Today SHAPE Services starts beta-testing of IM+ Talk for BlackBerry v.4.3.0.3.

We invite you to take part in BETA round of new IM+ Talk version.
    We are adding the exciting feature: free voice communication within 3G/HSDPA/GPRS/EDGE/BIS/BES.

VoIP functions of IM+ for Skype currently work in half-duplex mode.
    Please press left convenient key to talk and release it to hear you interlocutor.
    This setting can be changed under "Settings"/VoIP" menu.
    Torch users should use right convenient key in this case.

Please note, that you may be charged for Internet traffic while using VoIP via your cell network.
    Please contact you operator to clarify this.

Download the installation for your BlackBerry (works till 15th of December 2010)
    directly to your Blackberry on our WAP-site
    wap.shapeservices.com/skype-beta

Or you can install the application using BlackBerry Desktop Software:
    IM+ Talk Beta

Please note, that beta versions may be unstable.

Please use the latest stable release of IM+ Talk in case you prefer stability.
    You can always download it directly to your BlackBerry from our wap site:
    wap.shapeservices.com

You may post your comment here or send them from IM+ Talk selecting "Help" / "Feedback" from the menu.
    When posting your comments in this thread, please specify your Blackberry model,
    Blackberry OS, wireless carrier, and network type (3G/HSDPA, GPRS/EDGE, BIS/BES etc.).

As usual, active beta-testers will be awarded with license codes.

Waiting for your feedback!
    Last edited by SHAPE; 11-29-10 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Topic edited
    11-29-10 07:06 AM
    I can't seem to pick another Im service. 9700 OS 6.0.0.358. T mobile wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-10 07:59 AM
    Awesome. I'll try it out...who knows maybe I'll give Skype another chance.
    11-29-10 08:39 AM
    I can't seem to pick another Im service. 9700 OS 6.0.0.358. T mobile wifi.
    Please describe your steps in more detail. What difficulties do you encounter with?
    11-29-10 08:48 AM
    Please describe your steps in more detail. What difficulties do you encounter with?
    It won't allow me to add other im clients, aim, yahoo etc. I put in my skype info but none of my contacts pop up. Once I press the BB button in the app nothing comes up.

11-29-10 09:48 AM
    It won't allow me to add other im clients, aim, yahoo etc.
    IM+ Talk supports only Skype service. It allows you chatting and calling to your contacts. If you want to chat with MSN, Yahoo, Facebook, Gtalk, ICQ, MySpace, AOL users, you should use another application, named IM+ or IM+ Pro.

I put in my skype info but none of my contacts pop up. Once I press the BB button in the app nothing comes up.
    Please choose "Sing in" under main menu. You should connect to server before you'll be able to chat or call.
    11-29-10 09:56 AM
    I successfully downloaded and launched the app and it shows that I am logged in, but my contacts are not appearing (however it does show that 2 are online), and clicking the BlackBerry/Options button does not bring up any menu.

Sprint BlackBerry Bold 9650 - OS 6.0.0.333 - CDMA
    11-29-10 10:36 AM
    Downloaded and installed for 8900 T-mobile, 5.0.0.1022. GUI is nicer than before, however, no matter how I try, I cannot connect with or without WIFI. So I cannot give a valid review. This was the same reason I canceled last time I paid for Shape Services apps. I really need a workable mobile skype application, and I so wish this app would work. I don't know if the trial is different than a paid app in working vs. not working. It is a shame that Verizon and skype are controlling Blackberry users.

Update: Had to change the TCP/IP from epc.tmobile.com to internet2.voicestream.com and is now working. Keeping it in the background, you get the new skype message pushed to inbox. Enable cursor and drag with ALT key to copy and paste the message text. Now connects on EDGE, where the previous version never ever connected to skype. Great improvement. Used skoot before, but this far better. IM+ never worked before: this is good. Will try talk function tomorrow. If this keeps up, it is the best skype app for blackberry. would be great to have this as a permanent app.
    Last edited by gyokuro; 11-29-10 at 09:19 PM. Reason: update
    11-29-10 03:45 PM
    Hi. I am having connection problems. App claims that I am already connected through another device? And I should sign out and yet again. I can't find how to sign out?
    Thanks.

11-29-10 04:30 PM
    Off to a good start here....continually in reconnecting mode - BB torch os 6.0.0.337 3G wifi BIS Vodafone Italy oh just got this message - connect error please try later...
    11-29-10 06:05 PM
    Works for me so far thanks
    11-29-10 06:31 PM
    Is there not supposed to be a menu? I can't figure out a way to completely close the app after I set the back button to close to the background.
    Also, I can't see any of my offline contacts, but every once in a while a random trackpad click will open one of their accounts.
    I'm on a 9650 running OS6.

11-29-10 07:40 PM
    Also it shut down on my once and I got this error:

11-29-10 07:50 PM
    I push the menu button and nothing happens.
    11-29-10 08:39 PM
    uninstalled - beta version doesn't work nor does the version you have on App World, oh well I suppose it was meant to be...
    11-30-10 02:31 AM
    Important notice:
    If you encounter issue with main menu on keyboard device with OS 6, please completely remove IM+ Talk Beta, and re-download it once more from wap site:
    wap.shapeservices.com/skype-beta
    11-30-10 06:44 AM
    Great, I will try that.
    11-30-10 08:08 AM
    No different, and I refreshed the browser and did 2 battery pulls before and after. No menu function. Downloaded 4.3.0.3.
    11-30-10 08:14 AM
    IM+ Pro also has no Menu key on my phone, but at least I can use some of the functionality. The beta app does not work at all on my phone. Help!
    11-30-10 08:21 AM
    Uninstalled and reinstalled, pulled battery, changed all permissions to allow... still no Menu coming up. Also, it takes a long time to login, and then it only shows the number of Skype buddies I have online, but no actual buddy list appears.
    11-30-10 04:55 PM
    Exactly the same here...

11-30-10 04:57 PM
    Please use this direct link:

http://wap.shapeservices.com/downloa...6/im_skype.jad

- IM+ Talk for OS 6.0 devices (not for Torch)
    12-01-10 03:39 AM
    Works! but a few things are funny... The conversations tab shows "Yesterday" when the conversations started today. And The little telephone symbol next to my Skype credit amount has a red line through it, and I can't seem to make Skype-Out calls. My "Location" is properly set up, and the dollar-amount of my Skype credit shows correctly. Also, when setting Online Alerts, the little bell icon is barely showing, way off to the right of the screen, partially off the screen, but after restarting the app the bell shows normally. I haven't yet tried VOIP or sending pictures, etc etc. Thanks!
    Last edited by don.new; 12-01-10 at 08:28 AM.
    12-01-10 08:12 AM
    The conversations tab shows "Yesterday" when the conversations started today.
    This is a known issue. Our developers now work to fix it.
    And The little telephone symbol next to my Skype credit amount has a red line through it, and I can't seem to make Skype-Out calls.
    Whould you please provide us with your Skype account name, for we could check this situation on server?

Also, when setting Online Alerts, the little bell icon is barely showing, way off to the right of the screen, partially off the screen, but after restarting the app the bell shows normally.
    Would you please provide us with any picture of this issue? Any screenshot, photo, or video file would be very appreciated.
    12-01-10 09:05 AM
    Thank you. I just now sent you my Skype name via your Help menu. I lill try to post a screen picture of the bells.

12-01-10 09:17 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD