Hey Crack-heads

In the on-going search for a quality voice enabled, turn by turn sat-nav I was nudged in the direction of Wisepilot which has recently been updated. It offered a free 5 day trial, so I gave it a go, and I am pretty impressed. The navigation itself is accurate and it seems to have a lot of "sensible but essential" options.

It's not that cheap, but you pay for it as a one-off rather than an annual subscription which appeals to me and it has various safety caemra/traffic options as well.

Anyone else had a look at this? Opinions?
    11-30-10 07:55 AM
    Excuse my ignorance, but I thought Wisepilot only worked in the UK?
    12-08-10 07:59 PM
    Id say this app works great yet quite pricey and confirm it works quite ok here in Indonesia.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-10 11:26 PM
    It works in NA no problems. User interface is quite nice and has some very nice features like local search, which works better than Poynt imo.
    12-10-10 03:45 PM
    Just a small update for you - I just got back from a 3 week trip to Australia and used WP every day whilst there (purchased a 1 month map sub) and it worked flawlessly the whole time.

I've finally deleted Amaze and Telmap, will stick with this one for a while I think.
    01-07-11 09:56 AM
    Tried it today, unfortunately it doesn't work in Dubai What a shame, looks decent. I hope they come up with an update that supports the map of Dubai

I wouldnt mind paying for it
    01-07-11 06:03 PM
    Matrix

I've just double checked and Wisepilot offer complete coverage of the U.A.E., so Dubai will be covered in there.

P.
    01-12-11 11:05 AM
    It's not that cheap, but you pay for it as a one-off rather than an annual subscription which appeals to me and it has various safety caemra/traffic options as well.
    Well then, would you mind telling us how much is the one time fee? I hope it's not more than the Garmin Mobil one time cost of $99. I don't like the annual subscription either.
    05-11-11 08:50 PM
    They offer a pretty comprehensive range of pricing depending on what you want - best bet is to take a look here:

https://www.wisepilot.com/nav11/site...jsp?action=248

and see which is best for you.
    05-12-11 01:47 AM
    The trial works perfectly in Greece. It also has the option to download maps in the memory card, but it does not come as a one-off, it has subscription, that can be up to 24 months. The cost is reasonable to me and it is the only one for BB I have seen so far that can store maps to the card, but not all the info is stored, so data plan is still needed for navigation, so it is still useless abroad, with the current roaming charges and policies.
    01-31-12 02:58 AM
    never new that, great to know.
    02-01-12 05:34 AM
    Bad thing: new phone, no wisepilot. Lisence is for the phone, and not for the user account.
    08-14-12 02:30 PM
    Talk to them - I had this and they transferred my license to my new 'Berry.

Bad thing: new phone, no wisepilot. Lisence is for the phone, and not for the user account.
    09-13-12 06:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD