I have had my new 9330 for the last 3 weeks and seem to have a problem getting text from people from Verizon customers. My question is will it be worth me trying a wipe or should I call Sprint first and see if it is on there end.
    I forgot to mention that the people I am texting all get the text I send to them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-10 12:42 PM
    Issues with SMS are almost always due to issues with the carrier and have nothing to do with the device OS. Wiping your device will not solve the issue.

Have your friends called VZW? Perhaps there are tower maintenance issues.
    11-28-10 12:50 PM
    I would call Sprint first as most SMS issues are network related.
    11-28-10 12:50 PM
    Thanks for the quick responses, I had a feeling I would just need to call Sprint but figured I would ask first.
    I did not have any of them call VZW to check with them since they had been receiving my text,I will start with Sprint and see what I can get from them.

11-28-10 12:55 PM
    I would call Verizon. I've encountered this problem with every single Verizon friend I talk to frequently, and I'm on AT&T, so it's not just Sprint. Seems, though, that it's not just Verizon, but something to do with the Verizon/BB connection because that same problem doesn't seem to affect anyone that doesn't have a BB. Or maybe they just don't realize it, I'm not sure. Because it even happened to two of my friends the other day, and they're both on Verizon (they were even in the same mall) and yet his BB didn't get the message until almost an hour after it was sent.
    11-28-10 03:56 PM
    Hmm..Well I will have my friend call VZW also and see what we can come up with.We did setup BBM and have no problems sending and receiving messages, so it does seem to be more of a carrier issue.

11-28-10 05:08 PM
    My girlfriend's phone had the very same problem yesterday, she was texting about 5 or 6 different people and two of them could recieve her text messages and replied back and her phone showed she got a new message from each and would even let her read the first part when she would go into her inbox, but as soon as she clicked the actual persons' text it showed they ahd sent a blank message. Still today she isn't able to see their messages and both the people that texted her were within an arms reach.
    12-01-10 07:23 AM
    I have the same problem. There are two people I can get txt from but when I send txt they dont get it. Wish Verizon would fix this.
    01-03-11 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD