Just found out this afternoon that the switchover got pushed back to Feb now. Anyone know any details why? This is getting really old. It's been two years now and I'm ready to be done with it.
    11-28-10 05:35 PM
    Just found out this afternoon that the switchover got pushed back to Feb now. Anyone know any details why? This is getting really old. It's been two years now and I'm ready to be done with it.
    What are we talking about?
    12-02-10 02:57 AM
    The Alltel customers in the divested market that I live in (Northern MN and ND) were supposed to finish the transition to AT&T in January. But, I've learned that the transition will be taking place in late Feb now, and I'm wondering what the hold up is this time.
    12-02-10 06:43 PM
    The sales rep in the Alltel store said the switchover in Montana is projected to be March 1st. When I asked why the switchover keeps slipping, he claimed ATT is putting their latest equipment in. Sure. The ATT phones on display were showing edge, not 3g.

It's getting old, and I can't wait to see what VZW is going to launch next Jan.
    12-03-10 05:32 PM
    I live in New Mexico and they mentioned that they are installing fiber optics to existing towers. Probably to increase capacity? Alltel salesman said date is feb to march now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-10 07:06 PM
    The problems they have been having in New Mexico are due to 3rd parties that are running the fiber optic lines to the cell sites. All of the cell sites are ready to go as soon as the fiber is finished. As far as seeing the phone show edge in a store in montana, those phones are running on whoever the gsm roaming carrier is in the area not the AT&T system. The AT&T network will not be turned on until ready, which may vary from Feb-Mar depending on where you live. One great piece of news we received last week about bb's on pre-select, they changed the default device from the curve 9300 to the torch if you currently have a tour or bold as your alltel phone. The pre-select system should have the new option loaded around the 17th of december.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD