf is the best but if its too bulky then just stick with the bb holster

11-30-10 07:36 PM
    Personally I found the AGF to be the best hard case for the Torch. The way it clips on to itself is going to make it a lot more secure than the other designs out there, which all have 2 independent pieces that clip on to the Torch. Its solid feeling is worth trading off the little extra width you gain from using it.
    11-30-10 09:13 PM
    Does the AGF case add a lot of bulk? and is it available at any canadian retailer?
    Thanks

11-30-10 11:00 PM
    Personally I found the AGF to be the best hard case for the Torch. The way it clips on to itself is going to make it a lot more secure than the other designs out there, which all have 2 independent pieces that clip on to the Torch. Its solid feeling is worth trading off the little extra width you gain from using it.
    I had seen in another thread thatthe AGF charging port hole didn't properly line up, forcing the user to remove the AGF shell to charge the phone. The result was nicks & scratches from continued removal & reinstallation. Has the port/hole alignment been an issue for you?
    11-30-10 11:32 PM
    How about that Mobi case? How does it compare to all the cases above?
    I've been reading a lot of good reviews about it.

11-30-10 11:32 PM
    I had seen in another thread thatthe AGF charging port hole didn't properly line up, forcing the user to remove the AGF shell to charge the phone. The result was nicks & scratches from continued removal & reinstallation. Has the port/hole alignment been an issue for you?
    The problem isn't an alignment issue, it lines up perfectly. It's more of a fit issue. In order for the lower portion of the case to have integrated rails in them for the top portion to attach it, they had to make it slightly wider than the width of the Torch. What this does is create an overhang of sorts over top of the charging port.

This partially blocks the top part of the micro usb plug and prevents it from sitting in tightly. My quick and easy solution to this was to take my Dremel to the top of the usb plug for a few seconds and file it down slightly at an angle.

12-01-10 12:14 AM
    I think the bold has proven tough for the classic cases we all love. However I am using the Seidio Innocase Surface combo with the holster and have been very happy with it for the past month! The protection while out of the holster is huge for me. As well as having the option to go with just the case on the device.

I tried the Otterbox also and it was nothing but trouble for me.

My 2 cents.

12-01-10 12:58 AM
    i have no issues with the oem charging cable that came with mine - plugs in proper and snug each time...
    however if you are using a different cable you might... but like above with a sharp knife or dremil its a simple fix - but i havnt had to modify the usb/travel plug that came with my torch.

as for canadian retailers - no... i had to order mine from ebay.
    (crappy thing is the one person that sells them on ebay says they ship from los angeles but they actually come from belgium which means 2-3 week ship time.)

im sure you can order them from afg directly.
    Last edited by GrafixInk; 12-01-10 at 07:05 AM.
    12-01-10 07:03 AM
    +1 on the Seidio Innocase Surface. I used this same case/holster combo on my iPhone for two years, and it's simply the perfect option for me.

snug, no slip fit. hard case so it helps with drops. faces inward into holster, so screen is always protected. sleep mode supported with this holster as well.

very quick in and out of the holster.

In almost 3 years of using this combination, I have never had the phone come out of holster on my belt accidentally. great stuff.
    12-03-10 10:54 AM
    I just received my AGF GRT today from AT&T, fast shipping too! 3 days, plus i got 50% off cause of the cyber monday deal!

Fits great, protects great. Sliding is fairly difficult at first, but it does loosen up.

My charger fits fine with the case on, so I'm glad i don't have to file my charger down or anything.

+1 on AGF
    12-03-10 04:05 PM
    Got my AGF in today ..... LOVE it !!! Changes the whole feel of the phone for the better !

Blackberry guy thumbs up on the charger tip worked great

12-03-10 04:31 PM
    Got my AGF in today ..... LOVE it !!! Changes the whole feel of the phone for the better !

Blackberry guy thumbs up on the charger tip worked great

lol... amen brother told ya.
    12-03-10 04:46 PM
    just got the agf that i ordered from ebay. Awesome awesome case. fits perfect, stops any clacking or wobble screen. Yes it is really stiff when you open it but who cares it will get worked in. 10/10!!!!
    12-03-10 09:09 PM
    I just got my AGF case yesterday also... ebay for $15... says $35 on the back of packaging so I think I got a good deal. Came in AT&T packaging also...

anyway... I like the way it fits and works on the phone... I can see where some others had complaints about the lip by the keys on the trackpad end but that doesnt bother me one bit. just use the tip of your thumb instead of the pad. same with the lock button on top. this case should prevent all those complaining of inadvertant button pushes when they reach in their pocket to grab the phone...again no big deal to me... I use a clip holster and it still fits in my BB leather. I may get a little bigger one though because the magnet flap just barely makes contact now. Probably just needs to "re-learn" where it needs to fold over.

that is a good mod idea for the charger plug, i may do that, but right now I dont have a issue with how snug it fits. My plug goes in straight, it is just more snug now.

The only thing that could be better is if they put a rubbery texture to the case like the original back battery cover...didnt slide when I'd set it down... the AGF is plastic... good quality I think, but slick.

The blue looks good, have tried on the black chrome face yet... it would be nice if they would start marketing other colors that you could buy to change out... I think the black back and different colored faceplace looks good.
    12-03-10 09:47 PM
    I found the AGF to be a little too slick as well. It was sliding off my desk at the slightest nudge, and if I held it the wrong way, it always felt like it was going to fly out of my hand.

I ended up taking the back piece of a Zagg invisibleshield for the Torch, trimming down the sides a bit, and then putting it on to the back of the AGF. Works perfect - gives it just a little more slip resistance without being overly sticky.

12-03-10 10:27 PM
    12-04-10 02:21 AM
    Good idea BBGuy.

And I like those Egrips, I am going to see if I can find anything like that around here otherwise I may order some.
    12-04-10 11:12 AM
    Just bought the AGF GRT case off ebay for 10.99$ new(something different from the OEM pocket pouch, and all the rave reviews it's been getting around here), that's over half the price that AGF is getting on their own website. Kinda make you wonder who's making the most out of these type of items. I'm sure even the guy I bought mine from is making a profit.
    12-04-10 07:09 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD